Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why????

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    I used to use drugs for a number of reasons, mainly peer pessure, curosity and relaxation. I wont touch them any more, I've seen what long term drug abuse does do people, and its really not pretty.

It really doesnt help mental health problams such as depression either.
    in ten percent of those who use.
    fortunatlyy for me ...i have been in the the ninety percent of no harm whatsoever for the last nearly forty years ...so there. :p
  • Options
    It really doesnt help mental health problams such as depression either.

Some drugs can, for some people. I went through a period of doing coke and e regularly, left me completely drained and depressed - and i'm not the depressive type.

Cannabis was a great cure and has been a great friend of mine for years.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Spliffie wrote:
    Some drugs can, for some people. I went through a period of doing coke and e regularly, left me completely drained and depressed - and i'm not the depressive type.

Cannabis was a great cure and has been a great friend of mine for years.

:yes:

Although quite the opposite for me. Ecstasy allowed me to beecome far more confident, whilst weed made me too paranoid.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    :yes:

Although quite the opposite for me. Ecstasy allowed me to beecome far more confident, whilst weed made me too paranoid.

Yeah...when i first started doing coke and e...i realised people's reception to me was far better...so it improves your social skills...then i lost all motivation, became totally paranoid.

Would stand to reason being paranoid would fuck up my weed trips...but i'm somehow in total control of the drug. Never get paranoid on it...and the rare occasions i do...i look at it like an adventure.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Spliffie wrote:
    Yeah...when i first started doing coke and e...i realised people's reception to me was far better...so it improves your social skills...then i lost all motivation, became totally paranoid.

Would stand to reason being paranoid would fuck up my weed trips...but i'm somehow in total control of the drug. Never get paranoid on it...and the rare occasions i do...i look at it like an adventure.

That's the thing with drugs. Each to their own.

I will always consider ecstasy the most enjoyable drug I've ever taken, but I have used it too much and it's become a little boring.

For years weed has made me paranoid, made me think too much, and I hardly ever indulge anymore.

Crack and Acid still remain very apealling to me however, but that's probably because I use them the least.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    and for those who feel cannabis may have been a gateway in ...it has been the ultimate gateway out of ...all other drugs for me.