Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tight Vagina

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My girlfriend says that it even hurts her to stick a tampon up her, and is nervous about sex, and anything else b.c she thinks it will hurt. She is a virgin.

How would I go about not hurting her when I finger / have sex with her?

Thanks,
i see you

Comments

• Options
    i see you wrote:
    My girlfriend says that it even hurts her to stick a tampon up her, and is nervous about sex, and anything else b.c she thinks it will hurt. She is a virgin.

Thanks,
    i see you
    Start off by fingering her with one finger and then gradually increse it to two and then three before you attempt sex.

Make sure she is relaxed and doesn't feel pressurised into doing whatever. Also take lots of time and make sure she isn't too nervous.

A lubricant like KY Jelly can also be really helpful in my experience.
  • Options
    And make sure you are very gentle
  • Options
    don't forget that fingering isn't just about putting your finger(s) inside her. you should also stimulate her clitiros.
  • Options
    lube it up chuck
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    lube it up chuck

lmao!!

yeah work on the fingers to stretch her a bit, and then just go for it - be gentle and check she is ok every now and again (i love it when guys so that :) ) and enjoy it - she will have to put up with a bit of pain cos most people do their first time, and just stick with it, it shud def not hurt by at least the 5th time i reckon

god luck!
  • Options
    jenni30 wrote:
    it shud def not hurt by at least the 5th time i reckon
    For me it was about the 50th tbh.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    For me it was about the 50th tbh.

Yup, me too. Is still a bit tight if I haven't had sex for quite a while.
  • Options
    Kate1 wrote:
    Is still a bit tight if I haven't had sex for quite a while.
    Yep same here. I'm in a long distance relationship and when we have sex for the first time in ages it is quite painful.
  • Options
    I get that..but then i cant decide weather its a nice pain or a bad pain yet.
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    I get that..but then i cant decide weather its a nice pain or a bad pain yet.
    Well it's generally a bad side effect of a nice thing for me.

Also when I've not had sex for ages and then I finally do get to see my boyfriend the *last* thing that I want to do is take things 'gently' and 'slowly'... which doesn't help the situation much.
  • Options
    gah now that i read about this i'm worried it's gonna be that way for my gf and me. i haven't seen her in 6 months and i go there in 3 weeks. i hope it's not painful for her.
  • Options
    Six months would kill me. My gf lives over a hundered miles away but I see her twice a week, damn train fares are making it harder and harder to afford it though.
  • Options
    Like everyone has said above just take your time with it and be relaxed. And she is just going to have to put up with a bit of pain when you have sex, or its never going to happen. Pain is one of the side affects of it and yeah its not nice but i managed to pretty much move my mind to the good feeling rather than the bad and enjoyed it. And alot of the people above are right it will take her a few times before it stops hurting, even now about 16 times after my first it still hurts a bit initially.

Take your time with her and as long as she is relaxed it will be fine ;)
  • Options
    Just relax and take loads of time. Fingering works, you can try oral sex too. Take loads of time, make sure she's fairly calm before starting, give her loads of attention, lots of kissing and physical contact. If you wish, tell her what you'd like to do and see whether she's okay with it. Talk to one another. And if things don't go too well, or she wants to stop for whatever reason, respect her wishes. You want her introduction to sex to be a good one, don't you? ;)

Communication is the key to good sex.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Communication is the key to good sex.
    :yes: ^what he said^
  • Options
    i see you wrote:
    My girlfriend says that it even hurts her to stick a tampon up her, and is nervous about sex, and anything else b.c she thinks it will hurt.

it might just be me, but i had trouble using tampons even after i'd been having sex for years. even now there are still only certain types/brands i can use.

it's not usually an indicator of how sex will be, nor necessarily an indicator of size. when you come to have sex your body changes to accomodate. when you use tampons you are shoving a foreign body into areas of your body that are less than chuffed anyway due to the whole period situation.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    :yes: ^what he said^
    I wanted to say "potentially amazing sex", but considering the first time is never that good, I didn't want to raise a young man's... hopes. Ahem.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    it might just be me, but i had trouble using tampons even after i'd been having sex for years. even now there are still only certain types/brands i can use.

it's not usually an indicator of how sex will be, nor necessarily an indicator of size. when you come to have sex your body changes to accomodate. when you use tampons you are shoving a foreign body into areas of your body that are less than chuffed anyway due to the whole period situation.
    :yes:
    with me sex= great

tampons= :no:

so it doesn't have to be that coz tampons hurt everything else will too. take it slowly though.
  • Options
    You're not generally turned on when you use a tampon (well it doesn't float my boat) so the reason it can hurt is that you're kinda dry down there, especially since tampons can dry you out too. Her body will prepare itself for sex, providing you make sure she is suitably relaxed and turned on first. If you try and put anything up there before she is ready then yes it will hurt. If you're worried, take is slow :thumb:
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    You're not generally turned on when you use a tampon (well it doesn't float my boat)

:lol:
  • Options
    Try possition shallow penatration possitions and trying not to move that much, try the CAT for example.
  • Options
    I used to find that sometimes tampons hurt a bit, but to sort that out, if your a bit dry down there especially towards the end of your period all you need to do is put a little KY on the end of the tampon, and away you go, so to speak :p
  • Options
    i had the same problem with my girlfriend. I was so scared i'd hurt her. the first attempt as sex i couldn't even get it up because i didn't want to hurt her.

The first time we did it she said it burned for a bit, then went away, then came back later.. during our 7 mile bikeride... sneaking over when you can't drive is so worth it. ;)

I went realllly slow and didn't go in that far until she said she wanted to start going.
  • Options
    I found that it was better with me on top when I first started having sex because then I could control the pain a bit more.
  • Options
    I still have problems with the intial pain, but it is getting better now I'm getting it more often. KY or another lubricant can work wonders.
  • Options
    i see you wrote:

Thanks,
    i see you
    One word...

LUBE
  • Options
    Hurt me a hell of a lot, still does but its SO much better now because of the amount its been done. Just takes a lot of time and patients :yes:
  • Options
    Naomi_UK wrote:
    . Just takes a lot of time and patients :yes:

Oh right, you work in one of those 'surgeries' do you? Say no more :yippe:
  • Options
    i was with someone last night and everything was going fine up until actual penetration :( hurt like hell so in the end i had to say stop!!! im hoping the pain will decrease after each attempt!! otherwise im in trouble.. i didnt think it would hurt as much as it did! hopefully itll get better
  • Options
    I've always had problems but the pain goes in about 30 seconds now and I can enjoy it finally as long as I use KY. He can tell whens hes hurting me and will give it a break if he has to.