Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Foodness

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've just made porridge! Properly, from real oats not a microwave pack. I am so proud of myself!
  • Options
    on the subject of broth - i have some scotch broth soup and it says it contains pearl barley (barly?!) ive googled what it is but im not too sure... will i be able to taste it? is it nice?!
  • Options
    I made a massive pot of ratatouille (courgette, carrot, tomato, pepper, salt, onion, bay leaf, oregano, red/green pepper, loootttsss of chilli and garlic) it was sooo nice - I had it with couscous. Yummy!! :yum:

And an innocent smoothie of course. :yes:
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote:
    on the subject of broth - i have some scotch broth soup and it says it contains pearl barley (barly?!) ive googled what it is but im not too sure... will i be able to taste it? is it nice?!
    i love pearl barley! its quite soft and doesn't taste of anything. it just bulks up the soup.
  • Options
    I've just made porridge! Properly, from real oats not a microwave pack. I am so proud of myself!
    i always make porridge from oats. i think its just as easy and more tasty. and you can buy a big bag of them for about a pound!
  • Options
    I bought chips on the way home.
  • Options
    vegetable cupa soup to lazy 2 cook! :)
  • Options
    sorry i mean to not 2. must be to lazy to spell.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i always make porridge from oats. i think its just as easy and more tasty. and you can buy a big bag of them for about a pound!
    My 500g bag of oats from Tesco was 38p, bargain! I've never made it from instant stuff, it doesn't look very nice!