Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Divorce

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    youre so right.

Yep you know what it's like at home honey innit...

You know you're place... :naughty:

Hehe...

:hyper:

:heart: u :love:
  • Options
    ---
  • Options
    Yep you know what it's like at home honey innit...

You know you're place... :naughty:

Hehe...

:hyper:

:heart: u :love:
    MOONRAT was right.... not you.
  • Options
    MOONRAT was right.... not you.

Well who said you agree with me ??

You agree to Moonrat indeed that was saying
    moonrat wrote:
    I's because of feminism, women just don't know their place anymore, for example leaving the house without permission.

All I was saying is that you know your place at home and by you agreeing with
    Moonrat I don't see how I could have been wrong...

You should know better woman...

:D
  • Options
    I think its partly people marrying too quickly, partly lack of social stigma and partly ease. No one thing can be identified as to blame for it.
  • Options
    I wonder if you're more likely to get divorced if your parents did. It'd be interesting to see if there's any research on that!

There's definitely less social stigma about it. Perhaps we just need to learn when to be more careful about who we marry? Make it more difficult to get married? Strange how things often change once people get married, whereas loads of relationships stay as 'live-in, umarried' for years of happiness.
  • Options
    I wonder if you're more likely to get divorced if your parents did. It'd be interesting to see if there's any research on that!

There's definitely less social stigma about it. Perhaps we just need to learn when to be more careful about who we marry? Make it more difficult to get married? Strange how things often change once people get married, whereas loads of relationships stay as 'live-in, umarried' for years of happiness.

Well my parents got divorced and getting divorced myself...

Have no idea if it is link tho...
  • Options
    Well my parents got divorced and getting divorced myself...

Have no idea if it is link tho...

Bad luck man :( At least you'e still young
  • Options
    All I was saying is that you know your place at home and by you agreeing with
    Moonrat I don't see how I could have been wrong...
    Uhh are you being sarcastic?

Because I was.
  • Options
    Bad luck man :( At least you'e still young

Yep and not complaining got a much much nicer woman for myself now :yes:

Really glad my ex left actually :)
  • Options
    Yep and not complaining got a much much nicer woman for myself now :yes:

Really glad my ex left actually :)

Well in that case all's good then! Thank god for our divorce-happy society :thumb:
  • Options
    Well in that case all's good then! Thank god for our divorce-happy society :thumb:

Exactly :)
  • Options
    We only live once, so I don't see why people should be forced to stay in unhappy marriages by making it harder to get divorced.

If people aren't willing to work through their problems, it doesn't increase the chances if they are forced to remain together. People should get to choose. Who cares if people get married or divorced? It's none of our business really.
  • Options
    Could it be that a lifetime commitment that you don't have to commit to for a lifetime is meaningless so theres no need to really consider the issue as deeply these days?
  • Options
    But why should we care if somebody's idea of life commitment is different from the idea people had a 100 years ago?

Who are we to tell people that they should remain together regardless of whether they are happy or not? Who are we protecting?
  • Options
    But why should we care if somebody's idea of life commitment is different from the idea people had a 100 years ago?

We shouldn't. The past is irrelevent, the future uncertain, we only have now.
    Who are we to tell people that they should remain together regardless of whether they are happy or not? Who are we protecting?

Marriage is a ridiculous idea. It's ok if you believe in it I guess. The only thing that really counts with a person is whether they do the things they say they will do when they say they will do them. If you make a lifetime commitment and then don't follow up on it you either didn't think it through or you can't be trusted to hold to your word.

Politician's used to get kicked out of office for this very reason. After all, if they can't follow through on a promise to a spouse, why trust them on anything?
  • Options
    imo there is nothing wrong with more divorces however, what id like to see is that it takes longer to get married, so more people will get married for the right reasons :)
  • Options
    imo there is nothing wrong with more divorces however, what id like to see is that it takes longer to get married, so more people will get married for the right reasons :)

That's what I said. Make it more difficult to get married, so they have more time to think it over.