Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Worried.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, So I'm a girl, and I'm 15.
I started my period 2 years ago. I was never really regular, getting it every 2-3 months or so, but now, it's been at least 6-7 months since I last had it. I'm still a virgin, so I can't be pregnant.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Your periods will certainly take a few years to settle down into a regular cycle and some women can go up to 6 weeks between and be normal.

However, because you have started your periods and now haven't had one for 7 months, I think you would be wise to see your GP because you technically have secondary amenorrhoea. Info - click
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi Silverdrops,

There could be several reasons why your period is late/irregular which have nothing to do with pregnancy.

Have a look at this article on missed periods to find out more about the different reasons.

Take care ;)
    Kentish wrote:
    Your periods will certainly take a few years to settle down into a regular cycle and some women can go up to 6 weeks between and be normal.

However, because you have started your periods and now haven't had one for 7 months, I think you would be wise to see your GP because you technically have secondary amenorrhoea. Info - click

I agree with Kentish, last year I had secondary amenorrhoea and only had a period every three months, (this only lasted 6 months) as I was 20 I was worried so i went to the doctors and the did various tests, you will be asked to provide a urine sample and they will take some blood to check your hormonie levels and to see how your orgains such as the liver and kindeys are working. Have you lost a lot of wieght in the last month or so? As that was the reason why they decided that my periods had stopped, which was caused by stress.
    It took 4/5 years for my periods to become regular.
    When I had my first period...a year and a half later I had my second. I was your age too. :) Periods are a pain in the ass. Only till I went onto the pill have mine been controlled and predictable. They will become regular but will take a while as your body is still developing and plays up more. :)