Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Iran...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    so we let them build nuclear weapons so they can defend themselves ...or more correctly put ...strut their stuff.
    start demanding and threatening ...raise the tension levels a few more notches.
  • Options
    yes ok, but lets say the inspecters dont do their job, and bush pressures a war. Wouldnt a UN led effort totally with out american support be acceptable?
  • Options
    babylon wrote:
    I and hopefully this thing will blow over.
    more likely blow up! :D
    hoping it will all just go away aint a very realistic approach.
  • Options
    Pakistan and India haven't done that. In fact our relations with both these governments improved drastically following their entering the nuclear world.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    yes ok, but lets say the inspecters dont do their job, and bush pressures a war. Wouldnt a UN led effort totally with out american support be acceptable?

America will do whatever they want anyway. I just hope Poony Blair doesnt brown tounge bush like he did over Iraq and blindly follow them because of 1944.
  • Options
    more likely blow up! :D
    hoping it will all just go away aint a very realistic approach.

What can I do about the situation..

I'm just a pubic hair sitting on the toilet pan of life.
    Whatever happens happens, and not you me or anyone on this forum can do anything about it, apart from venting our opinion.
  • Options
    babylon wrote:
    Pakistan and India haven't done that. In fact our relations with both these governments improved drastically following their entering the nuclear world.
    different scenario altogether though.
    we have centuries of ties with these people ...we have centuries of bloodshed with the others and ...their religous beliefs aint just a passing fad ...some of thee people actualy believe ...as in BELIEVE
    that their god cannot and will not come until the infidel has been destroyed. thats quite scary.
  • Options
    babylon wrote:
    What can I do about the situation..

I'm just a pubic hair sitting on the toilet pan of life.
    Whatever happens happens, and not you me or anyone on this forum can do anything about it, apart from venting our opinion.
    very true ...our fate lies in the hands of seriously fucking scary people.
    the world is in the hands of killers thieves and lawyers.
  • Options
    the world is in the hands of killers thieves and lawyers.
    i feel a song coming on ...http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=e2c3zY_VhZ0
  • Options
    Pakistan are also a muslim nation, however with a much less fundamentalist government.

I take it you have a problem with the ideology of the faith that these nations exert.

Since it is normally only a government who has the power to launch a nuclear sortie, and the Iranian president is a hard line muslim, surely he would be digging his own grave (putting it mildly) and those of his entire country by attacking the west with WMD.

The other concern is of course the terrorist option, which is why the UN needs inspectors in there 24/7
  • Options
    babylon wrote:
    Pakistan are also a muslim nation, however with a much less fundamentalist government.

I take it you have a problem with the ideology of the faith that these nations exert.

Since it is normally only a government who has the power to launch a nuclear sortie, and the Iranian president is a hard line muslim, surely he would be digging his own grave (putting it mildly) and those of his entire country by attacking the west with WMD.

The other concern is of course the terrorist option, which is why the UN needs inspectors in there 24/7

hes digging his tunnel to allah you mean?
  • Options
    babylon wrote:
    i most certainly do!
    i also have a problem with the xtrians who have a similar mentality.
  • Options
    babylon wrote:
    i think yoyu nust have missed the bit i posted about some of their extreme beliefs.
    their god cannot and will not come ...until the infidel has been destroyed or reduced to their knees.
    however far fetched thatmay eem to your western mind ...it is a reality for some of these nut jobs.
    yes ...some of them are willing to make apocalyptic sacrifices.
  • Options
    Yeah, I bet theve got loads of tunnels over there linking through the mountains.

Osama is probably over there sitting in a cave right now, orchistrating all of this international tension and trying to start a war.

Did anyone see season 2 of '24' with Keifer Sutherland. - Both sides being manipulated over oil contracts.
  • Options
    its about time someone told those damn americans where to go. why doesnt china or something step in and just say "oi, bush, no!"
  • Options
    i think yoyu nust have missed the bit i posted about some of their extreme beliefs.
    their god cannot and will not come ...until the infidel has been destroyed or reduced to their knees.
    however far fetched thatmay eem to your western mind ...it is a reality for some of these nut jobs.
    yes ...some of them are willing to make apocalyptic sacrifices.

Saw the post, but you're correct I can't understand the mindset of those bods.

To my mind theres much more practical things to worry about in this day & age, like putting clothes on your kids backs, professional and social furtherment and of couse (how could I forget) Football.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    its about time someone told those damn americans where to go. why doesnt china or something step in and just say "oi, bush, no!"

I don't really think that Frank Doberman is the most sensible person to become the latest UN special envoy.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    the americans could go home tommorow and promise never to come back ...they could even disarm ...but i reckon the rans would still go for the nuclear option.
  • Options
    i most certainly do!
    i also have a problem with the xtrians who have a similar mentality.

What or who is an Xtrian?
  • Options
    babylon wrote:
    What or who is an Xtrian?
    christian. :chin:
  • Options
    christian. :chin:

Oh, ok.

Well I don't have an opinion on the matter, I thinks all religion is silly.
    Except for Bhuddism, which I find fascinating.
  • Options
    in my minds eye i can see the whitehouse crew rubbing their hands in glee at the prospect of the iranians developing nukes.
    not long now they will be saying ...not long now until we turn the entire middle east into glass.
    no more problems getting that oil out.
  • Options
    Its obvious that Bushes end game is the black gold, but hows he going to get it?

Regime change is the prefered option, but risks are too high.

Nuclear strike would be advantageous too, but no-one left to drill the oil.

Theres alot more twists and turns in this saga yet.
  • Options
    Does anyone really think that Iran would ever consider ever using nukes as a first strike?

Why, do they all wish to die? And do their wish their Muslim brothers to also die/be forced out of the Holy Land for generations?

Please!

If the country that has illegally invaded, bombed and occupied more nations than any other in modern history called you part of a so-called 'Axis of Evil' ( :rolleyes: x 1,000,000) and then proceeded to illegally bomb to fuck one of the other nations threatened but let another nation that had nukes well alone, what would YOU do?
  • Options
    Probs realise I was fucked and start throwing the nukes to die for my religion :)
  • Options
    well its tricky really.

Any leader who claims the Holocaust was a myth and Isreal should be iped of the map, deserevs to be deposed quite frankly and it is dangerous thinking. However another war in the middle east isn't really a great idea for either side. Not with Iraq how it is.

I suppose since the issue is nukes, then Isreal could do us the favour they did back in the day with Iraq, they bombed the Iraq's nuclear facilities/weapon and assinated the designer.

If something happens to Iran its no doubt over this nuclear programme and anti-isreali sentiments from their leader, although watching the Conspiracies programme on Iraq has actually given me a conspiracy that I can't dismiss easily!

All down to the petro-dollar. Saving the american economy. Looks like Iran might be doing what Iraq did and striking that way and if the conspiracy is true, then its the West vs Iran in about 3 or 4 years time.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    I suppose since the issue is nukes, then Isreal could do us the favour they did back in the day with Iraq, they bombed the Iraq's nuclear facilities/weapon and assinated the designer.
    Or even better, it gets rid of its illegal and undeclared own nuclear arsenal (not to mention the biological and chemical one) to lower tensions in the region and end one of the most incredible cases of hypocrisy in human history.
  • Options
    If the West was actually getting rid of its nukes then this retoric wouldnt sound quite so hypocritical, at least that way we could say we dont want anyone to have them, rather than just the people we like.

I cant say I'm all that happy about Iran's leaders most recent statements, if Israel was saying the reverse I'm sure posters here would have something to say about it. But, what can we or should we do about it?
  • Options
    Has anyone actually noticed that our so called co-allition who illegally invaded Iraq, has got away with much more than murder. And no-one lifted a finger.

Us stupid western populus sit back and accept everything thats happened.

The anti-war protests came and went, the whole Kelly saga and Hutton enquiry exonerated the government and the USA now has achieved what it set out, to insert a freindly democratic regime in Iraq.

So what if a load of allied grunts get fragged and the insergients blow them selves (and a few others) up. There is will be a free flowing supply of liquid cash being pumped direct from the desert to the federal reserve within a few years.

When that supply runs dry, the US will be set up poised for attack on the government of Iran.

Not sure how they will achieve this yet.
    Most likely by another war, but first the groundwork needs to be done, to break the will of the enemy or by political espionage or something like that.

One thing is absolutely clear,
    In the mean time, the USA definitely does not want Iran to be in posession of nuclear WMD.

I don't think they would use them in aggression, but from Iran's point of view, they can see this war coming a mile away, and need some form of defense against invasion.
  • Options
    babylon wrote:
    the USA now has achieved what it set out, to insert a freindly democratic regime in Iraq.

Sorry, when did this happen? I obviously missed that one.

Saying its all about oil is stupidly simplistic anyway, the people wanting war came from a mix of backgrounds and each had a motive, oil was one of them definately but there's a fist full of other reasons.