Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone want a guitar??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, I hope this doesn't break any rules but..

does anyone wanna buy my guitar? I got it just be Xmas, its hardly used, a nice red and black colour. Its a 6 steel string acoustic with a great sound.

I forgot I had no musical ability at all. I could barely play recorder at school. I had these ideas of playing guotar on stage and it ruled my logic. My coordination isn't good enough and I really don't want to develop calluses!

its a great thing to play though.

You'd pick it up as well, so saving on p £ p. I will sell at a reasonable cost. I am seeing if I can sell it to some1 else at the mo so I wills ee what they say and get back to you guys.

Unless anyone wants to convicne me I can play and get me to keep it lol, I just don't think I will ever be able to play :crying: :( :no:

Comments

• Options
    walkindude wrote:
    I hope I am not breaking any rules here
    Using these boards to post spam, any advertising, or to ask for help with projects, surveys or any other activity is not permitted without first obtaining permission by email TheSite.org through our contact us form.

Maybe you should ask first? I don't know...

Hope you get it sold though.
  • Options
    YOU'VE ONLY HAD IT TWO MONTHS!!!!!

Stick with it!
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Unless anyone wants to convicne me I can play and get me to keep it lol, I just don't think I will ever be able to play :crying: :( :no:

Can I just add; I am awful at anything related to music - really. I can't sing, play and my charisma is even worse. However, I struggled a lot with the renowned guitar, and actually learned a song! It is quite hard to learn, but you will get there. It is just your attitude that needs some changes. If you think like that, your predictions will come true - guaranteed.

It took me one week to learn that song on the guitar.

Do your best, because that is all one can do.
  • Options
    Cazzoo wrote:
    YOU'VE ONLY HAD IT TWO MONTHS!!!!!

Stick with it!

Yeah it does take time. Give it another go!! :thumb:
  • Options
    I've got a dark purple standard american strat I've had for six years and never touched, I'll sell that to somebody :p
    And a cloth case, a couple books, cd's and a mini amp :p
  • Options
    my name! You funny girl. Never on msn these days.

yeah I should stick with it, though longer you keep them, the less value they are.

I just can't do chords!!! Getting them right, changing them, strumming at same time, where to hit. Its just wack and hard and its efecting my finger! I'd love to learn it but I doubt my abilities.
  • Options
    You'll get there. Playing an instrument is like any other skill... it takes perseverance. What are you learning with? My mate taught himself using a computer program, and he's GOOD!
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    quarfly wrote:
    Maybe you should ask first? I don't know...

Hope you get it sold though.
    I'm pretty sure you should have read the rest of the paragraph that you quoted, fool.
  • Options
    I know how you feel. I however have nooo musical ability and gave up. I hope you don't do the same :thumb:
  • Options
    It does take a long time to pick it up for some people, but once you've been doing it a while it starts to speed and and you get the hang of it...just do it an hour a day while watching telly or something! Just seems like a waste :(
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    I'm pretty sure you should have read the rest of the paragraph that you quoted, fool.

People really must hate me on here. I think i'll just stay inactive for a while. Whatever I do, it's just wrong.

What? He shouldn't advertise his guitar is what I quoted. I just hope he gets it sold, doesn't mean on the boards.

I just never get this: I've never given such rude comments. If I have, please quote them. Recently, JsT just swore at me. I got flamed in the custom title thread, being called simple, schnap me baby called me a dick and last but not least, everyone seems to want to nail me. Everyone analyses my posts from beginning to end, to find any reason to misunderstand, just to break me down even more.

It's just so depressing. I get broken down every day, by class mates. Then I come on here, have a glass of juice to relax, and then it goes on again.

And I'm not being sensitive. It's just that I never see other people being called fools, dicks, fucks and teenage zit.

Just don't forget that I breath too, just like you people do. And I have feelings. How cheesy this even sounds, it's true - and sad.

What in the name of Gods am I doing wrong? Please, don't get me wrong. I don't want to start another argument, and get everyone shouting at me.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    quarfly wrote:
    I just never get this: I've never given such rude comments. If I have, please quote them. Recently, JsT just swore at me. I got flamed in the custom title thread, being called simple, schnap me baby called me a dick and last but not least, everyone seems to want to nail me. Everyone analyses my posts from beginning to end, to find any reason to misunderstand, just to break me down even more.

You made an rude comment towards me, shame you've since edited it. Difference is of course that I can handle it. I swore at you because you were being a moron, seemed perfectly justified to me.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    You made an rude comment towards me, shame you've since edited it. Difference is of course that I can handle it. I swore at you because you were being a moron, seemed perfectly justified to me.

Oh jesus, some people just don't get it. You swore at me. I didn't insult you, and if i did, it's because you started it with that swear word.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    quarfly wrote:
    Oh jesus, some people just don't get it. You swore at me. I didn't insult you, and if i did, it's because you started it with that swear word.
    Give it a break please. Or I'll swear again omfgoh noes :"$@$!
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    People really must hate me on here. I think i'll just stay inactive for a while. Whatever I do, it's just wrong.

at me.

Just put long hair and any other stuck up dick that is rude and childish to you on ignore.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    my name! You funny girl. Never on msn these days.

yeah I should stick with it, though longer you keep them, the less value they are.

I just can't do chords!!! Getting them right, changing them, strumming at same time, where to hit. Its just wack and hard and its efecting my finger! I'd love to learn it but I doubt my abilities.

Yeah I'm learning electric and it does shread my fingers a little bit, but I suffer for my art. lol!!
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:

What? He shouldn't advertise his guitar is what I quoted. I just hope he gets it sold, doesn't mean on the boards.

It's just so depressing. I get broken down every day, by class mates. Then I come on here, have a glass of juice to relax, and then it goes on again.

And I'm not being sensitive. It's just that I never see other people being called fools, dicks, fucks and teenage zit.

Just don't forget that I breath too, just like you people do. And I have feelings. How cheesy this even sounds, it's true - and sad.

What in the name of Gods am I doing wrong? Please, don't get me wrong. I don't want to start another argument, and get everyone shouting at me.

Bloody hell, woe really is you, isn't it.
  • Options
    how much are you selling it for? what make/model?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Just put long hair and any other stuck up dick that is rude and childish to you on ignore.
    resorting to name calling, I'm oh so offended.

GET OVER YOURSELF.
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    resorting to name calling, I'm oh so offended.

GET OVER YOURSELF.

ps- ure comment was pretty uncalled for on quarfly, if ure pissed off dont take it out on ppl that dont deserve it :P
  • Options
    How much you selling it for, I might be interested
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    ps- ure comment was pretty uncalled for on quarfly, if ure pissed off dont take it out on ppl that dont deserve it :P
    I wasnt having a go at him, I was simply pointing out that the bit he quoted had no rellevance, if he wants to take it a differant way that's up to him.
  • Options
    Still you did'nt have to insult him.

I don't hate you quarfly. :wave:
  • Options
    talia wrote:
    Still you did'nt have to insult him.

I don't hate you quarfly. :wave:
    oh for the love of...

I DIDNT INSULT HIM.
  • Options
    Someone hand out some chill pills.
  • Options
    Someone hand out some chill pills.

*digs into purse*
  • Options
    Someone explain what this argument is about. All I see are people opening their mouths and letting their stomachs rumble.
  • Options
    hey not to be egocentric but can people try to remember this about me and my guitar? if you wanna argue can you mak eanother thread? I mean I have had stick on theboards myself so I get the feeling but its nice to have a thread I aint being having a go on and it would be nice to to have to skip past so many posts that are fairly irrelvant to the topic!

thanks

anyway.....

I have a chord sheet, 2 old books and the recently bought Learning Guitar for Dummies dvd.

I know I should practice and that but I get distracted and then when I do do it, my fingers kill me, I dont think I get the chords and striking right, I doubt I cna change the chords and strum at the same time. I just really doubt myself.

Its a fresman guitar, acoustic, nice sound. I was think around the £80 if I do sell.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    hey not to be egocentric but can people try to remember this about me and my guitar? if you wanna argue can you mak eanother thread? I mean I have had stick on theboards myself so I get the feeling but its nice to have a thread I aint being having a go on and it would be nice to to have to skip past so many posts that are fairly irrelvant to the topic!

thanks

Just advertise the fucking thing somewhere!
    (not here).
  • Options
    or not since no one else has a problem with me doing it.