Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is my boyfriend as odd as I think he is?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    eww you're gona grow them?
  • Options
    I've never meet anyone who has liked underarm hair on women, but its not unusal over in France.
  • Options
    Its a bit odd, but if thats the extent of his fetish then I wouldnt worry.
  • Options
    I don't think it's weird, at all.

Shaven armpits, legs and all the rest are just anothe example of our [as women] unquestioning compliance with patriarchy's vision of what a woman should apparently look like. It's our natural state, after all.

Do what makes you feel comfortable, if you don't like the idea of it then don't grow it purely for your boyfriend's pleasure. But if you don't mind, then personally I don't think it's odd at all. :)
  • Options
    I hate armpit hair, but I would say that your boyfriend is being serious, I guess some people do like it, although most don't.

I'd say grow it, it'll be a nice treat for him! :)
  • Options
    I know several women who dont shave, and therefore several men who dont have a problem with it - whether they - prefer it or not ive never asked, but I dont think its that kinky.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Not something I'd find attractive, but still it might keep you warm when its cold!...an i suppose there are worst things he could ask for :yes:
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    see i dont think Julia Roberts looks unfeminine or anything. She still looks beautiful.
  • Options
    i think it looks horrible :(
  • Options
    We're doing waxing at college the week after next, so, as we need to practise on each other, we've been forbidden to do any shaving of our legs, underarms or bikini lines. Some girls are finding it a nightmare, others have gone as far to say they'd prefer their top layer of skin damaged and shaved it off! Personally, I can handle my legs as they're not ridiculous yet and I 9 of 10 times will wear trousers anyway. The underarms are the only things I'm feeling odd about but take it from me... you soon don't realise that it's happening. I'm looking forward to it being removed though :yes:
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    We're doing waxing at college the week after next, so, as we need to practise on each other, we've been forbidden to do any shaving of our legs, underarms or bikini lines. Some girls are finding it a nightmare, others have gone as far to say they'd prefer their top layer of skin damaged and shaved it off! Personally, I can handle my legs as they're not ridiculous yet and I 9 of 10 times will wear trousers anyway. The underarms are the only things I'm feeling odd about but take it from me... you soon don't realise that it's happening. I'm looking forward to it being removed though :yes:

To me that just screams PAIN!!! :eek:
  • Options
    Growing armpit hair is hardly a fetish, trends have just lead us to believe that any hair on the body makes a person a freak of nature. I get mine waxed as I prefer the silky smooth feeling, but in between waxes, the regrowth isn't a problem, and guys I've been out with haven't had a problem with it either. If you look at some vintage photos, there are some very beautiful pictures of women who have hair where you wouldn't find it in Nuts/Zoo etc.
  • Options
    Heaven forbid that a sign of adult maturity should be allowed to be seen, eh?

It's strange that he has any preference at all, IMHO. I never got the obsession with hair, and I certainly don't get the idea that a bit of hair is "gross".
  • Options
    I'm not surprised he got sheepish the way you reacted.

At least he doesn't want you not to wear make up, or ditch the push-up bra
  • Options
    Personally I really dislike the feeling of having hair under my arms; I sweat a lot more and I find that when sweat has something to cling to it smells worse. Plus when you don't shave it for a while I find the stubble REALLY itches and I'm wandering about making monkey movements scratching.

I wouldn't indulge my boyfriend by growing it because I'd find it physically really uncomfortable. I don't know if the 'it's natural so it's how we should be' argument really sways me - if we're going down that route let's ditch deodorant, tooth-brushing, hair-brushing and styling.....and that's both men AND women.

If YOU'RE comfortable with it, then by all means go for it though - let us know if it works wonders for you!! How long are you planning to leave it before you shave it off again, if at all?
  • Options
    If he isn't joking, and your comfortable to be au naturel then go for it. Sleeveless tops in public my present a problem though :blush: It's great he's being totally honest with you
  • Options
    are you 100% sure he's being serious? what about when you wear sleeveless tops etc?
  • Options
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote:
    I don't think the way I reacted was all that bad to be honest.
    no, it wasn't, but I expect he picked up on the fact you consider it to be so "wrong" - coupled with how the UK and america treat body hair will have pushed him on the defensive.

But I find men attractive, somy opinion on shaved armpits is probably not very useful.
  • Options
    Its natural not wierd
    StupidGirl wrote:
    OK. The other day, my boyfriend and I were in bed, and I was whinging about my armpits (bear with me) because they were a bit stubbly and I felt a bit minging. Anyway, he then tells me "you should just let it grow." I looked at him, thinking he was joking and said, "why, would you like that?" To which he said "yeah!" I, still thinking he was joking, said "what, like it as in find it a turn on?" And he said "yes" again, this time looking slightly sheepish. Now, I'm still not 100% convinced it's not a joke, but I've agreed to give it a go (I've asked him a couple of times since and he's still maintaining he would find it sexy). My question is, does anyone else find this odd? Do you think he's winding me up? Do any other guys find women's underarm fluff sexy?!

I dont find armpit hair a turn on BUT I do like the smell. Same goes for the scent of a sweaty ass. So really my point is: fetishes come in one and a hundred forms and what does it for him will absolutely not do it for many others and so it is with my quirky preference for smell. And yes, the 'natural' argument can stand with this to an extent as we were all designed with our natural odours so why are we pushed to be different from members of the animal kingdom??? Likewise, do animals shave just to please their mating partners???
  • Options
    Little_one wrote:
    I've never meet anyone who has liked underarm hair on women, but its not unusal over in France.

In France they have too by law to keep the smeel going... :hyper:

Also never met or went out with any that had some tho...

I heard that about German women too...

I guess you find some in any country really...

Better without tho...
  • Options
    A bloke i know loves his women natural. He's a very down to earth, laid back "earth man" if that makes sense. He can't understand why women need to wear makeup, heavy perfumes or shave off their hair. His girlfriend loves it as all she needs to do is have a shower and not bother with makeup etc. because he thinks she's beautiful without it. She doesn't mind in winter leaving the leg hair on but the armpit hair she gets rid of so she can wear vest tops and the like.
    I do a lot of sport so i wouldn't be able to cope with keeping the armpit hair.
  • Options
    Carolina wrote:
    A bloke i know loves his women natural. He's a very down to earth, laid back "earth man" if that makes sense. He can't understand why women need to wear makeup, heavy perfumes or shave off their hair. His girlfriend loves it as all she needs to do is have a shower and not bother with makeup etc. because he thinks she's beautiful without it. She doesn't mind in winter leaving the leg hair on but the armpit hair she gets rid of so she can wear vest tops and the like.
    I do a lot of sport so i wouldn't be able to cope with keeping the armpit hair.

My girl is similarly lucky and relieved that I absolutely NEVER require her to take a shower before any moments of intimacy and certainly not before sex. The greater the depth of her body odour - esp around the anus - the better for me. She remains midly perplexed by my preference but of course is relieved not to be under pressure to scrub all day long. That said, I do love the thought of a relaxing bath or body scrub after sex and being clean does have its place. So, back to my earlier question - I wonder how an attraction to the natural can be considered an unnatural urge??? Me thinks this question shall follow me to the pension counter if not the grave! :confused:
  • Options
    Just put me off my baked potato :yuck:

No thankyou, clean and smooth = sexy

What an immature opinion. I really don't get the obsession with getting rid of every last follicle.

Though horses for courses I suppose.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Smooth is definately nicer. I don't think I could have a relationship with a bird who insisted on letting it grow wild.

I'm usre if I grew a fuck off big beard I'd be less lucky with the ladies.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote:
    OK. The other day, my boyfriend and I were in bed, and I was whinging about my armpits (bear with me) because they were a bit stubbly and I felt a bit minging. Anyway, he then tells me "you should just let it grow." I looked at him, thinking he was joking and said, "why, would you like that?" To which he said "yeah!" I, still thinking he was joking, said "what, like it as in find it a turn on?" And he said "yes" again, this time looking slightly sheepish. Now, I'm still not 100% convinced it's not a joke, but I've agreed to give it a go (I've asked him a couple of times since and he's still maintaining he would find it sexy). My question is, does anyone else find this odd? Do you think he's winding me up? Do any other guys find women's underarm fluff sexy?!

It amazes me how often I come across people who will shave their pubic hair to please their boyfriends, but when their boyfriend suggests they grow their armpit hair to please them - Oh no, no way would they do that. Says a lot to me.