Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dreams... again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had this really wierd dream recently. Just wondering if someone could tell me what it means.
I meet a girl called Innocent in a supermarket when she bumps into me. We start talking and become friends. One day I am at her house for a dinner party, when I get an image of fire in my mind. I impulsively shoot it into the sink, which steams. Everyone looks at me, and Innocent tells me she is a firestarter, and I have the ability to control the fires she starts. I then move in with her and the rest of her friends for protection. I arrive home from work one day and there are two F.B.I agents in the kitchen with Innocent, and my boyfriend Fox (who can also control the fires she makes)(and yes its moulder from the x-files). Taken by surprise, I burn up the agents and we all run out the building and escape to another city. There we go into hiding and live normal lives. One day I come back to the building we are living in and find thirty six bodies, charred or shot, on the stairs. One is our Chinese friend, Aroma. I scream and run down stairs. I meet the others coming out the building. The military are chasing us across a landscape made of glass. They are shooting at us, but the air is so hot the bullets are melting. We burn the buildings around us, the army helicopters, tanks and soldiers. A dark air craft comes over head so I burn that up too. Fox, my boyfriend accidentally burns his grandmother to death at the same time. We are then surrounded and eventually a sniper hits Innocent. She lies dying in my arms, so we agree to burn the world in revenge. The world explodes and everything goes dark. Then another dark aircraft comes up to where the earth used to be and a deep voice says 'stop, it was not meant to happen this way'. Everything reverses, and I am back at the first meeting with Innocent in the supermarket. She does not bump into me this time. We just smile at each other and walk on to the rest of our lives.

Comments

• Options
    It means that you're about to come in to some money.

No, really.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    wow! sounds cool, my dreams are never that exciting!! however i am thinking that you should stop eating cheese before bedtime!
  • Options
    How is it possible to get money from that? And I dont eat cheese more than once a week so maybe not.

I always have dreams like that. I keep dreaming about fire destroying things and about an evil wizard with a pet dragon. He keeps appearing in different places. Last night he was kidnapping all the strong women and men from my village and using them as human sacrifices in some sort of ritual with a big spiral on the ground. His dragon kept trying to burn us up.

What does all the burning mean???? :confused: Im just a very normal person, no insecurities, great life, friends, everything. Its so strange to have these dreams although it makes sleeping more interesting :p
  • Options
    dreams mean nothing if you ask me...
  • Options
    omg action ... maybe it means you want to burn the planet down?

I'd be sleeping all the time if i were u it sounds much more exciting than being awake lol
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I like keeping accounts of dreams... as you can see from my sig too. Mine usually are crazy like yours, but make even less sense.

I don't think there's something too important about them, they're just a mix of your memories and thoughts/fears. Only the person who's having the dream can understand what it means, if it means something.
  • Options
    All the characters in my dreams are from movies or my imagination. My dreams are never vague. Wish I could experience one of your dreams for a change.

I also only dream if I have sported the day before.
  • Options
    Well i do like dreaming as they are all very vivid. Its like watching a seven hour movie every night. Ok so I dont dream for seven hours straight. But you know what I mean.

Just curious but what do other people have in recurring dreams? I looked at a dream thingymagig and it said that if you dream of fire then you are trying to purge yourself of bad events, make yourself innocent again etc. If you survive it then you feel in yourself to be innocent etc. Seems to have a little truth in it as i am always burnt by the fire but come through unharmed. May just be total bullshit thought.

And my mum once had a dream that a shark with a moustache and beret was beating her over the head with a french baguette. Very freudian!
  • Options
    nobody dreams that vividly imo. turn off the films/tv.
  • Options
    What do you mean? I dont have a tv in my bedroom and probably only watch it two three hours a week anyway. I do read a lot though. And sleep veeerrrryyy deeply.
  • Options
    Well to have a dream such as you have mentioned you must have a very active imagination. and the fact that you say mulder from the x-files is in there i would say you watch too much tv :p
  • Options
    No i think i must have been thinking about him that day :blush: but i do know the chinese woman, aroma came from a nineteenth century chinese novel i had been reading that evening although there was nooo fire.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    nobody dreams that vividly imo. turn off the films/tv.
    I dream that vividly. We had to keep a dream diary on my Psychology A level, and my dreams were pages long everynight. My teacher called it 'Heather-dreaming' because he couldn't find anything else to explain it! I thought it was normal to dream that vividly and remember it until that module of the course!
  • Options
    Ooo what was the module of the course about. I might try and do an alevel in psychology in my spare time.
  • Options
    Biological Rhythms, Sleep and Dreaming. My favourite module :D
  • Options
    Sounds interesting :chin: so what did they say was 'normal' for dreaming?
  • Options
    I've seen Mulder and Scully quite a few times in my dreams. :blush:
    Mine are very vivid as well, in fact everything in them feels like it would feel (or I imagine it would) in reality, even in dreams that I'm not in.
    You asked about recurring, I don't get that much. Once in a while I'll get a dream that's connected to another (like, I remember events from another dream as true) and back in '99 I had quite a few dreams with a teacher I hated. Recently, I saw someone in a dream who's an imaginary person but has appeared once again, a few years ago.
    The only actually recurring dream was one I had every single night for a whole month some years ago (no exaggeration at all). I was running in the street until I tripped and feel, at which point I jumped up in reality.

You can see I like talking about dreams, I guess. :p
  • Options
    I'd say your dream ment you were sleeping.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I'd say your dream ment you were sleeping.
    Hm... Maybe PotW material? Probably not, but I like it anyway.
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    Hm... Maybe PotW material? Probably not, but I like it anyway.

Hey, I didn't take a pschology class once a few years back and show up every once in a while for nothing. I learned stuff there. :yes:
  • Options
    My dreams always end up with me not doing something well enough. I used to have dreams that I could fly but whenever I was taking off I used to have a lot of trouble getting off the ground, then when I actually did I'd either lose momentum and fall down (not like crash) or I'd bounce off buildings because I didn't have control.

I also used to have dreams about me being in school either shirtless, in my boxers or naked. One for each. My dreams are so fucked up.
  • Options
    Dreams have some sort of meaning. I'm pretty certain it's a chemical thing to in your brain.

Ever since I got hppd, I've been having the most vivid fucked up dreams ever. I mean these dreams are just beyond reality and I'm certain it's got something to do with hppd, probably the only enjoyable thing about it.
  • Options
    The first time I wasa on pk, I had the most hardcore dreams ever. I still remember, I had dreams that I and a bunch of people, including paris hilton were acapming and got attacked by panthers and bla bla bla stuff happened. I'd wake up in cold sweats. I'd go back to sleep a few minutines later and dream the same exact thing, only I'd do one thing different, I'd keep waking up in cold sweats and going back to sleep until I changed that one thing to make the difference that we all lived. I continued that same dream for the week I was on them, prescirbeed. Still never came up with the right solution. Continued the pk, contiunded the dream leater in life. Eventually, i'm still on them now, the dram has changed but the concept is the same. I can't stop having a dream, a dream that I only have when doped up on vi or va and keep having them until I solve them in myu drams.
  • Options
    I dreamt Morrocan Roll was a mutant
  • Options
    Every now and again i have a dream that i'm falling from a massive height, like the top of a waterfall or a building or something. Then wake up with a bang.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Hey, I didn't take a pschology class once a few years back and show up every once in a while for nothing. I learned stuff there. :yes:

Hah! Are you my alter-ego?

Cain,
    failed Psychology student so they shoved me into politics.
  • Options
    I have fairly vivid dreams, I've come to the conclusion its based on me having an active imagination. Sometimes dreams are better than real life :-) a lot of the time they're worse, though :(. I think dreams are based roughly on what you've been thinking about in the day.
  • Options
    Hmm well some interesting comments. Does anyone dream not just of images but of emotion? because sometimes, even if the dream was cloudy, I woke up with the residual emotions. Once I spent a week feeling disgusted and scared, and was afraid of the police for quite a while. Sometimes its just nice because I feel so happy afterwards.
  • Options
    Emotions yes, but not really any lasting effects like being afraid of the police. Though I might wake up feeling sad (for example) and this will stay for hours, or on one case, even days.
  • Options
    I woke up and was pissed off at my girlfriend for about an hour once - which wasn't very fair on her because she was asleep in the same bed. I think it was cos in the dream she didnt care about me, or something. Dreams are a wonderful oddity, arent they?