Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Custom title.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    im cool and gay
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:

Why? Why this endless evil circle? Why not just cut the line?

I

?
    the human mind is incredible.
    each step you take ...your eyeballs ears and skin are absorbing billions of bits of information ...is it safe ...is he safe ... do i trust this person ...can i like them ....all these things are pouring through your wiring without you having any awareness of it at all.
    so the little bits that you do notice are diddly shit compared to the real ammount of judging thats going on in each and everyone of us all the time.
  • Options
    God chill out mate I think you'll find that was a joke. We were all treated like that so live with it

Not on the boards. You don't know how I'm treated so I don't know how you can even make that statement.

For everyone's information: I was just struck by years of thought when lipsy brought that up. I know she wasn't serious.

Might as well change the subject...

Do you get a PM when you're permitted a custom title or do you get another option in your profile? Is it a specific post count or is it how 'special' you are?
  • Options
    i never suggested it was hormones did i. it's just typical teenage kevin stylee angst.

*here here* Quarfly you really do need to chill a bit.
  • Options

sounds like my grandad!
  • Options

And what's all this chilling got to do with it? I'm sitting behind a computer. I am another person when I'm writing. I wasn't aggressive in any way at all.
  • Options
    Jamie LJamie L Posts: 129 The Mix Convert
    quarfly wrote:
    Do you get a PM when you're permitted a custom title or do you get another option in your profile? Is it a specific post count or is it how 'special' you are?

Check your PM's and that might tell you matey.

Jamie
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    Not on the boards. You don't know how I'm treated so I don't know how you can even make that statement.

For everyone's information: I was just struck by years of thought when lipsy brought that up. I know she wasn't serious.

I know you weren't talking about on the boards. You said that you were sick of being treated with no respect because you're young and I said that this happens to everyone young person so to deal with it. I never said anything to do with knowing you or what you have been through so not sure where you got that from my post
  • Options
    ooops! it was only a joke!
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    Oh, sorry, I forgot that I'm 14.
    I thought you were a good bit older. Knowing it explains a few confuding gaps
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    jake0 wrote:
    im cool and gay
    God so true
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Take a chill pill Winston
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I suggest "in need of a chill pill" for his custom title.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    kids these days..

I think that was what triggered it :yeees:

Lipsy is what just 3-4 years older (guess), so i spose it pissed him off a bit being called a kid like hed said some dumbass thing :P
  • Options
    For God's Sake.

Get your finger out your arse and lighten up.

You'll be able to take jokes less personally when you're older.

:D
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    And what's all this chilling got to do with it? I'm sitting behind a computer. I am another person when I'm writing. I wasn't aggressive in any way at all.

yeh but you had a little bit of a rant

and its very much the rant a 14 year old could make
    pretty much every 14 yeasr old goes through the "its not fair stage"
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Quarfly, how about 'Berk'?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    :d
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    I think that was what triggered it :yeees:

Lipsy is what just 3-4 years older (guess), so i spose it pissed him off a bit being called a kid like hed said some dumbass thing :P
    im almost 22.

its just a saying, a joke! get over it.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Quarfly, how about 'Berk'?

I do not have the slightest idea of what you're talking about.

FEI: Everybody that told me to chill out and get over it didn't take my post seriously. I thought the board was about helping people, but you have all just made me a whole lot more frustrated. What should I say, congratulations?

If Morrocan Roll told you all that he was sick of people discriminating the old, would you act the same way that you did to me? If he ranted as much as I did (which he would probably never do), would you act like you did and tell him he needs a chill pill (whích, by the way, is the most childish expression I have heard in a long time)? Don't think so.

This is not about my fuse, it is about discrimination - which nobody took seriously. Maybe I am in a phase and I want to rant. Does that mean you should not take my point into consideration? Telling me to get over it and chill out won't make my life happier - especially when you use words such as 'bloody hell'. What has God got to do with all of this anyway? :confused:

1983 wrote:
    Get your finger out your arse and lighten up

Maybe you should try to put yourself into other people's position and try treating others the way you want to be treated - the golden rule I think it's called. I have seen several posts by you, and I agree with all of them. Just wonder why you are always so harsh when you post.

I know that I should have thought about the post from a reader's point of view - for that I apologise.

Lighten up? What do you mean by that? Please be a tad more specific. Oh, by the way, my finger is on the keyboard at the moment.

Bloody hell, calm down mate.

As I said, that had nothing to do with my fuse. I was trying to make a point, bloody hell.

Strange though that the only people on the board that actually thought about what I wrote and not automatically classified it as teenage bullshit were Morrocan Roll, Turlough and Lucifer. Anybody tell me why?
  • Options
    i cant tell you why they have differing views to everyone else, after all im not any of those people

but you do seem to keep on reinforcing the view many do have about you, if you had let it drop then things would be calm
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm with you on this quarfly. Some people seem to forget that they were younger, I try my best not to.
    Sometimes older people still treat me like that though, I wonder if I look younger than I am or something. :chin:
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    I'm with you on this quarfly. Some people seem to forget that they were younger, I try my best not to.
    Sometimes older people still treat me like that though, I wonder if I look younger than I am or something. :chin:

i sometimes do forget what i was like when i was younger, does it make the actions any less excusable? no

does it make someones actions in this day and age excusable? no
  • Options
    The boards are for help but we all like to have a laugh now and again, and anything goes is definately the board that people talk most shit in.

And the term "kids these days" isn't always a reference to age. If my mate was asking how to do something simple I'd tell him how to do it and say "kids these days" after it as a joke. I'm pretty sure that was the context lipsy said. And you will get stick for being young here generally, most people are 16+ so might aswell just stick it out mate.
  • Options
    some people just like to be mean on the internet. Normally, when you get a thread thats filled with personal attacks and bitching, look at the ones who are doing most of it, then look at nearly all their other posts. You must agree with the "elite inteligent" members here else they'll put you on their harassing list.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    i sometimes do forget what i was like when i was younger, does it make the actions any less excusable? no

does it make someones actions in this day and age excusable? no
    What actions? :confused:
    I really don't understand what you're talking about.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    some people just like to be mean on the internet. Normally, when you get a thread thats filled with personal attacks and bitching, look at the ones who are doing most of it, then look at nearly all their other posts. You must agree with the "elite inteligent" members here else they'll put you on their harassing list.

i know that does happen around here, but ever thought that if you are annoying people (this is in general and not directed at you), the problem might be that you are an annoying person, rather than just having terribly mean people on message boards
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    I

If Morrocan Roll told you all that he was sick of people discriminating the old, would you act the same way that you did to me? If he ranted as much as I did (which he would probably never do), would you act like you did and tell him he needs a chill pill Don't think so.

?
    believe me my dear ...i get my share and yes ...i have a rant occasionaly.
    but ...like water off a ducks back to me.

one thing no one has ever suggested to ME though in this place ...is to take a chill pill. ;)
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:

they forget what they were like when they were younger? how does that excuse any current day actions of a younger person, who isnt even the same person that i am
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    they forget what they were like when they were younger? how does that excuse any current day actions of a younger person, who isnt even the same person that i am
    Maybe it doesn't. But it doesn't excuse the actions of an older person discriminating against a younger one either.