Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Parent Affair

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    She asked me what I gain from it.

I was arguing - like some other people - that in my opinion, in most cases it is the walk-aways fault in the way of an affair. If we're talking about amicable splits and other situations, then different opinions apply.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, so yeah, I agree.

I gave my experience to back up my opinion.

The argument I saw was that its always the walk aways fault. Not that in most cases. Katralla was saying that it wasn't ALWAYS. That's all.
  • Options
    She asked me what I gain from it.

I asked because I used to 'hate' my mother, for completely different reasons, and that when I let this go I felt much better. My hatred was holding me back and I consciously or not used it as an excuse not to succeed. I'm still not a fan of hers but she can go her way, I'll go mine and get on with my life.
  • Options
    My parents split when I was around ten years old... All I remember was a lot of arguing and screaming and Mum threw the phone at him.

I found out when I was 20 that he'd had 4 affairs too... He'd also treated her like crap, mainly verbally abusing her and letting me and Mum freeze in the winter.
  • Options
    I would really like it if people didn't keep arguing about things such as who is to blame on this thread please. It's not about that.

I still speak to my Dad, although I am very angry with him and he knows that.

My Mum now has a councellor coming round everyday to make sure she's ok and just to talk. She hasn't taken anymore tablets, although obviously she is still distraught and cries constantly.

My Nan is going to be ok. She's just being kept in hospital under observation now.

I'm just worried now because I have to go back to where I live, an hour and a half away, tomorrow. I can't come and see my Mum for at least another couple of weeks as I have exams and I can't really take anymore time off work and Uni.

I know I can't be with her 24/7, but I also know she reallys needs someone around at the moment and I feel awful for not being able to be there. :(
  • Options
    You're from Reading aren't you? If I remember correctly. Portsmouth to Reading is quite time consuming isn't it? Even though it's not the same as being there you can still phone your Mum (and your Dad too) to see if she is okay and stuff.

Also have you told your university that you have been having personal problems? They may be able to help in some way.

Do you have any siblings or other relatives who could help see that your Mum is okay?
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    You're from Reading aren't you? If I remember correctly. Portsmouth to Reading is quite time consuming isn't it? Even though it's not the same as being there you can still phone your Mum (and your Dad too) to see if she is okay and stuff.

Also have you told your university that you have been having personal problems? They may be able to help in some way.

Do you have any siblings or other relatives who could help see that your Mum is okay?

Yeah, I'm from Reading. It's not too bad a journey, but I don't have a car at the moment so have to travel back by train.

I will be calling my Mum everyday, she has this week off work and my brother has also booked the week off work so he can be with her.

I emailed my dissertation supervisor as I had to cancel a meeting with her whilst I was back in Reading. I didn't tell her exactly what had happened, I just said I had family problems and needed to be back at home for a while.

I find it really hard to talk about problems I have and how I feel about things. The only people who even know about what has happened is my boyfriend and one of my housemates, and that's because she was there when my Dad phoned me to tell me.

I'm back in Portsmouth now. Whilst I was with my Mum I managed to distract myself from my own feelings by being there for her and doing things like shopping and cleaning the house for her. Now I'm back here, I should really be getting on with revision and my dissertation but I can't concentrate and just feel like crying constantly.

I really just want to be back in Reading with my Mum. :(