Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sex and living with parents

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya everyone :wave: I really could do with some advice. I've been going out with my boyfriend for almost 3 years but just lately our sex life has become a real problem. We both live with parents and have brothers and sisters living at home and it's really difficult to get alone time! When staying at each others houses we're not allowed to share a bed (despite being nearly 20)! Anyone else been in this situation and can share their wisdom?

Comments

• Options
    hmmm,
    leave home?

why the hell anyone would want to live with their parents any longer than they strictly have to is beyond me.
  • Options
    I love living with my parents.... :chin:

Ilora x
  • Options
    I don't love it, but at the minute we can't afford not too.

As for the sex thing you only really have 3 choices.
    Wait untill every one is out
    Do it with the doors locked/shut
    Or rent a cheap hotel room/back seat of the car :p
  • Options
    why the hell anyone would want to live with their parents any longer than they strictly have to is beyond me.
    Agreed. I can't wait until September, put it that way.

As for the sex, either wait until everyone's out, or find somewhere else to romp!
  • Options
    hmmm,
    leave home?

Agreed, but off topic.

Surely you're not around your parents 24/7 or they are not home all that time. There must be a window of opertunity in there somewhere at some time.
  • Options
    Not all the time no, but a lot of the time theres someone else around. Unfortunatly the times my house is completly empty is when we're both in lectures ie week days. Plus his mom works from home meaning that its more difficult.
  • Options
    Well whats his living arangements? You could go to his house?
  • Options
    He lives with his mom (who works from home) and 2 older brothers.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Well whats his living arangements? You could go to his house?

They both live with their parents.

It's a tough one alright, I've no problem with it now as I'm at uni but back home it was awkward. I only ever got sex at house parties or if a girl or me had a free house or even on the street lol.
  • Options
    When staying at each others houses we're not allowed to share a bed (despite being nearly 20)!

Do you stay in the same room?? Or is that implied that you don't and the cold has gone to my head?
  • Options
    hmmm,
    leave home?

Me and my mum live together with 3 of our mates and im 23!

My mum's fucking cool though.
    Depends on what ur rents are like I suppose.
  • Options
    nope, seperate rooms. With my parents room being in between mine and the guest room where he sleeps! I think the problem with being at his place is that his family are quite strict catholics and it was like the world had ended when his 19 yr old cousin got pregnant. As for my parents i really don't get what the problem is, its not exactly an easy topic to bring up.
  • Options
    For girls, in my expereince, sex at their house has had to be very late when everone els eis in bed asleep in their living rooms. At my house, it doesnt matter because my parents are ok with it so long as it is a gf they know of, I.E. not a one night stand.

My advice is for the sex, do it late at night when ever one else is asleep in bed.
  • Options
    He lives with his mom (who works from home) and 2 older brothers.

Oh god, I cant read, sorry for making you type it again :blush:
  • Options
    I live with my mum and grandmother!!!

They are pretty open and stuff but I haven't even tried bring a girl home. I just couldnt face it. I know they'd rib me for it and no idea how they'd react. Plus wouldnt want them to hear!

I'd love to move out but I am practical. I have money but I know it would go pretty quick if I did. SO I am waiting till I have a job , a regular job and then I can move out.

I have only ever had one girl over at my house for fun and thats when the folks were on hols.

It is tricky. I dont drive either so no car fun :(
  • Options
    my ex bf is 23 and i was never allowed to stay in his room. it wasn't an issue though as he could stay at my uni house or my home home. just do it anyway but be quiet! i guess it depends whether his parents/siblings give him any privacy. i.e. don't just barge into his room.
  • Options
    I live with my boyfriend and my strictly-no-sex-before-marriage-parents!
    Im 23. we are not allowed to share a room. My mum walks in at every opportunity to check we are not up to anything.

When you find the answer, please share it before I go mad!
  • Options
    My mums fine with it. We're usually quiet when we know shes home anyway.
  • Options
    I'm not really sure what you expect us to suggest here. There's no miracle solution. You either move out, do it quietly with the door wedged shut, or do it somewhere else.
  • Options
    I think your parents are right to not let you share a bed and you not to have sex under their roof. I think it's just disrespectful. Do it in the car or get a travel lodge room booked.
  • Options
    you could try cottaging?
  • Options
    you could try cottaging?

Sounds kinky! Cottage me baby! harder!
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    Sounds kinky! Cottage me baby! harder!

:lol: i was thinking the same thing
  • Options
    Just be quiet, move the matress onto the floor and bite your lip/pillow and make it quick.
  • Options
    Just be quiet, move the matress onto the floor and bite your lip/pillow and make it quick.

That doesn't sound fun at all.
  • Options
    My parents used to be the same, I wasnt even aloud any boys in my bedroom at all untill I just started ignoring the rules. I did it slowly tho and in a nice way, it would be kinda just going up to show him a pic on the pc and then just not come down for about 15 mins, the time got longer and longer till it became accepted that there was a boy upstairs.

But I had to wait till we'd moved house and got a lodger till I was aloud my bf staying over in the same room. My mum couldnt get away with saying to the lodger not to have his long term partner stay over, so I took advantage of this. I did ask her why and what she would do if he did stay over. But I ignored that in the end and let him stay in my room anyway. She never said a word.

Worried about what she'll do with my new bf tho. Not sure how long to leave it before i let him stay over....maybe a a month or 3. Just so she dnt think I sleep around.
  • Options
    my gf and i both live at home and are in a long distance relationship.
    it's hard sometimes. i've only been to her house once and she's only been to mine once. when i was there i didn't come downstairs the whole time i was there (8 days total) and her stepfather doesn't really like me now. her parents don't know we've had sex yet. i'm sure they'll find out this next time, as i'm staying there for a month. my parents know we have and are okay with it, but my mom has had 2 kids before me. her mom only works some nights during the week and her stepfather works in the early morning to the afternoon and they stay up late so there's always somebody home/awake. and when i was there her sister kept bursting in randomly so we never got very far with anything, which was a major drag. my parents are always nice though and knock before they do anything and they ask if it's okay to open the door before they do. sometimes we did things while they were home but we were quiet. i do hate being quiet though. but at her house her mom just yells for her so that's good too. i just hope her sister isn't there again while i'm there. i'm rambling, anyway, i think you just gotta be quiet, or go somewhere else or do it in a car(i would hate to have sex in a car, how awkward and uncomfortable).
  • Options
    when i was there i didn't come downstairs the whole time i was there (8 days total) and her stepfather doesn't really like me now.

Not suprised!
  • Options
    yeah, her sister came in and said,"he's down there drunk throwing around attittude. he's pissed cause you've stayed up here the whole time."
  • Options
    whats so wrong with going downstairs and mixing with her parents? once they get to know you and see how you treat their daughter (courteously, lovingly etc) they'll trust you more with their precious gem. :lol: