Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

why do i feel dizzy when i get out of the bath?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you're slight you have less body mass, you have less blood volume, and you have less insulation. The blood pooling in your peripheries will therefore inevitably affect you more than a large rugger bugger. If you already have low blood pressure then a drop in blood pressure as you stand up is likely to make you lightheaded, and if you are used to a higher blood pressure, again the change can make you get this headrush.

Read the info. I didn't post it for my benefit. This thread has gone on far too long.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:

This thread has gone on far too long.
    but ...no one mentioned the chlorine in the water!

showers are usualy worse.

the water is almost atomised in a shower ...enbling the chlorine to break free as a gas ...a gas similar to nerve gas used in the first world war.
    good ventilation ...
  • Options
    but ...no one mentioned the chlorine in the water!

showers are usualy worse.

the water is almost atomised in a shower ...enbling the chlorine to break free as a gas ...a gas similar to nerve gas used in the first world war.
    good ventilation ...
    ah yes, in chemistry once we did an experiment and the teacher said not to bend over the tube because its releases chlorine as a gas
    smells awful and makes you feel abit weird too - but being a school we always have weak versions of chemicals so it probably wasn't too harmful
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    ah yes, in chemistry once we did an experiment and the teacher said not to bend over the tube because its releases chlorine as a gas
    smells awful and makes you feel abit weird too - but being a school we always have weak versions of chemicals so it probably wasn't too harmful
    if i knew where to start i'd try and find some kind of link for you..
    bathrooms ...especialy in colder weather are notoriously badly ventilated and the chlorine WILL effect you.
  • Options
    Chlorine gas is more likely to be released in hot water. As it escapes from the hot water it is released in the confined shower recess, especially one with poor ventilation. The longer the shower, the greater the concentration of chlorine gas in the air we breathe. The lethal concentration for ten minutes of exposure is about 600 ppm and it has been suggested that regularly taking hot showers with chlorinated water could pose a health risk.

http://www.therapure.com/cgi-bin/brand/display.cgi?sitename=health-essentials&page=aq-chlorine.htm
  • Options
    well im just running a bath now so we'll soon find out wont we?
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    yeh, can be quite dangerous, i know someone who fainted after coming out the bath and smashed his front teeth on the sink

if you feel dizzy regularly, have colder baths or leave the window open a bit so its not so steamy. But at this time of the year i cant imagine my soloutions being popular!

i use to have it but i got it every time i got up from sitting over 10 minutes, it was really werid but i put it down to not enought water. But i did acturly fainted in my kitchen witch is really dangerous and split my lip so be really careful
  • Options
    my bathroom is killing me!

all those cleaner bottles in there as well ...leaching out chlorine ...your bathroom is killing you!

i need councelling now!