Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

11 year old girl treated for heroin withdrawl

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    It's a bloody good AV. I assume Jim is responsible.

That is quite groovy, I presume Jim did it, thanks Jim.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    bongbudda wrote:
    That is quite groovy, I presume Jim did it, thanks Jim.

Mods pet. :rolleyes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Mods pet. :rolleyes:

It wasnt Jim actually, it was one of the other Mods who love me, Helen.
  • Options
    if anyone wants a quick sig pm me a few details and ill whip something up when i get a chance ;)
  • Options
    talia wrote:
    I dont agree with that at all. In fact rich people are doing drugs (I have found), just as much as poor people. I went to a private school and basically everyone had a lot more spare cash, so spent it on drugs.

I mean in a small town of maybe 3000/4000 people, the only ones rich enough to do cocaine and the like were the ones from the private schools.

Yes, rich people are doing drugs. More than poor people mostly. However - the harm that drug use does disproportinately affects poor people more.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Yes, rich people are doing drugs. More than poor people mostly. However - the harm that drug use does disproportinately affects poor people more.
    this is the place i usualy manage to agree with old bagger and i do now.
    the fact is ...up to a possible ten billion quid a year is being spent on illegal drugs in the uk ...if that figure is anywhere near correct then ...it aint coming from the minimum wage or social insecurity or even average crime ...it is of course coming from the comfortably well off and upwards.

drugs damage the poorer people more cos ...they don't have the support networks ...can't relax in rehab for three months etc.
  • Options
    this is the place i usualy manage to agree with old bagger and i do now.
    the fact is ...up to a possible ten billion quid a year is being spent on illegal drugs in the uk ...if that figure is anywhere near correct then ...it aint coming from the minimum wage or social insecurity or even average crime ...it is of course coming from the comfortably well off and upwards.

drugs damage the poorer people more cos ...they don't have the support networks ...can't relax in rehab for three months etc.

Yeah exactly. It is not the lower wage people that are addicted to the expensive drugs, its those middle to upper class people that have money lying around and can afford to spend it.
  • Options
    Also, opium was quite big back then especially over in asia.
    especialy over in europe and america more like.
    producing countries have usualy produced and used these things for thousands of years with very few problems.
    in the 19th century england more or less owned or controlled the worlds opium supply.
    it's use and cultivation was almost unheard of in china ...until the british bombarded the place relentlessly ...for the sole purpose of creating addiction and demand and instability ...how we got hong kong.
  • Options
    Yeah exactly. It is not the lower wage people that are addicted to the expensive drugs, its those middle to upper class people that have money lying around and can afford to spend it.
    the people who bring in millions of quids worth don't exactly get their funding from social insecurity either ...though a few bank robbers used to bankroll such ventures in the past.
    things have turned round though now ...top of the range criminals no longer rob banks ...poor people do.
    your top of the range lads invest ...in drug smuggling and get others to take all the risks.
    interesting bloke just been banged up in south wales though ...
  • Options
    Its madness :no:

What a waste of life! Lets hope this 11 year old recovers quick and sees the damage the stuff can do to her .
  • Options
    Naomi_UK wrote:
    Its madness :no:

What a waste of life! Lets hope this 11 year old recovers quick and sees the damage the stuff can do to her .
    the damage at such a young age will be emotional and psycological in nature more than physical. trouble is...they are much harder to treat.
  • Options
    the damage at such a young age will be emotional and psycological in nature more than physical. trouble is...they are much harder to treat.

Theres some debate as to whether she has messed up her hormonal system too, obviously 11 can be a very important age for a girl.
  • Options
    I heard on the news the other day that the girl had been stopped by the police before for drug use. When she was 9!
    You'd have thought social services would have done something about it then...