Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Narnia

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    See I have't seen Harry Potter, but that Krum chum can make me cum. Mmhmm.

You can so tell I've had this convo on many-a fan sites for Harry Potter etc Oh the shame.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    He grew up down the road from me apparently, RAGIN! He's only 4 years older. :(

I'd like him to kidnap me. Sigh.

Is he the guy from Drumchapel?

I really want to see Narnia. The school I'm in for my placement are going to see it on the 20th but dunno if I want to go see it when i'm havng to look after a bunch of kids. Wouldn't be able to enjoy it.
  • Options
    pinkstar wrote:
    Is he the guy from Drumchapel?

I really want to see Narnia. The school I'm in for my placement are going to see it on the 20th but dunno if I want to go see it when i'm havng to look after a bunch of kids. Wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

Yes! But IMDB says Scotstoun. :/
  • Options
    The movie was really good, really well made and thought it stuck to the books really well,

I will deffinately go see the others if/when they make them.

the movie didn't seem to miss out anything, a small few things which would seem insignificent, was really enjoyable to watch and would defo buy it on dvd
    I was however suprised with the amount of violence for a PG, although i suppose there was no blood.

Overall one of the best book - movie conversations i've seen for along while, Definately better than the Harry potter book - movie converstions.
  • Options
    Was the BBC series animated?

I remember watching a cartoon version of the LW&W and also seeing it in the Theatre with my school - it sticks in my mind cos the scenary got stuck and there was this shelf from the top that woudn't go back up so even when they were in the freezing outdoors there was still this shelf hovering in mid air .. was quite funny at the time
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Not a bad flick at all. :thumb:
  • Options
    I watched it on Friday night. I wouldnt say I didn't like it, I wasnt bored or anything but I definitely wouldnt go again. It was ok but nothing special.

Harry Potter was WELL better.

eta: I think the little girl who plays Lucy in it is dead cute and a really good actress for her age!
  • Options
    Before I went my mate told me the little girl who played Lucy was gonna be shit but I thought she was good, so cute!
  • Options
    I watched it on Friday night. I wouldnt say I didn't like it, I wasnt bored or anything but I definitely wouldnt go again. It was ok but nothing special.

Harry Potter was WELL better.

eta: I think the little girl who plays Lucy in it is dead cute and a really good actress for her age!

How can be harry potter better if it missed out half of the important parts of the plot,

how do they expect to make order of the phoenix while missing out half of goblet of fire
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hellfire wrote:
    How can be harry potter better if it missed out half of the important parts of the plot,

how do they expect to make order of the phoenix while missing out half of goblet of fire

Its a film, ffs. They'll miss out anything they want, it doesn't have to make sense if people will go and see it.

And let's face it, the newer books are fucking huge. And at least it's getting better... but with a book that big, they should jsut make the films longer, instead of missing it out.

But the Film Industry do tend to do it, sadly.
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote:
    me too... Aslan had a sexy voice too. God, I need to start living in the real world!!
    Aslan was voiced by Liam Neeson. That could explain it.
    Was the BBC series animated?
    No. It was live action. I remember it fondly.

The film utterly rules. You can see the influence LOTR and Harry Potter have had, though.
    Spotted a mistake right at the start though. On the Great Western train, you could see a British Railways crest on the locomotive tender. This was meant to be during world war 2. BR didn't exist until 1948. Oops.
  • Options
    I just watched narnia. It was ok :D
  • Options
    noog wrote:
    I just watched narnia. It was ok :D
    *cough*download*cough*
  • Options
    *cough*download*cough*

*cough*copied photoshop user*cough*
  • Options
    Not yet...
  • Options
    Whats Narnia like then? I only ever seen the old tv version, never read the books you see. So is it better then Harry Potter?
  • Options
    i thought it was better than HP. but i've never read the HP books, just seen the films. and i absolutely loved narnia as a kid...
  • Options
    It was alright, but I preferred the original.