Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Best Channel

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    channel 4 all the way!!
  • Options
    Channel 4 and E4 EXCEPT when it's nothing but Big Brother - then it turns into the biggest waste of space ever!!

ITV 3 shows some nice repeats of old classics like Quincy, LA Law and the Practice.

TV is overall just so rubbish these days

The various discovery channels are good though
  • Options
    Yeah channel 4 is one of the best :thumb:

Totally agree, oh and also E4 with friends on teehee :D
  • Options
    C4, E4 or sometimes BBC3. We've got the full package and yet we resort to freeview channels. What gives?!
  • Options
    Your channels have such boring names :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Go on then, enlighten us :p
  • Options
    price drop tv
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:

We have a Mo Fo Channel. That's not boring. :)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    We have a Mo Fo Channel. That's not boring. :)
    We do?!
  • Options
    Channel 4.

Not that I watch TV ever.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Rich-E wrote:
    We do?!

More Four! ;)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    channel 4 has the best variety, but sky one has the simpsons, nip/tuck, brainiac and 24.
  • Options
    BBC2 / Channel 4 / BBC 4.
    In that order.

Whoever said about Channel 4 being good until the big brother season is a wise person. The problem i find with channel 4 is though it comes out with some really amazing stuff, it also has complete rubbish like the 100 greatest 100 greatest programs and big brother.

You can always rely on the BBC for the best documentaries, and their news is the best out there, without a doubt.
  • Options
    ...and their news is the best out there, without a doubt.

I actually prefer C4 news, though the BBC's local news is usually good if you want either a laugh or to be put on a complete downer :p
  • Options
    Haha, local news is hilarious. Oh Peter Levy, will you ever be able to hold back your comments about Paul the Weathermans shirt?

While i do like Channel 4 News, it clashes with my soap operas ;) so i can't watch it. BBC seems to strike the right balance when it comes to news, grabs your attention, keeps it serious...but not boring if that make sense.

Now ITV news is just a joke.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I actually prefer C4 news, though the BBC's local news is usually good if you want either a laugh or to be put on a complete downer :p
    I love local news, it makes me laugh. Sometimes they have quite important stuff, but mostly it's like "a man in Norfolk was in the papers today for having the largest collection of teaspoons". It makes me larrrrrrrrrrf ;d.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    mostly it's like "a man in Norfolk was in the papers today for having the largest collection of teaspoons".

Oh yes, the good old "human interest" story. Always good for a chuckle :p

ITV news is like a joke, A Photo of Me, a bad joke. Especially that abhorrent "Pulse" thing they have at lunchtime, where a bunch of clueless fuckers text in their opinion (or more likely, their useless comment). Haaaate.
  • Options
    kerrang TV, Toonami, Skyone. but then i dont really watch mush TV, more watch more DVD's then anything. just a case of deciding what to watch (got more than blockbusters
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Oh yes, the good old "human interest" story. Always good for a chuckle :p

ITV news is like a joke, A Photo of Me, a bad joke. Especially that abhorrent "Pulse" thing they have at lunchtime, where a bunch of clueless fuckers text in their opinion (or more likely, their useless comment). Haaaate.
    God yeah, and i also hate the way they use stupid cgi graphs, especially when they're talking about mortgages or something.
    They put a little picture of a house in the background so people know what it's about.
  • Options
    The best channel is channel 4
  • Options
    Oh Peter Levy, will you ever be able to hold back your comments about Paul the Weathermans shirt?

Peter Levy is an absolute legend. Oh yes. He used to be great when he did local Breakfast bulletins.

Paul the Weatherman is a Bradford City fan (our celeb fan, along with Harry Potter) so I will hear no ill of his name.

Strictly Come Dancing is great. All those sexy dancers, in sexy dresses, how can no red-blooded man not enjoy watching that?
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    I love local news it's like "a man in Norfolk was in the papers today for having the largest collection of teaspoons". It makes me larrrrrrrrrrf ;d.

I know him!! teaspoon George we call 'im.:yes: Ooo arr!!