Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Top Gear

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    he has been on 2 times . i think top gear dose get the giggles going but teares come frm Q.I
  • Options
    I like it. Jeremy Clarkson can be a bit of a pompus twat sometimes but generall good.
  • Options
    For once, I feel I must agree with rss in saying that Q.I. is awesome.

Jeremy Hardy is really funny - his comment about Stephen Hawking picking up radio interference from taxi cabs was particularly funny. Bill Bailey is always funny as is my old mate (I've met him and chatted to him for 5 minutes thus we = mates) Stephen Fry who is a superb chairman.
  • Options
    My god i'm shocked. That is the first time i have ever seen on Thesite boards Rss3000 actually making sense within a sentence. :thumbup:

Anyway, I loe top gear as i already said, Clarkson and indeed all the presenters are great. But surely The Stig is the real attraction? [/joke]

Fifth Gear is a more serious program and could be considered ok in its own right but it has NOTHING on Top Gear, look at it even rippping off the title of TG!
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    I find the sort one quite irritating. And those teeth make my eyes bleed.
    LMAO

Top Gear utterly rules. Jeremy Clarkson is my role model.
  • Options
    Richeh wrote:
    Fifth Gear is a more serious program and could be considered ok in its own right but it has NOTHING on Top Gear, look at it even rippping off the title of TG!
    The reason for the ripping off of the title is because the original Top Gear production team and most of the presenters (bar Clarkson, who had temporarily left the show at the time) upped sticks and moved to channel 5, but the BBC had the copyright on the Top Gear name. Someone at channel 5 doesn't have much of an imagination, hence the name.

Then the BBC brought back Clarkson to bring back Top Gear with the new studio format.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Richard May is a god really. :p
    Surely you mean Richard Hammond: "I am a driving God!"

Or possibly James May, the Bentley-owning floppy-haired one.
  • Options
    I love Top Gear.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Surely you mean Richard Hammond: "I am a driving God!"

Or possibly James May, the Bentley-owning floppy-haired one.

James, I was tired and its already being corrected!

James is my role model, he rocks.
    Richard is... amusing and quite cool. But his teeth job makes me cry.
  • Options
    Top Gear is a great show. I particularly love the videos. I swear they must have stolen half of the BBC wildlife documentary team, because the photography is amazing.
  • Options
    Top Gear was only good when it had the dream theam - Clarkson, Tiff Needel and Quentin Wilson.

After that it was shit and all this chat show bollocks now is shite.
  • Options
    Top gear is an awesome television show. It is interesting and entertaining, with a varied selection of content and a strong dollop of humor :).

Jeremy Clarkson - entertaining, amusing - perfect for the show. The other two presenters are very good in their own right, I wasn't too keen on James May at first but he's grown on me - he is himself, and I admire him for that.

Fifth Gear - Good show. Arguably more interesting than Top Gear, but less amusing, less viewer involvement. Less likely to feature in the chat you have down the pub during the week, but much more likely to make you think twice about buying a particular car. Tiff and Vicki can both drive well, and I'd listen to their comments on a vehicle over and above Jeremy Clarkson. They have some much more interesting articles - lamp-posts and sign-posts that crush when hit, rather than crushing your car; old-age airbags and whether they still work or not, etc, etc. The closest thing Top Gear has is whether an Exige can escape a Gunship, and can Jeremy Clarkson drive around in two cars and not get hit by sniper fire - amusing, but of no value whatsoever.

But... all said and done... if both were on at the same time, I'd watch Top Gear. No contest. Though I do make sure I'm in to watch 5th Gear when it's on :).
  • Options
    *clap* and now i can wach top gear over and over with this new telewest thing that lets u wach past shows yay all day everyday topgear .
  • Options
    Top Gear is total dump. Principally because of Jeremy Clarkson who is a complete dickhead.

Agreed. Not only a dickhead but a dangerous dickhead with a complete disregard for:

1) Road safety
    2) The environment
    3) Other people's opinions

Top gear should be taken off the BBC.
  • Options
    carlito wrote:

That makes three of us.

Top Gear is overrated - unfortunately.
  • Options
    top gear is awesome.

i have no interest in cars, but sometimes i will still make the effort to watch it, because it entertains me.
  • Options
    carlito wrote:
    Agreed. Not only a dickhead but a dangerous dickhead with a complete disregard for:

1) Road safety
    2) The environment
    3) Other people's opinions

Nope. This is precisely why it should stay on.