You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Worried.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, So I'm a girl, and I'm 15.
I started my period 2 years ago. I was never really regular, getting it every 2-3 months or so, but now, it's been at least 6-7 months since I last had it. I'm still a virgin, so I can't be pregnant.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Your periods will certainly take a few years to settle down into a regular cycle and some women can go up to 6 weeks between and be normal.

However, because you have started your periods and now haven't had one for 7 months, I think you would be wise to see your GP because you technically have secondary amenorrhoea. Info - click
  • **helen****helen** Mod malarkist Posts: 9,235 Boards Champion
    Hi Silverdrops,

There could be several reasons why your period is late/irregular which have nothing to do with pregnancy.

Have a look at this article on missed periods to find out more about the different reasons.

Take care ;)
    Kentish wrote:
    Your periods will certainly take a few years to settle down into a regular cycle and some women can go up to 6 weeks between and be normal.

However, because you have started your periods and now haven't had one for 7 months, I think you would be wise to see your GP because you technically have secondary amenorrhoea. Info - click

I agree with Kentish, last year I had secondary amenorrhoea and only had a period every three months, (this only lasted 6 months) as I was 20 I was worried so i went to the doctors and the did various tests, you will be asked to provide a urine sample and they will take some blood to check your hormonie levels and to see how your orgains such as the liver and kindeys are working. Have you lost a lot of wieght in the last month or so? As that was the reason why they decided that my periods had stopped, which was caused by stress.
    It took 4/5 years for my periods to become regular.
    When I had my first period...a year and a half later I had my second. I was your age too. :) Periods are a pain in the ass. Only till I went onto the pill have mine been controlled and predictable. They will become regular but will take a while as your body is still developing and plays up more. :)