Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Credible alchohol

13»

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Russian Beer? I would imagine it to be immensly strong.

Best beer Ive ever had was probably Union. Can't get it here, amazingly. We need more European beers.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    I said mass-produced piss;)

Well thats rubbish, Stella is piss, its just entertainly violent and strong.

Duvel is good, or Leff, most of the Trapist beers are good too.
  • Options
    Kroney Blond is beautiful. Strong and lovely.

I tried some of that for the first time the other week, and I couldn't believe I'd found a Kronenbourg beer that was drinkable. It's really quite nice.

Theakston's would be a better brewer if they weren't owned by Scottish Courage.

THis is why I'm moving next door to one of the best independent brewers in the north :yes:
  • Options
    Has anyone mentioned San Miguel yet...it's nice.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    I tried some of that for the first time the other week, and I couldn't believe I'd found a Kronenbourg beer that was drinkable. It's really quite nice.

It's intresting. I wouldn't want to get pissed on it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Real ale is where its at.
  • Options
    So... I'm still in the blue. Hows the absesomething... green stuff and is it in ireland?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    So... I'm still in the blue. Hows the absesomething... green stuff and is it in ireland?

You mean Absinthe?

You can get pissy versions of it in most countries but that's the stuff without the wormwood which makes you hallucinate. In Eastern Europe you can get the real stuff and it's bloody lethal.
  • Options
    In Eastern Europe you can get the real stuff and it's bloody lethal.

I met some cool Norwegian blokes in Prague who told me about that countries particular brand of absinthe.

Basically they take the usual 90% proof stuff and add small glass shavings.

They are really small, so you dont choke, but the idea is they cut the inside of the throat when you drink so the alcohol goes straight into the bloodstream.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I chose not to try that stuff. The 70% proof stuff is bad enough, it really kills you. Getting it back into the country is always the fun part, but customs just don't really seem to care.

But yeah, real absinthe is just mental. Best drunk in moderation really, as very little is more than enough.

Does Slovakia still have it? I'd guess so, heading there soon. Probably just load up on Vodka mind, Absinthe is scary.
  • Options

As is this Russian beer from Petersburg whose name escapes me. You can get it in Bristol. Fuck, what's it called??

Blanc :p

And yes, Blanc is divine. It really reminds me of Um Bongo for some reason.

Deuchars :yum:
  • Options
    I met some cool Norwegian blokes in Prague who told me about that countries particular brand of absinthe.

Basically they take the usual 90% proof stuff and add small glass shavings.

They are really small, so you dont choke, but the idea is they cut the inside of the throat when you drink so the alcohol goes straight into the bloodstream.

A bit like Goldshlagger then?

Can't say I'm a fussy drinker, bottle of buck for a carryout and pints of tennents in the pub afterwards.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    turlough wrote:
    Can't say I'm a fussy drinker, bottle of White Lightning and tins of Tennents Super in the playground.

Irish Tramp.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Irish Tramp.

:lol:

Like the edit...haven't drank white lightening properly since I was 15 tbh (i.e. 3 Litre bottle) Cider is a bit stinking, magners or bulmers is alright for a pint though

Tenneants, it's pretty cheap so I don't mind

You all have to order a bottle of buckfast somehow...thats a mans drink :thumb:
  • Options

As is this Russian beer from Petersburg whose name escapes me. You can get it in Bristol. Fuck, what's it called??

i think you are probably thinking of Baltika, its ok, nothing special.

nicest lagers ive had ive been over towards the eastern europe parts of the world, krusovich, kozel, rebel, zelta and a few others. luckily you can now get some of these over here.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    :lol:

Like the edit...haven't drank white lightening properly since I was 15 tbh (i.e. 3 Litre bottle) Cider is a bit stinking, magners or bulmers is alright for a pint though

Tenneants, it's pretty cheap so I don't mind

You all have to order a bottle of buckfast somehow...thats a mans drink :thumb:

Buckie is for poor neds. In Scotland, anyway.
  • Options
    blonde beer is a great invention, when it goes off, many brands are usually cloudy anyway so you cant tell, and you sell it for a premium price, even if it has been filtered through your grannies old knickers
  • Options
    I was going to list the drinks I drink whilst I'm out but actually can't be bothered. This is a silly question obviously asked by someone who didn't want to order the 'wrong' drink whilst in a pub, which measn they shouldn't be in a pub.
  • Options
    I drink what i feel like drinking. if im out with guys and they dont like me drinking pints well thats there problem.

i have an awful tendency to drink to get drunk the night usuall includes beer, cocktails, wine then spirits and alcopops. i drink alcopops in clubs because i can dance easier with them i drown myself if im dancing with a glass.

my fave drinks at the mo are staropramen, morgans spice and dry ginger (yum really!) and black sambuca
  • Options
    I've got a sweet tooth, so I like Baileys, Tia Maria, Babysham, snakebite etc. Then at the other end, cheap cider or even whisky :D.

If I'm pushed I'll down some alcopops, but tbh I find them kinda hard to stomach.
  • Options
    Martini's b/c they are in a cute danty glass.