Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Installation Of Tyranny Gathers Pace.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
----

Comments

• Options
    "till people claim this government is shifting to the right. Illegal wars, free speech abolished, this is the most left wing government we have ever had"

Because left wing governments have always stood for those things.

New Labour, left wing?

Yeah and the popes not a catholic :rolleyes:
  • Options
    You're not that clued up on political definitions are you Born Slippy?

This might help you.
  • Options
    If you go far enough to either the Left of the Right of politics you eventually reach Totalitarianism!
  • Options
    Depends what you mean by "left" I guess.
  • Options
    I'm actually wondering what Born Slippy thinks Marxism actually is. :confused:
  • Options
    Marxism is a theory for a time long past...?
  • Options
    its not about left or right wing since that normally reflects economic policy - this is an extremely authoritarian move and would only lead to the removal of dissidents in parliament who dont support new labours movement to allowing tyranny
  • Options
    i'm at a loss for words.
    tapping mp's phones!
    how can this be explained away as the war on terror?
    is john prescot planning to blow up the tube?
    of course not ...meaning dissidents in the party and those mp's in opposition will be the ones being tapped and taped and followed.
    this is the politics of fear and paranoia and totalitarianism.

how can these things be happening without a huge outcry?

i suggest the entire population goes on strike.
    students protest in the streets.

this can't realy be happening ...but it is!

some action needs tobe taken urgently.

i'll probably be on a different kind of watch list than i ever was in the past for this post.

is there any of you whho aren't just a little bit frightened by all this?
    tell me why your not please ...
  • Options
    BS ...did you mention marx ...i didn't see you mention marx.

you all know damn well what he's on about and i agree ...extremism of the right or left ends up in the same place.
  • Options
    yeah pretty scary, i thought the thread was just about tapping in general.......but it's no more scary than id cards etc, i don't recall ever being asked for my say on the matter.......democracy you say? uh, right.
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    yeah pretty scary, i thought the thread was just about tapping in general.......but it's no more scary than id cards etc, i don't recall ever being asked for my say on the matter.......democracy you say? uh, right.
    it's much worse than ID cards!
    where do we start sending a million emails to ...threatening some kind of action?
    but then ...none of you are realy that bothered are you?
  • Options
    you all know damn well what he's on about and i agree ...extremism of the right or left ends up in the same place.

:yes:

Oh well, at least they are starting to stop pretending that they "represent" us and are getting down to more direct and obvious control.

Fucking nightmarish, mind you.
    is there any of you whho aren't just a little bit frightened by all this?

Because it's nearly over. The more frantically they grab the weaker the grip really is. Like elastic, something has to snap sooner or later.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    :yes:

Oh well, at least they are starting to stop pretending that they "represent" us and are getting down to more direct and obvious control.

Fucking nightmarish, mind you.

Because it's nearly over. The more frantically they grab the weaker the grip really is. Like elastic, something has to snap sooner or later.
    i fear it will be much later with all the shiny things ...the fear of not being able to maintain the shiny things life ...and the technology available.
    if you get people whilst they are extremely comfortable ...with the false promise and illusion of maintaining that comfort ...you have them by the balls ...without most of them even noticing.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Marxism is a theory for a time long past...?

What makes you say that?
  • Options
    BS ...did you mention marx ...i didn't see you mention marx.

Sorry, what has authoratarian measures got to do with theories of value, commodity form, surplus value etc? :confused:
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Sorry, what has authoratarian measures got to do with theories of value, commodity form, surplus value etc? :confused:
    i think you have lost the plot again blag.
    what the fuck are you on about?
    it was you who dragged marx in here wasn't it?
    why?
  • Options
    Try reading the original post a bit more carefully mr
    Still people claim this government is shifting to the right. Illegal wars, free speech abolished, this is the most left wing government we have ever had.

Tony Blair allowing the tapping of telephones and other forms of communication, Defence Secretary John Reid has said.

What makes it all the more troubling is the amount of liberal types who are supporting these Marxist architects as they go around smashing our liberties with their ID cards and growing police state on the grounds of protection from terror. Ludicrous nonsense.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Try reading the original post a bit more carefully mr
    didn't spot that bit!
    but ...i still don't see how one little mistake by bs WARRANTS THE THREAD TURNING INTO AN ECONOMIC ONE.
    YOU'LL JUST DERAIL AN IMPORTANT THREAD ...FOR A CHANGE ...OOps caps.
  • Options
    I'm not derailing the thread. I'm asking the OP why they are calling New Labour Marxist and asking what they actually think Marxism means.
  • Options
    But you have to maintain that comfort to be able to do it.

With this kind of stuff, you can't. There's never really been this kind of thing over here, and as you know yourself most people are incredibly fucked off with the people "in power" but don't do anything because they are a minor inconvenience, not a serious problem.

You have to pay a parking ticket here. They spy on you there. Your council tax has gone up but the service has dropped in quality, you have to wait for a doctor a bit longer than used to. You have family members overseas getting shot at by people who might have been friends in other circumstances and you know they were sent on false pretences, hutton reports notwithstanding.

Statistics are published in the paper telling you that what you know from your own experience isn't actually true, and it must be right because it's in the paper, innit?

Notice though, that they never take from you openly, because then you'd argue and struggle and fight, they always make it something you've done that requires payment. It's not their demands for your productive time and cash because they have armed men that you are obeying, it's always some excuse like going through a red light or living in a certain location making it your fault.

Once they go into the open they fail. Guess where they are going?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I'm not derailing the thread. I'm asking the OP why they are calling New Labour Marxist and asking what they actually think Marxism means.
    does it matter in this thrread!
    so BS mistakingly or otherwise mentioned marx ...when you know damn well the point he was trying to make was extreme left or right ...ends up in the same friggin place ...so he sees new labour as left ...big deal.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    But you have to maintain that comfort to be able to do it.

With this kind of stuff, you can't. There's never really been this kind of thing over here, and as you know yourself most people are incredibly fucked off with the people "in power" but don't do anything because they are a minor inconvenience, not a serious problem.

You have to pay a parking ticket here. They spy on you there. Your council tax has gone up but the service has dropped in quality, you have to wait for a doctor a bit longer than used to. You have family members overseas getting shot at by people who might have been friends in other circumstances and you know they were sent on false pretences, hutton reports notwithstanding.

Statistics are published in the paper telling you that what you know from your own experience isn't actually true, and it must be right because it's in the paper, innit?

Notice though, that they never take from you openly, because then you'd argue and struggle and fight, they always make it something you've done that requires payment. It's not their demands for your productive time and cash because they have armed men that you are obeying, it's always some excuse like going through a red light or living in a certain location making it your fault.

Once they go into the open they fail. Guess where they are going?
    your as bad as friggin blag!
    you people are so full of information ...your wisdom has drowned.

whats happening here is big ...but you lot with your heads full of information ...will be the very people who let this shit happen.
    why?
    cos your all that far up your own information arse holes ...your happy to prove a point ...to score a point.
    you people ...are chasing the fucking wind!
    the powers that be ...love you dearly.
  • Options
    The point is that New Labour aren't left wing and aren't Marxist. Authoratarianism can be left or right, yes. But left isn't necessarily authoratarian, as any knowledge of political theory or history will tell you.
  • Options
    your as bad as friggin blag!
    you people are so full of information ...your wisdom has drowned.

whats happening here is big ...but you lot with your heads full of information ...will be the very people who let this shit happen.
    why?
    cos your all that far up your own information arse holes ...your happy to prove a point ...to score a point.
    you people ...are chasing the fucking wind!
    the powers that be ...love you dearly.

What on earth are you on about now? :confused: You seem to pride yourself on your ignorance sometimes. I don't get it. :confused:
  • Options
    Actually MR, I have to say that klintock has a point (in the quoted post at any rate).

I think youll find, upon a second reading, that what you have said in response is fully in accord (albeit sarcastically) with the principle klintock is addressing.
  • Options
    mr - you also seem to think that I'm defending what New Labour are doing. I'm not. I think its dispicable and downright dangerous.
  • Options
    and yes, klintock's post there is one that I actually agree with
  • Options
    the point of the thread is ...
    the installment of fucking tyranny ...mp's phones being tapped.
    of course ...far more important to some of you ...is scoring fucking points regarding someones igmorance.

do you actualy fucking care more about that ...or more about what is happening!

i despair.
  • Options
    the point of the thread is ...
    the installment of fucking tyranny ...mp's phones being tapped.
    of course ...far more important to some of you ...is scoring fucking points regarding someones igmorance.

do you actualy fucking care more about that ...or more about what is happening!

i despair.

You seem to be working yourself up in to a state and not reading the thread. Calm down, you'll do yerself a mischief.
  • Options
    Actually MR, I have to say that klintock has a point (in the quoted post at any rate).
    and yes, klintock's post there is one that I actually agree with

Fuck me, it's the seventh sign. :D