Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do you think you have changed ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have changed... But then I did join thesite at 16. :p

I'm 22 now and a new person.

New nickname? Cause it says you only joined in 2003!
  • Options
    In some respects ive changed a lot, and in some i pretty much feel the same.
    I do know that I get a lot from this place, the people here, its like a proper little community, its been a lot of help at times, and at others its just a much needed bit of escapism.
  • Options
    I found some of my old posts the other day and I was so embarrassed by them that I edited them! I've definitely changed a lot, from a 16 year old who thought she knew everything to a nearly 20 year old who is happy to admit she doesn't!
  • Options
    Learnt a bit more about politics (thx blagsta and klintock lol) and quite a bit more about drugs i spose, I don't think i've really changed but then again i've only been here a few months :)
  • Options
    I was an idiot when I joined the first time in '02. Now, I'm still an idiot but, I hope, a slightly less annoying idiot.
    I have thesite to thank for turning into a grammer nazi. I now shout at grammatically challenged books and have to stop reading them... :p
  • Options
    I've changed since '02(was *Lisa*) I think, In most ways, I'm still a bitch though when I wanna be which isnt that often lately. :angel:
  • Options
    Not really no :chin:
  • Options
    I'm in no doubt. I'm not the same person now as I was in September 2004. People react very differently to me now. They couldn't stand me back then. I've stopped caring what my critics here think, I've started caring what my real friends think. And yes, I've become more arrogant since starting here.
  • Options
    I have changed in the last year but not due really to the site, but this place has helped to deal with things better. I now have some where I can come and post and vent off knowing that someone is there to see it, and that helps, even if I dont know them.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Of course I have. I've been here almost 5 years - joined May 2001.

I joined as a Greenkeeper and am now a Telecoms Engineer.
    In that time I've lost serveral friends in accidents and my mother to cancer. I've gained a criminal record and done a years worth of community service, cut down my drugs use and generally grown up a little - not too much though! :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Nope I haven't, but been here for less than a month, so might get back to you in a year or so on that one ;)
  • Options
    not really been on here long enough to say if i've changed at all. but i do think i'm more converdent (sry my spelling is crap)
  • Options
    In a word... not really.
  • Options
    Of course I have, like Skive, I've nearly been here five years now. I lurked for a while before signing up.

I've met a girl, lost my virginity, got married. Got a degree. Got a job. Bought a house. If you'd told me when I joined I'd be happily married now I'd have laughed at you.

I've changed loads. I'm more mature. I swear (slightly) less. I've seen more of the world, changed my opinions on some things, had my opinion confirmed on others. I've got over the worst of my depression, been through therapy, come out of it a stronger man. I don't cut anymore, except for the odd slip-up. I used to cut 3 or 4 times a day when I joined.

I feel old for this place now, and one day I'll outgrow it and stop posting.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I feel old for this place now, and one day I'll outgrow it and stop posting.
    me too mate.

i have got much older ...another nose hair ...another cavity ...tits have started appearing.
    manged my life long ambition of never becoming a grown up or taking as long as possible to get there ...so far.
    strangest thing ...i now work for a living!
  • Options
    Much as there are people on this site I can't stand, I do feel that there would be something missing if some of the regulars stopped posting here.
  • Options
    Yes, but not enough.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Yes, but not enough.
    You're still a cunt? :p
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    You're still a cunt? :p

Hopefully more of one.

I'm about as dumb and useless now as when I joined. But more of a cunt, and fatter.
  • Options
    Hopefully more of one.

I'm about as dumb and useless now as when I joined. But more of a cunt, and fatter.
    I know your pain.
  • Options
    I'm about as dumb and useless now as when I joined.

No you're not.

You swoosh to work every morning, and get to swoosh about at work.
    But more of a cunt, and fatter.

Being a cunt is good.

Being fat is good.

I'd rather be fat and drink beer and eat curry, than be thin and drink water and eat lettuce.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I do feel that there would be something missing if some of the regulars stopped posting here.

Nah, there wouldn't.

For instance, if I stopped posting, another person would take my place as whingeing miserable old cunt within hours.
    manged my life long ambition of never becoming a grown up or taking as long as possible to get there ...so far.

I'm never going to be a grown up.

I whinge, I'm a sweary old fucker, but I'm not grown up.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

You swoosh to work every morning, and get to swoosh about at work.

I'd rather be fat and drink beer and eat curry, than be thin and drink water and eat lettuce.

Oh definately, I love my food far far too much to be thin. Sometimes its a pain but never mind.

I secretly think Andy should sacrifice his swishing for a rattlebus mhwhwhahaha
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Oh definately, I love my food far far too much to be thin. Sometimes its a pain but never mind.

One only misses the dribbling stage anyway.

I love curry and ale too much. But when I finally fix the gears on my bike, which was set up by a blind retarded Albanian it seems, then I'll be fine.

A three-mile ride to the next village along the river, Wylam, where the CAMRA pub of the year is. And the back to my village, where the Big Lamp brewery is based. Splendid.
    I secretly think Andy should sacrifice his swishing for a rattlebus mhwhwhahaha

Sometimes he goes from the T'Interchange.

Poor cunt.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Sometimes he goes from the T'Interchange.

Poor cunt.

Tell me about it.

It's like being in a tin of sardines in a blender.
  • Options
    i really changed a lot...new friends and new talk made me much mature