Home Student Life & Education
Fill out The Mix's Annual User Survey for a chance to win a £200 Amazon voucher, to shape our services, and get closer to earning a badge!
Need support urgently? Click here

scared of doing badly...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
right, first off,i'm in my last year of my current degree, and this semesters exams start on monday

why the hell does being scared of doing badly (which I am) make me even less motivated to do work? I don't understand!

I just cant seem to focus, sit down & revise, I keep putting it off & putting it off, till it'll be too late. Courseworks's ok, I can do a decent piece of work in a night, but revision is a different matter. (especially as I'm not good at exams generally)

*sighs* I just wish I was more motivated I guess. Any tips or advice anyone?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i know what you mean, it's easy to think this is too much; i can't be bothered anymore.

however you're over 2/3 of the way there. you need to pull your socks up and tell yourself that you only have a few months left and that you should do your best (while having some fun, too!). surely working hard for a few months will be worth it in the end. especially when you'll have your degree for the rest of your life. :yes:
    i know what you mean, it's easy to think this is too much; i can't be bothered anymore.

however you're over 2/3 of the way there. you need to pull your socks up and tell yourself that you only have a few months left and that you should do your best (while having some fun, too!). surely working hard for a few months will be worth it in the end. especially when you'll have your degree for the rest of your life. :yes:

very true, although that's what I told myself at the end of last semester :p

eurgh, well, atleast I've only got 3 exams. I'd really like to come out with a 2.2, but at this rate I'm not sure what's guna happen. Having a 3rd is just a waste of paper really, especially as I'd quite like to go elsewhere and go do a masters after this. :impissed:
    well if you want to do a masters, you need a 2:1 at least right?

well bloody put in the best 3 months in your life then. :p
    well if you want to do a masters, you need a 2:1 at least right?

well bloody put in the best 3 months in your life then. :p
    nah, I've looked into it, there are about 5 uni's offering masters courses if I get a 2:2 :)

besides, there's no way I'll get a 2:1 now.
    (thanks for the replies btw :) )
    i don't think i've really said anything that you didn't already know. have you got a tutor who you can talk to or anything? maybe once you get back to lectures and stuff you'll get back into the swing of things more and feel more motivated.
    yeh I hope so (hope the modules are more interesting too). I have a tutor, he's a lovely guy, but very russian and rather quiet, I dont feel I could go talk to him about my intense lack of motivation really. Besides, it's too late for this set of exams anyway.

thing is, I know what I have to do, but I just dont seem to be doing it, just need to get my arse in gear :p
    something will happen that makes you think oh shit, this is it...! but it'll probably be too late. :p

learn russian then you might be more inclined to speak to him. ;)

i'm only a 2nd year student so i have it all to come yet...i'm sure there are other 3rd years or people who have graduated who can offer you better advice than me.
    something will happen that makes you think oh shit, this is it...! but it'll probably be too late. :p

yeah, i'm feeling that right about now! :p