Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How old is too old??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This one's for the girls!

How old was the oldest guy you've been with? I was once with a guy who was 41 and at the time I was 19!!:blush:

just how old is too old?

Comments

• Options
    26 and I'm 20. Apparently that makes me desperate according to one of my friends :crying: However, I do feel as though they were a little old to be honest looking back at it.

I'd definately say 41 was too old! Thats how old my parents are :yuck:
  • Options
    When I was 19 I was kind of seeing a 33 year old. It was a drunken thing, like we only got friendly after a few too many... and I regret it big time!

ETA - I'm only 20 now, and I'm seeing a 22 year old. Much better! Although, I think anything up to about 26 is fine by me.
  • Options
    Same here. I was really really drunk and regret it big time.

According to one of my friends though, despite knowing the guy really well, I acted desperate going with him because of the 6 year age gap.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Same here. I was really really drunk and regret it big time.

According to one of my friends though, despite knowing the guy really well, I acted desperate going with him because of the 6 year age gap.

I don't really listen to my mates when they say silly stuff like that... you have to live through your own mistakes! When I was 19, I pulled a 26 year old and we were really interested in each other and he was bloody gorgeous. He lived in Leeds though and I don't drive, so it was a bit too much of a mission! But we keep in touch. Nothing wrong with it in my book. :)
  • Options
    when i was just turned 18 i started going out with a 26 year old and it lasted a year until i realised it was all a bit too serious for me.

when i was about 16/17 i pulled a guy in his 30s.
  • Options
    i am now 21 & looking back, i know he was far too old for me - older than both my parents! we had so much in common & got on really well though!

These days id say 26/27 is the oldest guy id go with.
  • Options
    usually i would say 6-8 years max but the fittest guy i know is 36 and im 22, i think id make alowances ;)
  • Options
    When I was 15 I pulled a 25 year old but I wouldn't have gone out with him.

My boyfriend is 3 hours and 25 minutes younger than me which makes him my "toyboy" :lol:
  • Options
    im 18 and i think he's about 35 ...not sure to be honest
  • Options
    There's no way I'd date an older man... I have a thing for younger men atm anyway lol.
    Max age of about 22/23... and min age of 16 haha. (I'm 19 btw)

Ilora x
  • Options
    Dunno, tell you when I meet them suppose. Never rule out hotties such as Mr. Ewan MacGregor, or Jude Law. They're 30 year olds and would SOSOSO! get it. Hard. Mmhmm.
  • Options
    i worked with a guy who had gone grey and was about mid-30s to 40. but he was very good looking in an older-man way and he used to look at me with smouldering i want sex eyes. i would definitely have considered him if he wasnt married with kids! but only for a fling.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i would definitely have considered him if he wasnt married with kids! but only for a fling.

couldnt you have a fling anyway?
  • Options
    Schnook wrote:
    couldnt you have a fling anyway?
    :no: i don't get involved with guys who are attached.
  • Options
    that makes sense. dunno if i would or not...
  • Options
    22 and 42
    18 and 31
    I don't think I could want a young guy. I'm 23 now and have a minimum age of 29.
  • Options
    I was with someone who was 41 and i was 23 but it's the most comfortable i've ever been with someone. He was a young 41 though and i was a pretty old 23 so we got along well. I felt like i could be myself with him and talk about a lot of personal things that i would never have shared with someone my own age. Although i always thought i'd be comfortable dating someone younger than me i've realised that too big an age gap that way does not sit easy with me.
  • Options
    umm, well my ex bf turned 23 (i'm 20) when we were together. i'd say that's my ideal sort of age and don't think i'd go any older than 5 years older than me (though of course that'll change when i get older).
  • Options
    I would say about 10 years. I've always prefered older men.
  • Options
    oldest was my ex, who was 6 years older than me.
    my boyf now is 4 years younger than me, and the only younger guy ive ever been with
  • Options
    Oldest was 5 years older than me and youngest was a year younger.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    :no: i don't get involved with guys who are attached.
    Good for you. I know far too many girls who get involved with guys who are attached.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    im 21 and im sorta seeing a 31 year old, well i was im not sure whats going on now thanks to a perculiar text this morning. i was a bit bothered at first but then realised it doesn't matter about age if you genuinely like them and get on well. i also thought older would be a bit more stable...until this morning! :(
  • Options
    I was 17 and he was 29 (longterm)
    I was 18 and he was 34 (fling)
    I am now 19 and my limit would be 32
    I could never be with anyone younger than me.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    26 and I'm 20. Apparently that makes me desperate according to one of my friends :crying: However, I do feel as though they were a little old to be honest looking back at it.

I'd definately say 41 was too old! Thats how old my parents are :yuck:

I'm sad too I gues :p

I think it only gets too old when they reach my parents age. Then it just seems very disturbing and creepy to me.
    Like maybe after we fuck him and my dad could go to a movie or something. Be pals.
  • Options
    ginge86 wrote:
    I was 17 and he was 29 (longterm)
    I was 18 and he was 34 (fling)
    I am now 19 and my limit would be 32
    I could never be with anyone younger than me.
    Why? Surely you'd have more in common with an 18 year old than a 32 year old?
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    id never give myself a strict limit, ive been out with lads older and younger than me, and each are different, you should never rule anyone out because of their age, you never know he might be that perfect someone!
  • Options
    I don't know it would depend on the person, but i couldn't really see myself having that much in common with anyone over 28 really.

My boyfriend is only 1 year older than me and that suits me fine.
  • Options
    im 16 my bf is 19 - its a 3 1/2 year age gap
    its nothing compared to a few girls at school, i know a girl whos with a guy in hes 30s and shes still 15
    another is still 15 and has been sleeping with a married man with kids
  • Options
    when i was 18 i went out with a 26 year old, when i was 19 i went out with a 16 year old...
    i'm 23 now so i think my limits are 21 - 30