Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My Dad has physically abused me and since i was 5 and i am to scared to do anything?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    quarfly wrote:
    FYI: text talk is not appreciated here.

ah give over quarfly i was in to much of in a hurry to give good advice than contract on not using text talk.i sure no other people are offended by it :mad:
  • Options
    lisalashe wrote:
    ah give over quarfly i was in to much of in a hurry to give good advice than contract on not using text talk.i sure no other people are offended by it :mad:

Actually, they are. Text talk is not acceptable on this forum.
  • Options
    are ye ppl well she cant hit him over the head he might kill her in a rage get real she should run away and get help and leave her family behind
  • Options
    stop picking on me kermit i see no sign that says text talk is forbidden so there haha
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    My mate used to get seven shades of shit beaten out of him by his old man. Eventually during one hiding my mate flipped, smashed a cup over his old mans head and gave him a bit of a kicking himself.
    After that his old man didn't touch him again. Fact.

Show that you aint going to take it anymore. There's nothign else you can do. If you can get your brother in on it.

Going to the police would make things messy.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    but it wud help thing thou
  • Options
    lisalashe wrote:
    stop picking on me kermit i see no sign that says text talk is forbidden so there haha

He's not picking on you. He'd say the same to any one using text talk :p

It does bug most people on this forum. It's full of bloody pedants and grammer nazis. Get used to it.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    My mate used to get seven shades of shit beaten out of him by his old man. Eventually during one hiding my mate flipped, smashed a cup over his old mans head and gave him a bit of a kicking himself.
    After that his old man didn't touch him again. Fact.

Show that you aint going to take it anymore. There's nothign else you can do. If you can get your brother in on it.

Going to the police would make things messy.

Exactly. I can't believe people are having a go at turlough for suggesting that he fills his dad in for assaulting him :eek2:

I hardly think a child molester is going to go to the police because his victim fights back.

Next time he tries anything slash the fucker. That's perfectly justified, morally & legally.
  • Options
    lisalashe wrote:

Actually there is
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=87303

Now stop being such a stubborn bitch and turning this thread into, I cn tlk txt if i wnt, and leave it heping the poor guy whos quite sadly going thru a very tough time. (except for the moronic posts of beating the guy :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Exactly. I can't believe people are having a go at turlough for suggesting that he fills his dad in for assaulting him :eek2:

Because it's completely irresponsible.

Fight back, yes. But you use a weapon in a fight, and you will have the book thrown at you.
    I hardly think a child molester is going to go to the police because his victim fights back.

Oh, you'd be surprised.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Because it's completely irresponsible.

Fight back, yes. But you use a weapon in a fight, and you will have the book thrown at you.

Don't be ridiculous. You're saying you'd let yourself be raped because using a weapon is "irresponsible"!?

If his dad is bigger and stronger...which obviously he is...then there's little option when he tries to molest him other than let it happen, is there?
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Don't be ridiculous. You're saying you'd let yourself be raped because using a weapon is "irresponsible"!?

What the fuck are you on about?

Self-defence is alright. But not acting in self-defence, or going OTT, gives you a violence charge, a violence conviction, and a very close shave with prison if you're lucky. Chasing someone with a brick for revenging a beating gives you problems if someone complains. You'd be absolutely amazed how many of these fuckers bleat and whinge to the cops the second the victim gives them a beating.

If you're unlucky, it results in you getting done for murder.
  • Options
    lisalashe wrote:
    actually i think it does, somewhere,
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    What the fuck are you on about?

Self-defence is alright. But not acting in self-defence, or going OTT, gives you a violence charge, a violence conviction, and a very close shave with prison if you're lucky. Chasing someone with a brick for revenging a beating gives you problems if someone complains. You'd be absolutely amazed how many of these fuckers bleat and whinge to the cops the second the victim gives them a beating.

If you're unlucky, it results in you getting done for murder.

What the fuck do you think I'm on about?

The next his dad tries anything, he is perfectly justified in using a tool on him. That isn't going over the top either, it's perfectly sensible.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I know if I'd seen my old dear getting beaten by anybody, I'd have gone fuckign nuts. When it comes to things like that, fear of getting done for GBH takes a back seat.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    pick something up and hit him with it .. definitely

surely its self defense ? (provided you pick something 'random' up thats nearby)

let someone official know, even if they arent going to do anything about it, at least that way you'd have some evidence if you were to do something back

and even at that, i really doubt his dad would try and press charges if he was to

don't grab a brick and batter him with it (although if i was in the position i probably would have done something extreme like that long ago) because if it came down to it you could get done for that, go for the picking something nearby up

... and quarfly etc, stfu and stop yapping about the text speak stuff, if you care THAT much pm the person doing it with that link you like to post so much/pm a mod and complain, its irritating as fuck and espically annoying when its a serious thread and people are just trying to help
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I know if I'd seen my old dear getting beaten by anybody, I'd have gone fuckign nuts. When it comes to things like that, fear of getting done for GBH takes a back seat.

:yes:

Abuse is a totally different game to fighting with people on the street where there's fuck all to gain from taking it up a level. Morality is utterly on your side and if dishing out it properly is necessary, so be it.
  • Options
    I have been sexually assualted several times in the past and I think I have a good idea of what you are going through. You must break out of that rut inside your mind - what is happening to you is completely unacceptable. This can't go on any longer. My mental health had crumbled because I was too ashamed to accept and deal with what had happened, I do not want the same to happen to you.

Going to the police is very dirrect. If you have evidence then your father will be convicted. The problem is having it dragged up and reliving it when it comes to the courts.
    I'd make an appointment with your doctor. Staff in the NHS have been trained to spot tell-tale signs of abuse and will be able to help you biuld up a case (especially if there is evidence of a medical nature, eg: cuts, bruises, saliva, semen and so on) should you need it in future. Plus your doc is a portal to the councilling that you will need if you are to ever forgive yourself.
    Speaking to a charity or support group for the abused is also a good stop. The numbers that are free don't show up on phonebills and you could make them from a pay phone if you can't reach the one in the house. You can call with as much or as little anomity as you like, and they won't whilstleblow straight away. Your welfare will be their primary concern.

You have to tell your mother at some point. If you include her before calling the police, she should be grateful you trust her, if you don't she might feel betrayed for being left out of the loop. When you do tell, expect the worst. Some things are so shocking that they are hard to believe, or that you don't want to belive them - your mum might get angry at you or defend her man, but only because she'd rather think it a lie than think it true. If she is being beaten by him hopefully she'll understand - but breaking away from an abusive partner is not easy so don't expect her to be too ready for anything. Just try and tell her.

Unless you can make him stop he will continue to abuse you, if you run away (not advised from some one whos been homeless) he might abuse someone else or do worst things to your mother. Its a bad deal, but you've got to bring him to justice - would you wish abuse to anyone else?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    StuartC wrote:
    Like who

Have you had a look at our askTheSite service? You can submit questions confidentially to our relationships professionals who will reply to you within three days.
  • Options
    ok then kermit and my name(r u a eminem fan?) il try and stop using txt talk is usind an for and wrong? aint i big admitting i was wrong and i cant help spelling mistakes right :)
  • Options
    I'm sorry, what did you just say?
  • Options
    Stuart how old are you too?

Can I recommend a good author that may help, Dave Pelzer http://www.davepelzer.com/

He wrote a book called a child called it and then further book about how he basically lived through family abuse and how he dealt wth it as he got older. I know perhaps this may not be a direct help but honestly his books would be a good read for anyone in your position (or anyone who has someone close in the same position). Granted there is speculation over some of the truth to his books but at the end of the day, anything to help give yourself confidence to stand up for yourself and got to the people you need to go to will be good.

Good luck and I hope ypu are able to get out of this situation. It is a no win no win thing-you may lose your mom for awhile until she herself is able to be strong enough to realise what her husband is doing.
  • Options
    Oh no he/she/it is back!
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    Oh no he/she/it is back!
    I vote for "it is back"
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    who is this pink_wishes?

An ex, sister, possibly both the same person...