Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What looks bad on the opposite sex

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    On boyos I dislike: Burberry and anything rockport. Tacky gold jewellery. Leather Jackets, sandals with and without socks. Jeans that are obviously too short for leg, even worse when they go to sit down and see white socks. Tanned leather shoes. Comedy ties. Any army combats, jackets. Jeans that fall down were u see their boxers deliberately. Trucker Caps. Pink shirts.

I don't mind guys wearing trackies but so long as that aint all he wears.

On chicks I dislike: Orange bake, Gold jewellery; especially hooped earings. Girls who wear tops to reveal their stomach and all you see is their huge gut falling out. Head scarfs. Those 3/4 quarter length leggings. And those 4 inch wide belts or the disc belts that go over tops, dresses, etc. Backless dress/top while still wearing a bra. Blotchy mascara. Yuck!
  • Options
    on girls:
    anything too tight that makes their fat roll over
    anything which you can tell is from a really cheap shop.. like lycra
    i dont like those dresses that gape all the way down to the tummy button
    i dont like girls to look like boys with skater shoes
    platform shoes
  • Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Yeah i can agree with that :yes:

As well as what i mentioned before i would say these are really bad:

For lads:

Anything chav/hoodie/Greb/goth/elmo(yes i know its emo but me and my friends all call them elmos) related.

Anything where the lad has tried too hard to be fashionable and just looks overly gay.

Euro stylee - bald head, piercings, frilly shirt or tight t-shirt and ripped jeans/linen trousers - you just look like a cunt. it does not look good.

For Girls:

Same as above, anything chav/hoodie/Greb/goth/elmo related is a no no.
    Same as Lipsy said with the overflowing gut :yuck:
    Oh and i hate that crappy gold stuff - Belts, shoes etc.. just looks exactly what it is, cheap and tacky.
  • Options
    No, a quiff is a quiff and a bouffant is just that, a bouffant...
    Okay, I don't like that. The quiff's alright though. Also short hair on girls.

Has anyone noticed that the girls on here seem to care more about what other girls wear than what the guys are wearing? :D
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Oh and i hate that crappy gold stuff - Belts, shoes etc.. just looks exactly what it is, cheap and tacky.
    I hate all the tacky shiny colours of that, like the green and the pearly colours. Especially the ones that are kind of aged or weathered weathered looking but just look old and knackered!
  • Options
    on girls:

too much make-up (especially when it's trying to cover spots and they just make it worse).
    when they buy clothes that are too small for them.
    when they wear short skirts and have horrible legs. put 'em away love.
  • Options
    Goth stuff, anything bland and oozing Premark-ness, jumpers, tank-tops, jeans and those horrible fluffy boot things.

Converse shoes are a big no-no also.
  • Options
    When men wear shirts with big gay sayings. Its bad enough when you see a chick wearing "princess" but to see a man wearing "I know you want me" or the most retarded I"ve seen "keep laughing, this is your girlfriends shirt" cuz it was tight and pink, which made me want to vomit anywyas.
  • Options
    the 1# worst thing on both sexes: The chav look. I fail to see anything attractive about it.
  • Options
    The chav look is just a huge No on anyone. Also the gangster/rapper look.
  • Options
    What is this "chav" look:blush:
  • Options
  • Options
    Nice plaid toilet :p
  • Options
    On women - Tattoos, the Sloane Ranger look, over-abundence of denim, hoop earrings, over-exposure of flesh

On men - tight jeans, baggy t-shirts, ill-fitting suits, shoes with buckles, shirts with button-down collars (for they are cheap and devoid of class), chav look, wigga/gangsta look.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    When men wear shirts with big gay sayings. Its bad enough when you see a chick wearing "princess" but to see a man wearing "I know you want me" or the most retarded I"ve seen "keep laughing, this is your girlfriends shirt" cuz it was tight and pink, which made me want to vomit anywyas.
    Oh God, I can't believe I forgot T-shirts with chat-up lines on them on guys, or things like 'Wingman' on them. And the girls equivilant that say things like "If you can read this, you're looking to close."
  • Options
    On women - orange faces, trowelled on make-up, gypo skirts, ponchos, excessively Indie-cool-stand-around-pouting-look, cigarettes, anything remotely Chav/Scally, football shirts, slogan t-shirts, anything remotely Girls Aloud, expensive hideous designer trash.

On men - practically anything from Top Man/Burtons, short sleeve shirts, River Island t-shirts, non-descript Diesel/Etnies etc. etc jeans. Anything from Envy. Poorly fitted suits, double breasted suit jackets, ties too short/long, wank shoes by Kickers/Rockport/Base etc. Anything designer trash. Emo/Goth. Chavs. Boys that try too hard/not hard enough to do Indie-boy jacket/jeans.
  • Options
    Not too bothered about a couple of sporty items - trackies can look nice and casual, and they're helluva comfy, so I don't blame the guys I know for wearing them. As long as they're not elasticated at the bottom! And Fred Perry polo-shirts are super cute.
    I love the metro-sexual look - I just think they look so clean and fresh. But I wouldn't want a guy with an orange tan.
    Other than that...
    Anything tribal/flamey/dragony.
    Baseball caps (peaked beanies are cute, as long as some hair shows underneath)
    Long hair (shoulder-length, well-cut, clean locks I can deal with)
    Tooo spikey hair
    Sandals
    Weird alien-pod trainers that lace at the sides.
    Anything moshery-gothic.
    Wind-breakers.
    Dreadlocks.
    Corn rows when they get all long at the ends and curl up.
    Long shorts.. most shorts in general.
    Football shirts.
    Trousers so low I can see your crack.
  • Options
    On guys, I hate chav-wear, hair with spikey dyed tips, fleeces, rope chain necklaces, and jeans that sit too low so you can see their boxers underneath.

On girls, I hate VPL, seeing a roll of fat over trouser waistband, bras with straps that are too tight at the back or cups that make you look like you have four breasts not two, jumper dresses plus belt, smart black trousers that are too baggy and not fitted properly, and peasant floor-length skirts.

And on both sexes, wearing dark brown with black just clashes badly. :no:
  • Options
    Girls:

Beer bellies with pierced belly buttons - noone wants their attention drawn to your obesity.

Tops that say things like 'If you can read this, you're too close' - you bought that to draw attention away from your face didn't you?

Fat feet and flimsy sandals - as if feet aren't disgusting enough...

Too much fake tan - I just wanted a shag, not bedsheets that look I've staged a dirty protest.

Cheap novelty tattoos - no they don't express your charm and individuality, you just look like a cheap ho.
  • Options
    About this 'chav' thing, I've always assumed that people who fit this category aren't going out of their way to look chav- they just can't help it? Anyway, this was fun:
    http://www.chavscum.co.uk/chavornot/index.php
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    About this 'chav' thing, I've always assumed that people who fit this category aren't going out of their way to look chav- they just can't help it? Anyway, this was fun:
    http://www.chavscum.co.uk/chavornot/index.php

:lol: funny I found this one (attachment) whats up with those glasses? Is that a joke?
  • Options
  • Options
    1983 wrote:

I have a question..... who do the blue legs belong to in the middle?

Cos that's another fashion don't for me - carrying spare legs always looks ridiculous
  • Options
    I have a question..... who do the blue legs belong to in the middle?

Cos that's another fashion don't for me - carrying spare legs always looks ridiculous

Haha, looks like someone's falling down backward. :D
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    About this 'chav' thing, I've always assumed that people who fit this category aren't going out of their way to look chav- they just can't help it?

Why would you think any different? Chavs wear chav clothes because they like them just like goths wear gothy clothes cos they like them.
  • Options
    Disagree Turlough, Chavs/Neds/Hoods simply wear the "uniform" because everyone else does. They wear it to fit in.

You could probably say the same about Goths. All their friends do, so why be different?
  • Options
    1983 wrote:

Nice to see that the Rangers/Celtic divide doesn't extend to groups of scallies though :thumb: . (See 2 guys with arms raised at back)
  • Options
  • Options
    Panthro wrote:
    Disagree Turlough, Chavs/Neds/Hoods simply wear the "uniform" because everyone else does. They wear it to fit in.

You could probably say the same about Goths. All their friends do, so why be different?

agree with turlough. why would you wear clothes you didn't like? they wear them because they THINK they look good.
  • Options
    Panthro wrote:

Not really, I have grunger mates who are part of the group but wouldn't be seen dead in a trackie, just like I wouldn't be seen dead in pair of ripped jeans and a nirvana hoodie. People wear clothes because they like the look of them.