Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dogs - Alsatian

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whats that bread of dog thats like an Alsatian but a lot bigger. I was stroking one last night and it was fucking massive and sposed to have a really good temperament. It's just like an over sized Alsatian tbh.

Comments

• Options
    could it be the shepard vs the dog?
  • Options
    could be a german shepherd :yes:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Welsh Jemz wrote:
    could be a german shepherd :yes:

Same thing.

They're clever dogs but that unfortunately makes them quite strong willed. Not good arounds kids.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    German Shepherd is an Alsatian.
  • Options
    German Shepherd is an Alsatian.

There arn't many dogs that come bigger than Alsatians.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    ah meep

i had a german shepherd when me and my brothers were children and it was fine :confused:
  • Options
    Welsh Jemz wrote:
    i had a german shepherd when me and my brothers were children and it was fine :confused:

and...
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Kiesthaus Shepherds? (i just typed in giant german shepard and it linked me to http://puppyshop.com/kennels/germanshep_kiest.htm )
  • Options
    King Shepherd?

Though they're not that much bigger.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    and...
    i typed that in response to you saying

"They're clever dogs but that unfortunately makes them quite strong willed. Not good arounds kids."

that was all :)
  • Options
    Welsh Jemz wrote:
    i typed that in response to you saying

"They're clever dogs but that unfortunately makes them quite strong willed. Not good arounds kids."

that was all :)

I know.

I'd always be wary of very intelligent dogs around children, especially collies. Just from experience.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I love German Shepherds. My dad's ex's mum had one and it used to catch bricks in mid air :|

The ex's friend also had a white German Shepherd. Oh it was a beauty. Big hairy bastard though. The only reason I wouldn't have a German Shepherd is they cast like bastards.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Whats that bread of dog thats like an Alsatian but a lot bigger. I was stroking one last night and it was fucking massive and sposed to have a really good temperament. It's just like an over sized Alsatian tbh.
    Maybe you mean the molossus? I think that's what it's called in english. Really huge dogs, but wouldn't hurt a fly.
  • Options
    I got attacked by an Alsatian when I was wee :crying:
  • Options
    Fleix said it's like an alsation!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Fleix said it's like an alsation!
    Both St. Bernards and newfoundlands can come in similar colours to alsations.
  • Options
    lil_kazzy wrote:
    Both St. Bernards and newfoundlands can come in similar colours to alsations.
    But look nothing like them ;p.
  • Options
    I'd love a Newfoundland. If I had a very big house with a very big garden. Otherwise I don't think I could cope!
  • Options
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Miffy wrote:
    OMG, Mr M would LOVE one of those.
    so would i! i would just sit and snuggle it all day!
  • Options
    Mist wrote:

Strange name... Malamute... never heard it before. It reminds me of the name, Siberian Husky. Don't ask me why.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    They're clever dogs but that unfortunately makes them quite strong willed. Not good arounds kids.
    True. According to the breeder we got Max from, they're not suitable for families with kids. Quite simply, they are incredibly strong dogs both physically and mentally. When I take him out for walkies, and he meets small kids, he's usually taller than them, and for a three-year old, that can be terrifying. They can be incredibly stubborn sods too - when I offer to take him out for a wee last thing at night, he'll sometimes refuse to budge!
  • Options
    watch the lipstick
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    quarfly wrote:
    Strange name... Malamute... never heard it before. It reminds me of the name, Siberian Husky. Don't ask me why.

I think they are related :yes:

I know of someone who has Malamutes and they are mistaken for huskies a lot. But there are subtle differences between them.
  • Options
    We've got a collie and she's stupidly intelligent :-( its not fair. If you lock her out in the back to go toilet she'll run round, open the back gate and wait by the front door!
  • Options
    Malamutes are lovely dogs, I LOVE them... One day when i am older i want to own either a Malamute or Huskey, I'd love a wolf but they belon in the wild.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Kiesthaus Shepherds? (i just typed in giant german shepard and it linked me to http://puppyshop.com/kennels/germanshep_kiest.htm )
    Awww I want one!
  • Options
    We've got a collie and she's stupidly intelligent :-( its not fair. If you lock her out in the back to go toilet she'll run round, open the back gate and wait by the front door!

if we give ours one of those rawhide chews to clean his teeth he gives us a dirty look as if to say "if you think im giving myself jawache you can think again"and takes it and drops it in his water bowl and goes to sleep until it's gone all soft and pappy. then fishes it out and eats it.

the Dalmatians are amazingly stupid though