Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How old is too old??

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im reading this post with interest. Im single, dont have any kids and now on the wrong side of 30 and have no wish to get old just yet....

I still go out now and again, follow fashion, music etc exactly the same as I did from 17 up. I have looked after myself fairly well, still have all my hair and teeth lol. I still have as much in common with younger people as I do those my own age.

When I go out with a group of mates people have no idea of my age I am usually approached by girls way younger than me, if they ask we will tell them which usually shocks and they usually dont believe us. Some of my mates have long term partners over 10 years younger than them without issue.

Many old schoolmates with same age partners, got married and had 2.5 kids really young. They are now,overweight,balding, boring dressers, struggling financially and looking way older than they are. If they are happy fair play to them.

What im getting at is that the way people look at 30 can vary wildly, people look younger way longer these days. Just how many pople have you met in clubs or wherever and not really known their true age? I know a good few people in their 30's who can pass for under 25. If you met and fancied them would you run a mile if you found out their true age at a later date?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    its nothing compared to a few girls at school, i know a girl whos with a guy in hes 30s and shes still 15
    another is still 15 and has been sleeping with a married man with kids

Both of these 'relationships' sound wrong to (age gap). The limit for me is 2 years older. Tend not to go for anyone younger though.
  • Options
    Currently I'm 19 (I'll be 20 next month) and I'm seeing a 30 year old (he'll be 31 in June). There have been no age-gap problems so far, although I dreaded telling my parents. We have, however, only been seeing eachother for a couple of months, but if the age gap does become a major problem at a later date then we'll end it.
  • Options
  • Options
    Both of these 'relationships' sound wrong to (age gap).

I agree. When a young lady is 15, however mature she is- in my eyes she's still a child and there is so much scope for abuse. In fact, a 15 year old girl with a 30 year old man is still illegal isn't it?
  • Options
    What do these old men want with kids... in some of these situations it really sounds like they are pedofiles in denial or rehab
  • Options
    im 19 my fella 35 and we are getting married in august. we are very happy. there is 20 years between my dad and his girlfriend.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    What do these old men want with kids... in some of these situations it really sounds like they are pedofiles in denial or rehab

peder-pipers indeed!
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    peder-pipers indeed!

Hey there little girl :naughty::naughty:
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    I agree. When a young lady is 15, however mature she is- in my eyes she's still a child and there is so much scope for abuse. In fact, a 15 year old girl with a 30 year old man is still illegal isn't it?

Not too sure, tbh. But I have a feeling it might be.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    A 15 year old girl with a 16 year old male is still illegal if they're having sex. If I recall correctly.
  • Options
    I'm 19 and my fella is 26, I don't notice an age gap at all! I've never been out with someone much older, I think I made exceptions for this one ;)
  • Options
    lil_kazzy wrote:
    A 15 year old girl with a 16 year old male is still illegal if they're having sex. If I recall correctly.
    One of the great injustices. A 16 year old shagging a 15 year old is treated the same as a 40 year old doing the same thing. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    TheCure wrote:
    Im reading this post with interest. Im single, dont have any kids and now on the wrong side of 30 and have no wish to get old just yet....

I still go out now and again, follow fashion, music etc exactly the same as I did from 17 up. I have looked after myself fairly well, still have all my hair and teeth lol. I still have as much in common with younger people as I do those my own age.

When I go out with a group of mates people have no idea of my age I am usually approached by girls way younger than me, if they ask we will tell them which usually shocks and they usually dont believe us. Some of my mates have long term partners over 10 years younger than them without issue.

Many old schoolmates with same age partners, got married and had 2.5 kids really young. They are now,overweight,balding, boring dressers, struggling financially and looking way older than they are. If they are happy fair play to them.

What im getting at is that the way people look at 30 can vary wildly, people look younger way longer these days. Just how many pople have you met in clubs or wherever and not really known their true age? I know a good few people in their 30's who can pass for under 25. If you met and fancied them would you run a mile if you found out their true age at a later date?
    One of the great advantages of looking young. The looks of a 20 year old with the money/flat/car of a 30 year old. Can't wait for that myself.
  • Options
    i used to go for younger guys all the time, then i met my man...hes 29 and im 20.
  • Options
    when i was 17 i went out with a 22 year old. and at the time it seemed a big gap. but now im 19 (almost 20) i wouldnt be put off by someone who was 25!

my boyfriend is 20 and im 19, he's just over a year older than me and its the perfect gap for me :)
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    :yes: agree....im only 18 and the youngest id go is 16 and the oldest is 20 and yet i find it hard to get any1 :love:
    cherio :wave:
  • Options
    tig_bits wrote:
    :yes: agree....im only 18 and the youngest id go is 16 and the oldest is 20 and yet i find it hard to get any1 :love:
    cherio :wave:
    So not Mr Roll then? :lol: :thumb: :flirt:
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    So not Mr Roll then? :lol: :thumb: :flirt:
    :lol: i was only jkin anyway :lol: mind u i woulnt mind it :naughty::lol: jk
    :wave: cherio
  • Options
    when i was 21 i met a girl who was 16. spent 2 years with her, then she split up with me when she went to uni. i took it far too seriously.

the lesson learnt is people at different ages people can have different priorities in a relationship. to me she meant everything and i envisioned a future, to her i was just a boyfriend. i'd have trouble having a relationship with anyone much younger than me now because of that.
  • Options
    about 8 years older ...most...that i can deal with