Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

shaven or not

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been wondering wether 2 shave my pussy or not, i want to know what boys think of the idea first before i go along and shave it bald. I would like opinions and suggestions off girls too, especially ones with experience. what should i do? :love:

Comments

• Options
    Shaving isn't for everyone, it can leave you with a nasty rash (as it did with me) and the upkeep can be difficult to maintain - especially as razors need to be pretty sharp etc.

I tend to get myself waxed now, have done so for years, I just prefer the way it feels, looks etc
  • Options
    thanx for the reply, do u wax fully?and what age did u start waxing or shaving your pubes at?
  • Options
    No, I have a Brazilian done (leaving a landing strip at the front. In all honesty, it reminds me of a strip of velcro but I'm not feeling brave enough to have it all off!)

Can't remember how old I was when it became a regular thing. Tried it out when I was 15 as an experiment. First and last time I shaved. Been having regular waxes since coming to London, for about 2 years now.
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    No, I have a Brazilian done (leaving a landing strip at the front. In all honesty, it reminds me of a strip of velcro but I'm not feeling brave enough to have it all off!)

Can't remember how old I was when it became a regular thing. Tried it out when I was 15 as an experiment. First and last time I shaved. Been having regular waxes since coming to London, for about 2 years now.

I've been wanting to have it done but am worried i'll feel really embarrased with the beauty therapist - do you have to take your underwear off - . i feel lame because it is that rather than the pain that is putting me off
  • Options
    Well, I have to, otherwise they'd get hot wax everywhere. It's really not that bad, they give you a couple of minutes to undress etc. They do that sort of thing for a living, and it's nothing they haven't seen before.

If you're ringing round, make sure they offer a proper Brazilian, e.g. front, undercarridge, arse etc because some places have different ideas of what makes a Brazilian. One woman I know thought she went for a Brazilian, and it was just a regular bikini wax, she didn't have to take any underwear off or anything.
  • Options
    Ok, and can I ask something else - when they go out of the room do u have to take everything below the waist off, or can you just wear a skirt and pull it up - dont really want to shock a poor woman with my poor waxing etiquette
  • Options
    I take everything below the waist off, because I don't want wax etc getting on my trousers (and I've never worn a skirt there) but I don't see why it should be a problem. When I went for my first appointment, they talked me through everything to make me comfortable so don't worry about doing things the right or wrong way!
  • Options
    Ok cool thanx for that :thumb:
  • Options
    Where do you go Go Away? Sorry just as youre place sounds cool it might save me hunting all of london for one of my own :D
  • Options
    I go to Otylia's at the Greenhouse on Wigmore St - it's behind Selfridges. It ain't cheap though. My friend goes to a great place in Clapham, all for £10.
  • Options
    You know what... i feel for women who have to go through that...

A little while ago I had a hernia operation... the incision what quite low, so they made me shave alot of my pubes off...

Thing is, they just put me in a room on my own with a sink and a razor... nothing else...

No shaving cream... nothing!!

It hurt so bad!! I looked at it just before I went in for the op and there were loads of little blood spots everywhere!

I think I blocked up the sink too! :blush:

Oh and off the subject... I acidently put my gown on the wrong way... I walked out and had to walk across the ward very nearly exposing myself :lol:

The nurse corrected me!
  • Options
    my girl has shaven pussy but it feels horrible when u touch around it its like a spotty thing
  • Options
    If you do it, do it for yourself not because you think somebody else will like it.

I'm completely shaven. I like the feeling, it feels clean to me. Some people like it, others don't. After I shave [just with a household razor, I'm hardcore :cool:] I use a bit of moisturiser on it. I've never had trouble with rashes/ingrown hairs.
  • Options
    I agree that lads too should have to make this effort. the first few times are dead itchy but after that its fine.
  • Options
    if you want to do it then do it! Jeeze! what's it got to do with anyone else. I have a full bush - if some bloke complained I'd tell him to get on his bike! I have good self esteem!
  • Options
    id b to scared in cause i cut myself to do it
  • Options
    id always thought that I would prefer a shaven pussy. But my ex gf used to have a brush but it was cut down. And her pussy just feels so much better than the people who i have been recently who are shaved. I feel strange to say it, but even to lick.
  • Options
    I think that its better shaved. You can feel everything more, and its more sensitive. I'd def recommend, plus all the guys i have been with prefered it and i think generally they do...!
    Altho, its up to you to do what you like. Its not like you have to make a choice and stick with it forver, just do it, if you dont like it, let it grow back! :)
  • Options
    go_away wrote:

If you're ringing round, make sure they offer a proper Brazilian, e.g. front, undercarridge, arse etc because some places have different ideas of what makes a Brazilian. One woman I know thought she went for a Brazilian, and it was just a regular bikini wax, she didn't have to take any underwear off or anything.

i went for my first brazilian the other month..she left me the little landing strip bit but then only got rid of half of it on the bikini line bit..i was under the impression they did it all! she also did some of the undercarriage but didn't do a very good job. i got to leave my knickers on. my friends who also go there get all of the hair from the bikini line area done so don't know why i didn't! also one of them didn't get the option of the undercarriage.
  • Options
    MBSH wrote:
    I have been wondering wether 2 shave my pussy or not, i want to know what boys think of the idea first before i go along and shave it bald. I would like opinions and suggestions off girls too, especially ones with experience. what should i do? :love:

I think something like an upside down triangle shape is nice, all neatly trimmed but with the hair long enough to tease it with your fingers
  • Options
    I remove the hairs that would poke out of fairly skimpy underwear or a swim cossie with a razor. I think I look and feel like a plucked chicken with no hairs!
  • Options
    I prefer a girl to have a bit of hair. Bald or a jungle isn't really that much of a turn on.
  • Options
    Lovely Tom.

Original poster. Up to you obviously but I will say this much from a bloke point of view. It's a hell of a lot easier to give oral sex to a girl if it's shaved or at least neatly cropped.

Shaving can be a pain if you have sensitive skin so if it does irritate, as go_away says, waxing is a very good option or so Mrs. T tells me.
  • Options
    In all honesty i do not mind the 70's look of au natural.
    But shaven bald is ok too.
    So i guess i am an in between guy, trimmed down but not totaly bald.
  • Options
    Shaven :yes:
  • Options
    I have to shave for work but I dont mind, I quite like it to be fair. It makes sex a lot cleaner and there's no 'hair in the mouth' moments!!

but I think it's obvious from reading all the posts that you just gotta do what you fancy, if you dont like it let it grow back - it wont take long. Everyone's different and you'll never know what's best for you unless you try a few things first.
  • Options
    i think that you should do it.
    I've done it for ages now, most blokes i know prefer it.
    I love it, so much more sensitive.
    Def would say DO IT!!
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    I prefer a girl to have a bit of hair. Bald or a jungle isn't really that much of a turn on.

My bf is the same he like it to be trimed and tidy, god that makes it sound like a garden bush :lol:
  • Options
    ok, this is really embarassing, but is it normal for girls to have a bit of hair around their bum hole? :blush:
  • Options
    ok, this is really embarassing, but is it normal for girls to have a bit of hair around their bum hole? :blush:

I would believe it is as I have a little around mine.