Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bit of a bug on the fora

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
I've seen it before, haven't noticed something special that'd give me an idea for why it happens. I thought I'd mention it anyhow.

Comments

• Options
    Oh, and today for some reason I can't see any post by "Girl Interrupted", which is just weird. It might be messages of other posters too, but I have no evidence of it.
    There's a thread that says the last post if by her and when I read it there's no post by her in it, and another thread where people are quoting her but I don't see the original messages. Nothing to do with my ignore list either.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    She must have left thesite and asked for her posts to be deleted. It's happened before, most notably Brit_James.
  • Options
    Why would you do that? That seems rather pathetic.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    She must have left thesite and asked for her posts to be deleted. It's happened before, most notably Brit_James.
    If her posts were simply deleted, then on the thread list her name wouldn't appear as the last person to post in a thread, it would be the last person before her. At least that's what makes sense to me, maybe the boards are programmed differently.

As for britjames, I remember there was a good excuse to have the posts deleted.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

People have their reasons.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

Things are not always what they seem.
  • Options
    indeed they are not, and your assumptions about board functions would be right, if the data was pulled all from the same table, which it isnt, its a mass array of jiggery pokery
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    I missed all that clearly. Bless, he's a dude, wondered where he'd been.
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    As for britjames, I remember there was a good excuse to have the posts deleted.
    what was the excuse?

and why has girl interrupted gone and been deleted?
  • Options
    Hmmmm. :chin:
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    what was the excuse?

and why has girl interrupted gone and been deleted?

she asked to be deleted.

tbh, I'm sure she doesn't want her reasons plastered around the boards.
  • Options
    It has happened to me once before. It made me really confused.
  • Options
    I take back what I just said, I think I just saw the reason for why she did leave. And I'm sorry anybody could be so rude and despicable. My heart goes out to her right now.

Hey, lets go poke blind kids in the eyes because they can't see you do it. :|
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I take back what I just said, I think I just saw the reason for why she did leave. And I'm sorry anybody could be so rude and despicable. My heart goes out to her right now.
    Yeah it is really sad. It was so insensitive , I can't believe they wrote it. It could of been aimed at any number of us though, it was just a shame it was so personally at her.
  • Options
    oooh so basically she left because 1983 wrote a post in the depression thread.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:

If she left because of that then she's a bit of silly girl.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    1983 didn't just "write a post" though, it was an incredibly nasty and largely personal attack that had absolutely no place in that thread.
  • Options
    When you feel like giving up already and somebody, even on the internet, comes along and says something along the lines of yo have no reason to be depressed get out of your own ass and grow up, thats awfully horrible, hurtful. Internet or not, when your down and somebody deliberatly goes out and tries to make you feel even more worthless, I'm not shocked at all she did leave.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    1983 didn't just "write a post" though, it was an incredibly nasty and largely personal attack that had absolutely no place in that thread.
    oh. well i think she had a point.

but then again i don't have much understanding how people can be so depressed to the extent of self harm etc.
  • Options
    Ok, I guess I'll never know what it feels like to be truly depressed because to me, leaving a place where you've been a regular for a few years and where people like you just because one person said something in a thread screams of silliness.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    When you feel like giving up already and somebody, even on the internet, comes along and says something along the lines of yo have no reason to be depressed get out of your own ass and grow up, thats awfully horrible, hurtful. Internet or not, when your down and somebody deliberatly goes out and tries to make you feel even more worthless, I'm not shocked at all she did leave.
    yeah. i hadn't read that thread until about 2 days ago. so i didnt even realise all those people were having such problems. i've never known a depressed person that i knwo of so its all a bit difficult to comprehend. especially when girl interrupted seemed to have a pretty normal life.

anyway, im not judging.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    oh. well i think she had a point.

but then again i don't have much understanding how people can be so depressed to the extent of self harm etc.

Exactly. She had no knowledge of how she felt or why she felt the way she did. She had no right to say the things she did. As I said in there, sometimes people have no reason to be depressed. Its a fucking psychological disorder. Its an imbalance. Its a disease. You don't go flogging people with lupus.

I think its pretty cool, with what you said, yeah, you may agree but at the same time you acknowledged to not knowing whats its like. Thats fine. Feel free to have your opinions, but if you dont know dont harass somebody and judge them in such a demeaning manor. Maybe ask a question, maybe just even ignore it. But to jump to such conculsions and do it so harshly when you don't know, thats a different story.
  • Options
    Ok, anybody who isn't a happy white male with good health is obviously a fucking retard and should be shot...repeatedly :D
  • Options
    she did not leave because of some post by 1983. she really didn't.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    lipsy wrote:

She didn't leave for that reason. But I am not going into why she left as it isn't anything to do with me or anyone else here. She has a bit more maturity than to ask for all her posts to be deleted because one person flamed her. As turlough said, that would be silliness :)
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Yeah and it wasn't just 1983. Others joined in too. I'm still shocked since the posters were people I respected and liked. Shouldn't some more posts get deleted from that thread?
  • Options
    She didn't leave for that reason. But I am not going into why she left as it isn't anything to do with me or anyone else here. She has a bit more maturity than to ask for all her posts to be deleted because one person flamed her. As turlough said, that would be silliness :)
    What they wrote about her though was so nasty though. I would probably leave if it was me.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    If I remember rightly its not the first time its kicked off in that thread. Its a shame really.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Speaking as someone who can see the argument from both sides as I have been very depressed in the past, I can understand where Becky and others are coming from. I do know that the thread is for support and have used it for that in the past, however, sometimes it is easy to post and just go "OMGZ I need hugz" and everyone go "awwww, ok, here are some *hugz*" and then go away until the next time. Sometimes people just do need to hear the truth that "hang on, are things *really* that bad" in order to get some perspective. At points it is what I needed and I am extremely grateful that I got that.

Yes, Becky's post was perhaps too directed at one person, but in essence I *do* agree with some of the sentiments raised.
  • Options
    Sorry but who are these "others" you talk about?

Am I one of them? If you think so, then I'm not doing it deliberately and will edit it out if you want. I just said maybe some people should respect what they have in life, someone pointed out that depressed people only see negative things. It hekps the thread, not the opposite.

ETA:Yes I agree littlemissy, there's a lot of good info in that thread but a lot of attention seeking, if I want attention i'll go annoy my mum!