Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Boring in bed

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I agree with the general concensus; she sounds like she's got the problem, and to be honest she also sounds quite rude (though "forthright" is the more polite term).

You need to take her to task about her comment, telling you you're boring and not following that up with any form of constructive criticism/direction is near as dammit pointless. If she won't give you tips on how to improve (either when you discuss this, or during sex) then what does she expect you to do? You're not psychic.

She does sound quite selfish though, how is the rest of your relationship? (i.e. the non-physical aspects).
  • Options
    hold her hands behind her back, flip her on her belly and take her roughly calling her a fucking little bitch and that shes gonna get it good.

You know, it's times like this when I consider relocating up the marmite motorway...
  • Options
    You know, it's times like this when I consider relocating up the marmite motorway...
    I hear Bourneville Boulevard is also rather lovely this time of year.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    She does sound quite selfish though, how is the rest of your relationship? (i.e. the non-physical aspects).

I don't know if she's selfish or whether I'm just very giving and considerate, but I seem to do a lot more for her than she does for me. I wouldn't say she was selfish, but she can be a bit thoughtless and inconsiderate sometimes. I don't think she means to though.
    The other day she told me that she thought I loved her more than she loves me, that pretty much sums things up.
  • Options
    red_jelly wrote:
    The other day she told me that she thought I loved her more than she loves me, that pretty much sums things up.

I don't want to be harsh, because you're obviously not in a position to see this in the light that we can (being completely objective), but is that really good enough for you?

You need to heighten your own expectations, and look after your own interests, because that's most certainly what she seems to be doing. Try and resolve this, but don't let the resolution come about because you've bent completely to her will...and done all the changing/giving again. :)
  • Options
    Briggi, I could not have put it better myself, I have noting to add. Other then good luck Red Jelly.
  • Options
    Sounds to me like she doesn't deserve you. Are you really happy in this relationship?
  • Options
    Sounds to me like she doesn't deserve you. Are you really happy in this relationship?

We have ups and downs, at the moment i'm in a pretty big down. I truely love her but sometimes I worry that the feeling is not reciprocated. Most of the time she is fine with me, says she loves me etc. but occasionally I get the feeling that she's not happy with me. It's the not knowing what's really going on in her head and whether she really wants to be with me that gets me down.

I've just read back what i've written and it makes out relationship sound really poor, it's not that bad, we do mostly have a good time and I really enjoy being with her, it's just in the past i've never worried that my girlfriend might not want me as much as I want her.
  • Options
    Sounds tricky, we can only give you objective advice, as we are not the ones in your relationship, only you can really decide how your relationship is and where it is going, but as you are now starting to worry that 'your girlfriend might not want you as much as youwant her', then i would say you need to do some serious thinking about what you waht in a relationship and can she provide this.

I would also advise you to sit down will her and talk about how you are feeling at the moment, I know this is hard. I had a tough time telling my boyfriend about something that happen to me in the pass which make me worry about if people do in fact love me when they say they do. (I won't hi-jack your thread). But all I will say is if she really does love you she should listern to your concerns about your relationship.
  • Options
    I hear Bourneville Boulevard is also rather lovely this time of year.

Really?

TBH though, the place is irrelevant. It's the time which I'm interested in :naughty:
  • Options
    Little_one wrote:
    Sounds tricky, we can only give you objective advice, as we are not the ones in your relationship, only you can really decide how your relationship is and where it is going, but as you are now starting to worry that 'your girlfriend might not want you as much as youwant her', then i would say you need to do some serious thinking about what you waht in a relationship and can she provide this.

That must be really hard to read. :p
  • Options
    After sex, my boyfriend and I always cuddle and talk about it, highs and lows etc

Always? That's a bit clinical isn't it .... :)
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    Always? That's a bit clinical isn't it .... :)

That's what I was thinking! Bit too analytical but suppose if it helps them and they are happy with it...
  • Options
    To be honest, I don't think that the relationship is as bad as the words make it appear. Relationships go through ruts, and it sounds like this one is just going through a rut. A rut in bed, and a rut out of bed. It happens.

What makes or breaks a relationship is how the two people deal with it, and how they try to drag themselves out of the rut. If one partner won't talk to the other then it's very hard to drag yourself out of the rut, as a relationship is all about it being a partnership.

I think red_jelly is just a little paranoid, and it happens to us all when things aren't working right. It's natural to worry if the spark has gone, and if the other person cares for you, if things aren't going swimmingly. There isn't a couple in the world who haven't had a hard time of it sometimes.

I spluttered tea all over the keyboard when I saw Bourneville Boulevard. But RB probably isn't far wrong- take her roughly, and do what you want to do, it's great fun.
  • Options
    That's what I was thinking! Bit too analytical but suppose if it helps them and they are happy with it...

Ok, well maybe it sounded a bit like that, but what I meant was that we lie there and go "wow" or "that was a bit of a disasterous start" or "im exhausted" or "that was really good, but it hurt a little too." or some shit.

Eh, i know what I'm talking about. I guess we talk coz thats how we work and because we are both new to it... eh, shuddap katie *hits self*
  • Options
    my girl and i talk about it like that too afterwards because communication is key.
  • Options
    we talk about it too - not every time but reasonably often.
  • Options
    my girl and i talk about it like that too afterwards because communication is key.

Thats the one :yes:
  • Options
    we talk about it too - not every time but reasonably often.

Same here, as sometimes you just want to cuddle up together afterwards.