Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

it's winter so ladies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
why are some of you still wearing skirts - it's freezing fully dressed as it

down tottenham court road i saw a lady in a tshirt showing her midriff and its like 4 degrees :s are they mad!?

just silliness, it's temperatures no human can survive naked without as much hair :lol:

Comments

• Options
    I don't wear skirts generally so I'm nice and toasty warm thanks. Gloves, scarf and big socks the whole way at winter!
  • Options
    I don't wear skirts generally so I'm nice and toasty warm thanks. Gloves, scarf and big socks the whole way at winter!

glad to see theres some sense, might just be a stupid london thing
  • Options
    i haven't worn a skirt this autumn/winter yet! i doubt i will 'cause my nice cosy boots hurt my feet now. last year i wore them loads, generally with jeans and not a skirt 'cause it's cold.

why are the boys wearing t-shirts with a scarf? :p
  • Options
    Skirts can be warm you know...
  • Options
    What skirts have you got that are warm, Kermit? :chin:

Cos they're cool, innit. Oh and so hardcore, they don't feel the cold!
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Skirts can be warm you know...

i'd like to know how you know, especially at this time of year especially

i swear some girls dont feel the cold below their thighs :s
  • Options

Same here, unless I'm going somewhere where I have to wear a dress or skirt, but then I make sure I only have to walk from my frontdoor to the car and then from the car to the entrance.

I can't understand those girls who are still wearing short skirts and showing off there mid drift. It's madeness.
  • Options
    i still wear skirts... stick on a pair of tights or boots and you're sorted! although i don't wear ridiculously short ones like i may do in the summer.. but just because it's winter doesn't mean they can't be worn and be warm!
  • Options
    Atm i don't wear skirts, summer or winter.
  • Options
    my skirts wouldn't keep me warm! unless i wore tights under 'em.
  • Options
    I always wear skirts, I haven't got much choice as I only have 1 pair of trousers and they are a smart interview-type pair. With my warm cosy boots and thick tights. Mainly because I'm more comfortable that way.
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote:
    i still wear skirts... stick on a pair of tights or boots and you're sorted! although i don't wear ridiculously short ones like i may do in the summer.. but just because it's winter doesn't mean they can't be worn and be warm!

Skirts can be warm, but at the moment I don't have any winter skirts, all mine are made out of thin/light material. I use to have a really nice winter skirt I can't remember what it was made out of though but it was really warm.
  • Options
    Skirts in the winter is madness! I hardly wear mine anyway, but diffinatley not in this weather. Its worse when you see school kids wearing belts in this weather.
  • Options
    patterned tights are trendy so its all good :thumb:
  • Options
    i wear skirts on a night out. i drink before i leave the house and then i get taxis everywhere so its not a problem.

i also wear miniskirts during the day with tights and boots. its actually just as warm as jeans because i wear a big coat too :p when im spending a day in uni in lectures etc, wearing a skirt isn't a big deal.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i wear skirts on a night out. i drink before i leave the house and then i get taxis everywhere so its not a problem.

i hate it when it starts getting cold, i really don't like wearing trousers out i feel strange! i should start warming myself up with alcohol before i leave. :yes:
  • Options
    i only wear skirts with tights if its winter, and then thats only for going out - not for daytime wear.
  • Options
    I wear skirts every day for work, normally with tights and knee boots or flat shoes. Its not that cold.
  • Options
    I rarely wear a skirt, if I do it is usually on a night out, or just in the summer.

There are some girls at my school who are wearing mini skirts despite the cold. Although it's mainly just all the slappers.
  • Options
    i wear a short skirt, with thigh high boots that keep my legs warm. And btw "My short skirt is not an invitation..."- V. Monologues
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    i wear a short skirt, with thigh high boots that keep my legs warm. And btw "My short skirt is not an invitation..."- V. Monologues

you wouldn't wear that outside though, surely? *shivers*
  • Options

My name is Sally at the weekend.

No, seriously, the wife wears skirts in winter. They've invented these things called tights you know...
  • Options
    lol. I borrowed that skirt actually but, no you're right I wouldn't wear a skirt that short with bare legs in the winter. I would wear it with big boots or tights though, if I were warm enough.
  • Options
    But tights are ultra rank. With the exception of dance classes, I've not worn a pair since I was probably 6 years old. Even thin pantyhose are quite unapealing. The thing is, if you wear a skirt, the hint... deal with it.
  • Options
    you can get reall nice patterned tights though, like someone else said.
  • Options
    you can get reall nice patterned tights though, like someone else said.

Those are even worse! Bad in the 80s, worse now. Sometimes I feel so glad I never see anybody wear those around here.
  • Options
    Tights can hide a multitude of leg sins though. No-one can see my grotty legs when I wear black tights, which is great for me.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Those are even worse! Bad in the 80s, worse now. Sometimes I feel so glad I never see anybody wear those around here.

they're the thing over here apparantly! maybe you haven't seen any nice ones.
  • Options

i swear some girls dont feel the cold below their thighs :s
    A long skirt is definately warmer than trousers or jeans as it traps hot air between your legs. You really should try it!
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    A long skirt is definately warmer than trousers or jeans as it traps hot air between your legs. You really should try it!

This is so true. My mother has been telling me so for years, and I always laughed at the sheer absurdity of it all. However, I've recently discovered the truth, and shall therefore be long-skirted when I pleased year-round.

Shorter skirts with thick tights are great too, although ubiquitous at the mo.