Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Differant races

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote:
    Thinking further on this, I think my ratio of different races I've been with/attracted to is linked more to exposure than a preference. I can't think of any asians I've been attracted to, but then I've known only a couple personally and have met but a few. I've found a few blacks attractive and the rest were white- this reflects the racial mix of my environment so...

Now that you mention that, I think its generally the same for me. I grew up in a nearly all white town. Lived in the irish section of the city when i moved and now live in a prodominatly white suburb.
    However, when I worked one place, there were alot of middle eastern decent people. I found quite a few of them very attractive after a while. Worked at another place where alot of black people were, I began to find many of them attractive.
    I can almost bet had I grown up in a black or hispanic area, I bet that would be my preference.
    In fact, I had a friend back home who lived in the hispanic area of town and thats all she dated.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    olaola wrote:
    your mistaken, i never accused anyone of being racist, i just said i was surpised by what people think.
    Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought "surprised" as in "shocked".
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    And actually, when it gets down to whites, I divide them up further. I, of course, think Americans are the sexiest men. And (no offense) but I find british to be on the uglier end of the scale. The white south africans my sister has shown me are pretty damn attractive.

I'm not gay, but I feel I've got to stick up for my homeboys here. Jude Law and Orlando Bloom are better than anything your country's produced thank you very much. I mean Michael Phelps is considered attractive in America for God's sake. :eek2:
  • Options
    Well basically, you're wrong. But i won't prove it.

Actually, on second thoughts, i'll just say that orlando bloom is not in anyway attractive. I'm quite certain i'd be a far more attractive hobbit / school kid in the faculty / whatever else he's blighted my screen with.
  • Options
    I'm not gay, but I feel I've got to stick up for my homeboys here. Jude Law and Orlando Bloom are better than anything your country's produced thank you very much. I mean Michael Phelps is considered attractive in America for God's sake. :eek2:
    If you want to stick up for your homeboys you should mention Ralph Fiennes :heart: and Daniel Day-Lewis :heart: Jude Law is also good but you can drop Orlando Bloom.
    Anyhow, I'm on your side, I find English (and some other Europeans) much more attractive than Americans. Infinitely more attractive. I find them smarter and sexier. :thumb:
  • Options
    I am white but rarely fancy white men.

I have a black boyfriend who has only ever had white girlfriends.
  • Options

An acknowledgment by a man that another man is handsome does not indicate any gay bent ... most women can admit to another woman's beauty without being regarded as lesbian ... anyway, so what you doing later? :p
  • Options

Firstly, I find none of those men attractive.
    Second, I was talking of your day to day men.
    Third, that was my opinion for godssake. Get your panties out of a bunch, ass.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    And actually, when it gets down to whites, I divide them up further. I, of course, think Americans are the sexiest men. And (no offense) but I find british to be on the uglier end of the scale. The white south africans my sister has shown me are pretty damn attractive.

American men are generally overweight .. ew!

But I agree on the South African men ... mmmmmm .:)
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    American men are generally overweight .. ew!

But I agree on the South African men ... mmmmmm .:)

I like my men chubby :blush: But they are sexier in the face still. IN MY OPINION, OF COURSE.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    There are some seriously fit American celebs, but the average lady yanks that I've met have always tended to be badly dressed. I can't stand the American accents either.

Eastern European women is what you need. :yes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I like my men chubby :blush: But they are sexier in the face still. IN MY OPINION, OF COURSE.

Oh go on then! Have your opinion! :p

So your sister lives in South Africa then?
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    Oh go on then! Have your opinion! :p

So your sister lives in South Africa then?

Temporarly. Exchange student thing.

Oh I remember when I was 16 in some french airport, some friends and I had met thid kayaking team from S. Af. They were so fine. Especially the one... *ah memories*
  • Options
    Actually, on second thoughts, i'll just say that orlando bloom is not in anyway attractive. I'm quite certain i'd be a far more attractive hobbit / school kid in the faculty / whatever else he's blighted my screen with.

Wrong guy. He was the blond elf and Paris in Troy.

Excluding people in the media, I think I've only been attracted to Asian and white guys, but then there was about only 2.5 black guys in my school (three were half black).
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Temporarly. Exchange student thing.

Oh I remember when I was 16 in some french airport, some friends and I had met thid kayaking team from S. Af. They were so fine. Especially the one... *ah memories*

Yeah, I been on holiday there a few times and the SA surfers are HOT!!!! :shocking:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Firstly, I find none of those men attractive.
    Second, I was talking of your day to day men.
    Third, that was my opinion for godssake. Get your panties out of a bunch, ass.

Oh and another thing, Americans can't tell when your having a light-hearted pisstake. ;)
  • Options
    Aeron wrote:
    Wrong guy. He was the blond elf and Paris in Troy.

Excluding people in the media, I think I've only been attracted to Asian and white guys, but then there was about only 2.5 black guys in my school (three were half black).

oh man, i'm so out of touch with popular culture.
  • Options
    I've never been with anyone who wasn't white. Which is hardly surprising. Was looking at the 2001 census results for Aberdeen and only 4% of people in Aberdeen were from outside of Europe. Only 8% of people were english too. So it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that the only guys I have ever been with are Scottish.

Not that I would say no to someone from a different race. It's just that the opportunity isn't really there.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I've been with a number of girls of different race. One of my old girlfriends was half Korean and she was absolutely stunning. It doesn't bother me too much.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Oh and another thing, Americans can't tell when your having a light-hearted pisstake. ;)

We can, its just you have to know how to actually be amusing for it to work ;)
  • Options
    I wouldnt mind either way. I have never been attracted to anyone of a different race, but thats not to say that i wont be!
  • Options
    I live in Vancouver Canada. And it is very very diverse here to say the least. And Most of my friends are non-white. (I am white). My current boyfriend is persian and I have dated indian and eastern-asian. I just find darker skin and dark eyes attractive. The "Tall, Dark and Handsome" thing.

Anyways many of my asian friend have an asian only outlook and some have a white-girl only outlook(like my bf). It is really personal preference. Since we have all been around a very mixed group, I think it is close friends and experiences that change one's views. Like if looking for sex some people might think white girl, but if looking for long-term some might think asian(just and example if could work the other way as well).
  • Options
    Most of the girls I fancy are white ..

But most of the girls I don't fancy are also white ... guess that means there's just more white girls around in England...

I'd say it's less about race then it is about nationality these days .. I worked with loads of chinese girls but they were all born in the UK and grew up here and it wasn't anything special

I usually find mixed race girls the most attractive, they seem to get something special from each race .. half white and half east asian girls I've met have all be seriously hot!!!

BTW what's Jessica Alba? I've never quite figured it out but she's hot!!
  • Options
    I could´n care less about races. If a gir lis hot, she´s hot.
  • Options
    Ok Taxi, save your opinions for the inter-species thread please.
  • Options
    lil_kazzy wrote:
    I've never been with anyone who wasn't white. Which is hardly surprising. Was looking at the 2001 census results for Aberdeen and only 4% of people in Aberdeen were from outside of Europe.
    That must be everyone from upstairs in Espionage plus the people in the "free" RGU labs.
  • Options
    Havent read whole of this discussion - but i wouldnt mind dating a black guy - or any other race - as long as they r my type (which also applies to white guys) then y not? Good thoughts! :p
  • Options
    I don't generally find non-white girls sexy, but that doesn't mean I don't find them attractive. There are some I think are sexy, Alicia Keys wouldn't get kicked out of bed for farting, but I generally find white girls only sexy.

It's not about racism, it's about what you like.
  • Options
    So would you say your racial preferences match with your broader physical preferences? So for example, if you were into petite women, you would likely also be into asian women, because overall (or at least in the media image), they are smaller? Whereas, perhaps if you were into more curvy girls, you would be more likely to find black or latin girls attractive due to the media image (which probably does has some basis in reality). Similarly, if you were into tall girls with sexy, long legs, the media image of scandanavian girls might tempt you to single that race out as the one you find more attractive.

I have to say this probably matches with what I find attractive. I prefer shorter, petite girls, and I have to say, I do find asian girls attractive. On the other hand, there are plenty of scandanavian supermodels who I know are really attractive, but they aren't the type I'd go for (as sure as I am that I'm their type :rolleyes: ). Of the black girls that I like, they tend to be the shorter, petite ones. I think Christina Milian is super sexy, and she has similar qualities as other girls I like (short, petite, small cute nose, nice small, but perfectly formed bum......okay, I'll stop). Beyonce, on the other hand, as hot as she is, isn't my type, because I don't tend to go for curvy types.

As I'm sure everyone has their 'types' I wonder whether they corrospond to what 'type' is prominant in different races. Is there anyone who likes tall, leggy blondes, but doesn't find scandanavians attractive, or likes petite girls, but isn't into asians? Is there anyone who thinks I'm over analysing this?
  • Options

BTW what's Jessica Alba? I've never quite figured it out but she's hot!!

"My parents, My father is Mexican-American and Spanish, my mother is Danish, I see myself as an American."

From:http://www.latinoreview.com/films_2003/universal/honey/jessica-interview.html