Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sex and living with parents

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have the same problem with me and my boyfriend, we just wait until they are out also I have a lock on my bedroom door so just have to be quiet.
  • Options
    nw_samzi19 wrote:
    My mums fine with it. We're usually quiet when we know shes home anyway.

My mum knows that we do it and says as long as they arent in the house... :naughty:

But until she knew, he was sleeping on the couch. But now he's allowed to sleep in my room, we do it when everyone has gone to bed, and not on my bed coz it squeaks!!

His parents are quite Catholic and dont allow us to sleep in same room, so we do it on the couch when they've gone to bed or else when they arent home. Or... just be risky :naughty:

We are both 17 going on 18 and so it just really depends on the "oppourtune moment" and your 'rents.
  • Options
    Just let them catch you doing something that they'll find so embarassing that they'll never want to discuss it with you, and will never walk in again.

To be honest, at your age you should be paying rent anyway, and as soon as you are they can't use the "my house, my rules" thing, because you can just threaten to move out, and most parents don't want you to move out, they want you here where they can keep an eye on you.
  • Options
    pinkvans wrote:
    whats so wrong with going downstairs and mixing with her parents? once they get to know you and see how you treat their daughter (courteously, lovingly etc) they'll trust you more with their precious gem. :lol:

well, there are reasons why i didn't want to go downstairs. reasons that would shock some. i'd rather not say. well, i'll just say her parents abuse more than one illegal substance and i didn't want to have anything to do with it or see it or anything.
  • Options
    This is why I'm so grad my mums alright with it.
  • Options
    This is why I'm so grad my mums alright with it.

Yeah exactly. Ever since i was 16 i've been allowed to have boyfriends stop over and stuff, i couldn't imagine it now being 19 and not being allowed to have anyone stop over, must suck.
  • Options
    [QUOTE=I'm With StupidTo be honest, at your age you should be paying rent anyway.[/QUOTE] I dont pay rent because i'm a full time student.

Thanks for all of your replies - never realised it'd be such a discussion point!
  • Options
    i have no privacy either, everyone just barges in without knocking i don't even have a door handle (no one ever bothered to get one fitted when i had my door changed even though ive been asking for one for years) so i can't even close my door properly :(
  • Options
    It wouldn't be an issue in our house - my mum and dad wouldn't bat an eyelid. I've had male friends sleep over in my room before and no questions were asked.
    My parents are great, my even dad fitted a lock on the outside of my door, and one on the inside, again, no questions asked.
    Whenever I'm in my room, I always get a knock and 'are you decent' and then they'll come in. (I'm nearly 20 and don't pay rent.)

I suppose, if your parents know you respect them, they'll respect you and your privacy.

Ilora x
  • Options
    I am 20, living at home and I've had my boyfriend stay over since we started seeing each other (when I was 16). I think what it comes down to is the fact that I was prepared to discuss things quite openly with my mum. She knew that I had been having sex for a while and the fact is, if you are in a relationship with someone and want to have sex with them, you will do it. Whether or not your parents let your boyfriend sleep over, or whether you sleep over his house etc, they cannot escape the fact that they are doing it. I pretty much pointed this out to my mum, and said that at the end of the day I would never bring random guys home but having someone sleep over that she knows, who is my long-term partner and when I am over 16 is an entirely different matter.

In my view, having sex in your own home is not disrespectful - you are an adult and if they would let other adults stay over the house (in a guest room for example) together whether or not they were married, then that seems to me that they don't have a problem with the idea of having other adults have sex in the house. As long as you excercise discretion, don't wander around naked or make loads of noise then I don't see what the problem is.

So yeah, ultimately I would suggest trying and talking to your mum about it, seeing how she feels about it now and whether or not she feels the situation would change in the future - for example if you were to move in together but then wanted to come back and visit, would she even let you sleep in the same room then. Ultimately if both sets of parents feel very strongly against it then you have to respect that, and the only thing you can do is as others have suggested - find other places, do it when everyone is out etc.
  • Options
    we're both 18 now and my parents are fine with the gf being here, shes stays here etc etc no problem we're just sure to be quiet (i fucking HATE squeaky beds tho)

a few years back with my ex gf we there was nowhere we could have sex, no chance in either of our houses, so we just made do with all sorts of other places :naughty: ... well worth it, ill never forget some of those haha :D

just throw a pillow down on the floor and get her on her knees!

(lucky for me my gf is tiny so if worst comes to worst i can just pick her up ;))
  • Options
    I still can't work out what is wrong with the car...
  • Options

Could be your alternator....
  • Options
    haha, good one. i think it's just that i like space and comfort. but i can understand it if it's out of desperation.
  • Options
    We were going to do it in his parents car once coz he was so depserate, but getting into the garage can be quite noisy and their room was right next to the garage... we went to the golf course instead... but was a shitty night. The moral of the story is that we still had sex anyway LMAO
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    Yeah exactly. Ever since i was 16 i've been allowed to have boyfriends stop over and stuff, i couldn't imagine it now being 19 and not being allowed to have anyone stop over, must suck.

I'm 20 in May and I'm not allowed to have my boyfriend upstairs in my room, let alone stop over. May I add we've been together for a year and are practically engaged. I go round to his but I'm not allowed to sleep there. Pointless as my mom knows we sleep together.. a tad overprotective, when she found out he'd been coming up to stay with me at uni she went bonkers and, I later discovered, told my boyfriend's dad she'd castrate my boyfriend if I got pregnant. Nice one mom!

Yet she never bat an eyelid when I stayed out all night several times at boy's houses a couple of years ago, crawling in at 6 am. Parents.
  • Options
    well, there are reasons why i didn't want to go downstairs. reasons that would shock some. i'd rather not say. well, i'll just say her parents abuse more than one illegal substance and i didn't want to have anything to do with it or see it or anything.
    :( I'm sorry about that. You're right to feel that way. Cars it is then, though sometimes it's a little awkward finding somewhere to go.. It isn't that cramped if you put the seats right down. Or go in the backseat and get her to sit on you.
  • Options
    haha, neither of us drives or has a car either. and her whole general vicinity is kinda shady. but we'll work somethin out.
  • Options

there are nicer places to have sex than in a car!
  • Options
    We both live with parents and have brothers and sisters living at home and it's really difficult to get alone time! When staying at each others houses we're not allowed to share a bed (despite being nearly 20)! Anyone else been in this situation and can share their wisdom?

You'll hopefully find the situation changes with time, especially when it finally clicks that you're both serious. When I first stayed round at my boyfriend's house when we'd been together nearly 18 months, he was 23, I was 20, his mum banished me to the spare room, and for a good view visits after that.

One time his gran was staying over the same weekend as me so had the spare room. His mum asked him to sleep in the living room while I had the bed. He refused, said it was silly; we'd been together over 2 years, his mum could tell his gran whatever she liked, but we were both going to sleep in his room. End of story. So we did.

Then, when I finished uni, I moved in with my boyfriend and his mum. Yes, we're both in his room and in a double bed to boot. His gran lives with us all full time, but there's no more of this pretending he's sleeping in the living room malarky. Funny how times change.
  • Options
    yea, there are plenty of places where people arent come gonna and you won't be heard!

theres a million things outside you could bend someone over ;)
  • Options
    If your parents won't let you go upstairs together, have sex in the kitchen, after doing the washing up.
  • Options
    field, pool, barn, beach, bathroom, garden shed, changing rooms, i think you get the point...i am legally married but im still not allowed to have my husband/fiance (whatever you all want to call him) stay over or stay over at his for fear of me having sex before the white wedding....erm too late mum!
  • Options
    Amira wrote:
    field, pool, barn, beach, bathroom, garden shed, changing rooms, i think you get the point...i am legally married but im still not allowed to have my husband/fiance (whatever you all want to call him) stay over or stay over at his for fear of me having sex before the white wedding....erm too late mum!
    Do you get two weddings then?
  • Options
    Do you get two weddings then?
    sort of...and dont go hijaking the thread you! :p
  • Options
    Amira wrote:
    sort of...and dont go hijaking the thread you! :p
    I was just wondering. I think thats what my mate had done who comes from dubai. Sorry :p
  • Options
    I was just wondering. I think thats what my mate had done who comes from dubai. Sorry :p
    you have a mate from dubai *raises an eyebrow* you learn something new everyday. I had a small one of about 80 people in Jan and June is going to be the big one...between 800 - 1000. Its common with arabs but not so much with the expats, they just do it all the same day, like you would in england or anywhere else.
  • Options
    Yeah he does the whole fasting thing and stuff. He's a good mate. His missus dont really like me though heh
  • Options
    I find it funny how, when his parents go away, I'm not allowed to stay over, but they reguarly go out of the house for hours leaving us there, no prob. Eg: his mum went up north, and his dad decided to stay here, so I could stay over. His dad went out for a couple of hours that night to see a rugby game at a bar, then the next morning, drove up to pick up the bfs mum... a 6hour drive.

The moral of the story is that we had sex 4times... hahaha
  • Options
    Oh god I know how you feel!

Me and my fella are long distance relationship so of course when we are together we wanna get horny and such. BUT my parents dont let us sleep together at night (strict) :( Its so annoying cause Im 18 and hes 22. But I guess it IS their house and all.

On the other hand, its not all bad because HIS parents are totally fine with it! :yes: Not to mention if mine go out... :naughty:

Its just, it'll be nice if we could spend nights together here instead, but oh well- we'll have to wait until we move out.