Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

USA Meet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since everyone is making all these damned meets, and i'm like 1 of four from the USA.. i decided to figure out who else is..
Where in the US are you from?!

Comments

• Options
    You see, noone is willing to put where they're from down if it's to do with America, because you're all completely mental.
  • Options
    I can't imagine a USA meet.

"Let's do it in NY"

"Oh no...I can't afford the plane ride there"
  • Options
    I'm out in Eugene Oregon.

We could meet in Kansas, it's about halfway from everywhere....except Alaska, but they're practicaly Canadian anyhow.
  • Options
    Silverberg wrote:
    You see, noone is willing to put where they're from down if it's to do with America, because you're all completely mental.
    A flag on every pole,and everyone has a gun in one hand and a bottle of Buddweiser in the other! YEEEEEEHAAAAAAA!
  • Options
    typical (incorrect) stereotype :rolleyes:

its ok, ive always wanted to go to america, and have my picture taken in front of somewhere famous, with the union flag flying next to me(as in the uk flag) and a gun in one hand, and a bottle of newcastle brown ale in the other

girlinthecurl: you got anything famous near you?
  • Options
    typical (incorrect) stereotype :rolleyes:
    I've got the right to make suchs stereotypes, I live here after all. ;)
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    its ok, ive always wanted to go to america, and have my picture taken in front of somewhere famous, with the union flag flying next to me(as in the uk flag) and a gun in one hand, and a bottle of newcastle brown ale in the other

girlinthecurl: you got anything famous near you?
    you'd probably get shot, seeing Brits with guns in the US gets people all "shit, 1812 all over again, wheres my three cornerd hat and scatter gun?"
  • Options
    you'd probably get shot, seeing Brits with guns in the US gets people all "shit, 1812 all over again, wheres my three cornerd hat and scatter gun?"

thats exactly why i want to do it
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I want to go to the US. And buy an AK. They're like, $150 out there. Mental!!!

Then i'd get a rusty pickup, a confederate flag, and drive around taking pot-shots at stuff. Yeeeeeeee-HAWWWWW!
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

Then i'd get a rusty pickup, a confederate flag, and drive around taking pot-shots at stuff. Yeeeeeeee-HAWWWWW!
    can I come along, providing hill-billy music?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

truth is, you could probably get a AK for not much more where you are from, i have heard stories of being able to get em round here for not much more than £200. sad times.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I want to go to the US. And buy an AK. They're like, $150 out there. Mental!!!!

Thats only in the wierd states where there are few restrictions on automatic weapons, its not like that everywhere.

I quite like Americans in the main, the ones I've met have for the most part been really nice. It is a very different country in many ways though.

Did you know they eat differently, they cut things up, then move the fork to the other hand and eat one handed, its very odd to watch. Its supposed to have dated from the time when they needed one hand free for their gun.
  • Options
    i went to florida in 2004 and i remember walking round wal-mart and seeing machetes and axes that you could just pick up and put in your trolley....crazy
    and i remember seeing a gun cabinet.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    i went to florida in 2004 and i remember walking round wal-mart and seeing machetes and axes that you could just pick up and put in your trolley....crazy
    and i remember seeing a gun cabinet.

you can walk round shops here tho and pick up knifes and axe's, thats not weird..
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    you can walk round shops here tho and pick up knifes and axe's, thats not weird..

Yeah there's always loads of potential weapons (;)) for sale in B&Q
  • Options
    I love that you can buy bullets in walmart - I dunno why - maybe it reconfirms my belife that the US is somewhere I definately don't want to live - or where I want my children to grow up.

Its good to visit though - for short periods of time.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    I love that you can buy bullets in walmart - I dunno why - maybe it reconfirms my belife that the US is somewhere I definately don't want to live - or where I want my children to grow up.

When I was just there I heard someone complaining on the radio news that because of administration problems some people were having to wait up to 50 days to get their new gun licence!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

I'm in, sounds like a laff. :p

Generally speaking, I've always met the coolest Americans when they've been outside of the US, when you get there you tend to meet the scarier ones (yes that's obviously because the former are often the travelling, extrospective types etc). Funnily enough, I'd say the opposite about Canada/Canadians, though, heh. The USA is infinitely gorgeous in places though, and I'm insanely jealous of Americans (many of whom I don't feel appreciate the fantastic place in which they live, hmph).

Anyway on topic, if anyone's up for a Seattle meet in the Summer, you can count me in for that too. ;)
  • Options
    ive met quite a few americans on my travels and they always seem quite nice, they seem to like us brits as well. same goes for canadians, actually more so, canadians are REALLY friendly
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    can I come along, providing hill-billy music?

Definatley. So with briggi, thats three of us. Let's go huntin' reds!

My unlce in Vermont has a cool gun collection. I know some states have restrictions... or had, didn't Bush remove a load? And I can pick an AK for £200 here? *cough*where please*cough*
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    And I can pick an AK for £200 here? *cough*where please*cough*

well its all about knowing people, i personally dont know but i know people who know who to get stuff from, theres quite a healthy drug trade in my town as well as quite a lot of unsavoury gangs..

my mate has a cool photo of him holding a ak47, was damaged tho. i went latvia recently, you'd like it there, loads of shops selling original soviet army clothes and stuff, i wanted to get some but i'd spent all my money on beer and strippers
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    ive met quite a few americans on my travels and they always seem quite nice, they seem to like us brits as well. same goes for canadians, actually more so, canadians are REALLY friendly

Exactly, Canadians are like Americans, except without the religious nuts and gun crime.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Exactly, Canadians are like Americans, except without the religious nuts and gun crime.
    Canadians absolutely hate it when you think they're American. Same if you think a New Zealander is from Australia.
  • Options
    I think Americans and Canadians are incredibly different, in most ways.

They both have their good and bad points, but [I find the] Canadian men [whom I've met] are better looking. :p
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I think Americans and Canadians are incredibly different, in most ways.

Exactly, Canadians are better.
  • Options
    Lets have a NW suburbs Chicago meet. Not as many scary people as the city and nice bars (that dont card if you know the people :p)
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Lets have a NW suburbs Chicago meet. Not as many scary people as the city and nice bars (that dont card if you know the people :p)

I'm in...

if you're buying :thumb:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

Definately, Gary is a lovely place for a night out.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Definately, Gary is a lovely place for a night out.

Thats Indiana, and in the sticks :rolleyes:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I'm in...

if you're buying :thumb:

Well I did just get paid today :naughty:
    Maybe I could even get a few free drinks for being a spitting image of Mr. Sharon ;)