Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Foodness

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my_name wrote:
    Do you just eat this broth plain or what :yuck:

And I'm having frosted flakes at the moment
    You can eat it plain, but it's much better with oatcakes :D

http://store.wspisp.net/stores/lyndsgourmet/catalog/Nairns%20Scottish%20Fine%20Milled%20Oatcakes.jpg

Yummy :D
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I just got back from doing my washing and had some toast and an orange. Still fucking hungry, would almost kill for something greasy like bacon and sausages but determined not to.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    I just got back from doing my washing and had some toast and an orange. Still fucking hungry, would almost kill for something greasy like bacon and sausages but determined not to.
    Are you on a diet?
  • Options
    i was thinking broth was just the liquidy stuff, but i read all of it and it sounds quite tastey.

fyi, dont but chocolate chips in hot chocolate, they only sink to the bottom and become all sludgy :(
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    irn bru on the other hand is the devils urine

That just isn't true. :impissed:

I had cheese toasties for lunch, yum.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    Are you on a diet?
    No, just paying slightly more attention to what I eat that I normally do.
  • Options
    I've just eaten two packets of Toffee Poppets :yum: but I also feel a little :sour: cause I think I overdosed.
  • Options
    pinkvans wrote:
    me and my flatmate are on the crunchy nut diet

I personanlly think this is a pile of shite diet. I'd be pretty pissed off if I didn't drop a jeans size in 2 weeks by only eating a bowl of cereal in the morning and one for lunch. Your bound to loss weight cause your fucking starving yourself.

Clever marketing ploy by Kellogs if you ask me.
  • Options
    I've just eaten two packets of Toffee Poppets.

They're like little pieces of heaven. :yum:
  • Options
    I had cup-a-soup, a sandwich, kiwi fruit and coffee :yes:
  • Options
    nothing so far, no hungry...
  • Options
    ooh broth!! my dad brought round a slow cooker the other week and i havent used it yet.. might have a go at making broth/stew sometime this week! mmm

as for food today.. ive had 1 half of a jam sandwich and an apple :P probably have a chicken salad for dinner or something!

and yeah ninjamaster i agree with you!!
    one of my friends did the special k diet for 2 weeks about.. a month ago now and she didnt see any results!!! she thinks she may have lost about a pound but definately not enough to drop a jean size or anything like that!!!
    its not something that i would ever consider doing. dieting like that is just not good for you. im trying to lose weight and over the last 2 weeks i have lost 3lbs just from exercising and eating moderately.. compared to my friends' 1lb! just not worth it
  • Options
    went to my friend's place for dinner, she made this beef thing in this really nice sauce, with rice, and garlic bread.. was so so yummy! then we had fruit salad and some chocolate cake....
    and now i just ate some olives. and then chocolate.
    i think i'm done
    lol
  • Options
    An hour left untill i get to eat, bring it on i'm so hungry now :p
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i have fish cakes in the oven for my tea as we speak yummy yummy yum :yum:
  • Options
    I've had weetabix for breakfast, a cheese and coleslaw sandwich and a biscuit for lunch. I've been up since 6:30am, so I'm really hungry now, but dinner won't be until 7pm-ish :(
  • Options
    soraliah wrote:
    one of my friends did the special k diet for 2 weeks about.. a month ago now and she didnt see any results!!! she thinks she may have lost about a pound but definately not enough to drop a jean size or anything like that!!!
    its not something that i would ever consider doing. dieting like that is just not good for you. im trying to lose weight and over the last 2 weeks i have lost 3lbs just from exercising and eating moderately.. compared to my friends' 1lb! just not worth it

if you read the small print of the cereal diet, it says something like it's only effective if you're clincally obese. and even then only cause you're on a starvation diet.

i think your idea is better anyway.

today i have had a toasted muffin with butter, a bag of sweets and tomato, basil and noodle soup (sounds crazy but it works).

not sure what to have for tea, but thinking either fresh stuffed pasta with tomato and marscapone sauce, or pasta with quorn sausages, pesto, pine nuts and marinated feta :yum:
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    not sure what to have for tea, but thinking either fresh stuffed pasta with tomato and marscapone sauce, or pasta with quorn sausages, pesto, pine nuts and marinated feta :yum:

Will you come round and make dinner for me? Thats sounds so lovely :yum:
  • Options
    bbq pork ribs for lunch today :yum: cant wait, only 1 1/2 hours away
  • Options
    Will you come round and make dinner for me? Thats sounds so lovely :yum:

try the second one. it is SUPER easy and so tasty.

acquire a little pot of pesto and one of sudried tomato paste. these keep in the fridge for a few weeks after you open them, so you can have it loads. get the pasta cooking, cook your saussies how you like to - i chop them up and fry them, and add the pine nuts for the last couple of minutes to get them a bit of colour, then when it's done, mix a bit of pesto and tomato paste into the pasta, whack everything else in, and stir.

tastes fab for tea, and tastes even better cold for lunch after a night in the fridge.

yeah, i think i'll definitely have that option :yum::heart:
  • Options
    Chicken salad - a real tasty one.
  • Options
    I just had a chicken breast with sweet and sour sauce with a couple of potato waffles.
  • Options
    yeah i know.. it's unhealthy bla bla bla.

However, I admit to generally being not the most healthy eater - i mean on this diet im actually having something for lunch, normally id skip it or have a bag of crisps :P

the way people talk about my diet, you'd think i was half dead from malnutrition, but i weigh a healthy 9 stone 8 pounds (im 5"5), and never get dizzy spells, etc like most half-starved clothes hangers i know..and am rarely ill.

crunchy nut is yummy anyway. id eat three bowls a day if i could.. :)

oh and by the way, i just had chicken korma and pilau rice for my tea. :P it was a healthy eating one :thumb:
  • Options
    Had a bowl of Coco Pops for brekkie... then a bacon sarnie for lunch...
    and now I'm eating a Bailey's Chocolate truffle...

Ilora x
  • Options
    Whats a brekkie and a sarnie?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

brekkie = breakfast
    sarnie = sandwich :)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:

Breakfast - Sandwich.

I just cooked up a load of Rabbit and it smelt fucking rank so I gave it to my dog. :yuck:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    oh the first one was so obvious :blush:
    Thank you.
  • Options
    Salad with tuna.

I'd eat salad so often if I didnt have to chop it all. And if the already chopped one wasnt dead expensive.
  • Options
    iv just had a maccies bacon quater pounder and now i feel quite sick, maccies always does that to me but it tastes sooooo good.

other than that i have had a toasted tea cake and a brie and ham panini from both from the uni canteen