Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Who'll Be Next?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Who's gonna be the next two people on the site to get hitched?

Anyone seeing anyone else they met on here?

Anyone secretly fancy someone on here (you don't have to say who)

I think there's quite a nice selection of nice people here :)

Comments

• Options
    There are some lovely people on here. Most appear to have a stronger idea of real life than the majority of people you meet when out and about in town.

Any nice ladies want to get married? :);)
  • Options
    whos got married? :confused:
  • Options
    Well to be honest i think that fancying some one on the internet is werid (sorry if im offending some one) but you dont no how they are really are. For all you no they could be posing as a girl, blonde hair, blue eyes but really they are an 40 year old guy who hasnt had a girlfriend cause they stink. lol sorrry i went over the top then lol.

Any one agree?
  • Options
    Who's gonna be the next two people on the site to get hitched? Anyone seeing anyone else they met on here? Anyone secretly fancy someone on here?
    I've got a bit of a thing going on with someone on this site, I'm hoping to meet her soon enough. Who knows, may be the start of something. As for whether I fancy someone on here, I fancy quite a few people on here, they know who they are. ;)
  • Options
    I'm engaged to someone who is also a member here, but he only knew about it because I'm a member and he never posts.

To Loved Up Blonde: I really disagree. Yes there are a few weirdos like that, but at some point, if they are starting to form a relationship, then the only person losing out is them. This is relationships, not cybersex. When you meet people, you sort of find out what they are actually like. I met my other half through livejournal, and he turned out to be no different to what he said he was.
  • Options
    Meeting people from over the Internet is a very new development. It doesn't help that the only accounts that the press publish is bad ones, like how a girl meets a guy over the net and ends up being stabbed to death. Even if there is no link between the two, the newspapers make them out to be freaks for meeting those from online. I, for one, anticipate the day that Kermit & GWST appear in the Daily Mail talking about how they got together. I'm sure Kermit would have a thing or two to say to the Daily Mail's editor at the same time too. :p
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Well to be honest i think that fancying some one on the internet is werid (sorry if im offending some one) but you dont no how they are really are. For all you no they could be posing as a girl, blonde hair, blue eyes but really they are an 40 year old guy who hasnt had a girlfriend cause they stink. lol sorrry i went over the top then lol.

Any one agree?

Hmmm ... I agree that if you just fancy someone from the internet without meeting/talking to the person then yes, it is a bit bizarre. But when you meet someone from the internet you then take it into real life and then you fancy the person.

Yes, you will get some weirdos on the internet but you get as many weirdos in a club or wherever else you care to meet people. Meeting people over the internet gets a lot of bad media coverage but I don't think it is any different to meeting someone any other way. And you wouldn't just meet them after talking to them once. You would chat, exchange photos, exchange numbers and then if everything is still hunky dory after that you would meet them in a busy place. Simple as.

There have been loads of topics on meeting people from the internet.

EDIT: in response to the OP, there are a few couples on here and some are engaged too.
  • Options
    I've made some mistakes on first meeting people from online, so here's my advice:

- Make sure you've been speaking to each other for as long as possible, at least six months beforehand. I met someone after three months, it was a disaster. We didn't know each other well enough and we weren't who we suspected we were.
    - On your first meeting, meet up in a public place. A bar, a restaurant, a club... maybe you could meet each other at a train station, for example, and spend a few hours going round the town/city doing things together and learning more about each other. Don't let your first meet run onto three days or something, and whatever you do, don't spend the night together!
    - Communication is the key. Be completely honest with one another. Do not lie about your circumstances, you will be caught out sooner or later. Friendships are based on trust, and if you want this one to become something special, the same rules still apply.
    - If you don't want to meet again, tell them clearly. Don't say you loved meeting them if you didn't. It will upset them, but honesty is the best policy here.

+ If you're uncomfortable with the idea of meeting someone alone, a good starting point is TheSite.org meets. Arrange for both people to go down to your closest meet, whether it be in Manchester, Birmingham, London or wherever. That way, you can talk to one another in complete safety and if you've, frankly, got no chemistry going between you, you can talk to the other people there. Also, you can leave whenever you wish.
    + Probably the most important thing again is be honest. Don't try and be some other person. I, for example, am painfully shy at meets. Anyone who's met me can testify to that. Make sure the other person has a clear idea of what you're like.
  • Options
    Hopefully not me for a loooong time...
  • Options
    i know of quite a few illicit relationships going on round these parts....
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    Are you going to name them? :p
  • Options
    Any one agree?

no.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:

me too ;p
  • Options
    i will not name and shame im afraid...but im sure the people know who they are, and the best of luck to them.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I've got a bit of a thing going on with someone on this site, I'm hoping to meet her soon enough. Who knows, may be the start of something. As for whether I fancy someone on here, I fancy quite a few people on here, they know who they are. ;)

haha, yeah right, from what ive seen you are a complete weirdo.
  • Options
    jennyr1984 wrote:
    haha, yeah right, from what ive seen you are a complete weirdo.
    Let me remind you of a rule before the moderators do. You are brand new on this website. I have been here since September 2004. There are some who have been here since its advent in 2000. It is not a good way to make friends on this website by attacking the regulars, as I discovered myself in the early days.
  • Options
    haha!
    im not looking for friends,

I just think you're a sad little jobsworth trying to suck up to people in order to sound important, and your reply proves this.
  • Options
    i don't think anyone on thesite is my type.. so not me.
  • Options
    jennyr1984 wrote:
    haha! im not looking for friends...
    Please note from The Relationship Forum Rules;

"1. DO NOT use this board to advertise for sex, boyfriends, girlfriends, or penpals. Go somewhere else if that's what you want, there are plenty of other sites for that."

From the "good manners guide"...

1. Please respect the opinions of others. Just because you don’t agree, doesn’t give you the right to make personal attacks on that person.
    6. We will ban people who continually refuse to work within these rules. If you don’t like it, there are plenty of other places to have your say on the web.
  • Options
    jennyr1984 wrote:
    haha!
    im not looking for friends,

I just think you're a sad little jobsworth trying to suck up to people in order to sound important, and your reply proves this.

And you, my dear, are an idiot.

Responses like the ones in this thread won't get you any friends here, you are right. However, they will get you banned. And that would be such a shame :yeees:
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    i will not name and shame im afraid...but im sure the people know who they are, and the best of luck to them.

You said you'd tell them about the two of us :(
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    You said you'd tell them about the two of us :(
    If what I read and hear behind the scenes is anything to go by, you're dating about eight women on the site at the moment. Must be a compliment if nothing else. :p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    If what I read and hear behind the scenes is anything to go by, you're dating about eight women on the site at the moment. Must be a compliment if nothing else. :p

I'm such an e-player.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    I'm such an e-player.
    That would explain it. ;)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    jennyr1984 wrote:

He's a creep your right, but he's generally pretty sound. ;)
    You however are an idiot.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    sorry, didnt realise you were a mod.
    oh, hang on, you're not! why do you keep posting rules?! is it against the site rules to think that you are a complete and utter twat?

pathetic!!
  • Options
    jennyr1984 wrote:
    sorry, didnt realise you were a mod.
    oh, hang on, you're not! why do you keep posting rules?! is it against the site rules to think that you are a complete and utter twat?

pathetic!!

No, it's not against thesite rules to think he is a "complete and utter twat" but it is against thesite rules to attack another member of the boards.

Pathetic.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    jennyr1984 wrote:
    is it against the site rules to think that you are a complete and utter twat?

No but it's pretty pathetic. Who the fuck are you anyway.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    C'mon guys sort it out - this kind of bitching really isn't really on whether you have been here for five minutes for five years. Don't want to have to close this thread :banghead:
  • Options
    Stargalaxy: What the heck is "behind the scenes" anyway. This is the interweb, theres no scenes to be behind. :no: