Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dreams... again

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Zalbor wrote:
    Emotions yes, but not really any lasting effects like being afraid of the police. Though I might wake up feeling sad (for example) and this will stay for hours, or on one case, even days.
    I had such a bad dream once that for days I was upset, and I just felt so blah about the world in general, after all it was all going to end (according to me dream). They're so powerful sometimes. The other day the feeling was so strong in the dream that I woke up and cried because I was so sad and heartbroken.
  • Options
    The world seems to end in a lot of my dreams but im not really that bothered because quite a lot of the time i am cornered with a lot of power and have just lost someone/ lots of someones i really love and am just like 'fuck it' and destroy the world. But then some big other power comes and changes everything back.

Like the dream I started the thread with, I was not sad because everybody including me died, but because in the end the assholes changed everything so i would never know innocent and my boyf etc. Still upset a wee bit. :(

Selfish huh?
  • Options
    Hope you don't mind if I go off topic and describe a couple of my dreams?

When I was younger I always used to dream that I was in a park with my grandma, and there was a wolf stalking me. But nobody knew the wolf was there, 'cos it was always hiding. It never got me though, but still bloody scary!

I recently had one where I was stood at the top of a mountain. There is a guy across a ravine with a gun, who shoots me. When I'm shot everything slows down, and I feel myself leave my body. Suddenly I'm in girlfriend's bedroom, above her. She can't see or hear me, and I know I can't touch her or speak to her ever again. After a while I woke up. It was quite upsetting at the time! I think dying means a big change in your life or something, according to a book at the libray.
  • Options
    Wow I have never heard anyone dream of a post death experience like that before. Dreams are so interesting!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Since we're on the topic... Could someone read my latest dream and tell me what they think? It feels a bit sick when I think about it...
  • Options
    It was very detailed. I get those moments when something completely nonsensical seems to be the most important part of the dream (in the former one it was the 36 bodies in the stairwell).

Were you not in the dream at all? Or were you part of their minds but yourself if you get what I mean.

If noone minds I have another crazy one.

I am playing on my brother's playstation. I choose to be a scary character called 'the logic'. She has white hair, white skin, and black eyes. She is quite beautiful, but round faced in grey rags. There is another character (this is no longer in the game, they are now real) He is a being but not physical, he exists in peoples minds. They act perfectly normal then suddenly he takes over and the person he is in does his bidding - killing. The logic sort of acts in the same way. She becomes me, but I am acting normal. Then there is a flash and a dark period. I am in a building at a party entrance and I see what she has done with me.
    I have made a woman (logic has bent other peoples minds with my mind) business suit with short blonde hair, blue eyes, thin lips and a slightly pointy hooked nose, drive a pole through the back of a slightly overweight man. He has stubble, a red face and brown hair. The pole has gone all the way through the back of his head, and his mouth is open with the pole sticking out.
    The woman has driven her own head onto the pole.

Although dead, they are still both standing up, as the woman was near a wall and the pole behind her head rests against it. The wall is grey concrete, smeared with blood. A brown wooden chair rests between them, holding the bodies up.

In the next room, probably the kitchen, there is a mustard tiled floor. There is a bald man with a rugby top on lying on the floor. I/logic has made him put a carving knife through the back of his own head. His blood and blue/grey brain has leaked onto the floor.

There is another knife lying bloody on the floor. I cannot understand where the blood has come from. I look down , and blood is gushing from my hands.

Personally did not think much of the decor. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Pretty gory... I like how realities change in dreams sometimes (one moment it was a game, the next it was real).

As for your question, I was not in the dream at all. It was exactly like watching a movie on TV, except that I could understand what the characters were thinking instead of just seeing and hearing them.

The weirdest type of dream I have sometimes is pretty hard to explain: There's an "actor" me and a "director" me. The director knows the whole "story" of the dream, and can decide what order to see the scenes in, can change what happens etc. The actor only knows what has happened until that point in the "story" and nothing more. But still, I'm both them... I hope I've explained it well.
    Maybe I could explain this in one phrase by saying "I have two consciousnesses".
  • Options
    I have exactly the same, although sometimes there is me twice over, and some parts of me know things and can manipulate things in the dream that other persons of me cannot. Wierd.
  • Options
    Sounds like a variation of lucid dreaming. You can find guides all over the net on how to improve that ability.
  • Options
    Cain wrote:
    Sounds like a variation of lucid dreaming. You can find guides all over the net on how to improve that ability.

I got a book about that once off the net. Without even reading it proprerly, THAT NIGHT I had a lucid dream, where I knew it was dream and was looking for ways to wake myself up. It freaked me out 'cos I couldn't get out of it, so I haven't tried it since :nervous:
  • Options
    I got a book about that once off the net. Without even reading it proprerly, THAT NIGHT I had a lucid dream, where I knew it was dream and was looking for ways to wake myself up. It freaked me out 'cos I couldn't get out of it, so I haven't tried it since :nervous:

Wierd experience. You should probably read the book, sounds like there wasnt total control there. I'm no expert, but the few times its happened with me I had no problems getting up.
  • Options
    Lucid dreaming - is that where you can kind of dip back into a dream when you have woken up? Because if I dont like the way a dream is going, I wake up, fall asleep and rearrange the ending kind of.
  • Options
    talia wrote:
    Lucid dreaming - is that where you can kind of dip back into a dream when you have woken up? Because if I dont like the way a dream is going, I wake up, fall asleep and rearrange the ending kind of.
    Lucid dreaming is (AFAIK) when you know that you're dreaming and can influence the dream, I've had a few of them. I don't think what I described above is LD though, since in those cases I don't know it's a dream.
  • Options
    Hmm well I dont consciously think this is a dream. But when I wake up I just start the dream off in a different direction and it happens that way (ususally)
  • Options
    talia wrote:
    Just curious but what do other people have in recurring dreams? I looked at a dream thingymagig and it said that if you dream of fire then you are trying to purge yourself of bad events, make yourself innocent again etc.
    Lycanthropy and other shapeshifting is a recurring theme in my dreams. However my opinion as to what it means is different to what the dream dictionary says, I'm a good werewolf.