Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hey good-looking!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    It was just a bit odd when the 17-year-old lass in the sandwich shop was doing it.

She wasn't eyeing you up, she was just startled about how tired and ickly you looked ;)
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    She wasn't eyeing you up, she was just startled about how tired and ickly you looked ;)

That's what the wife said too:(

:crying:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    That's what the wife said too:(

:crying:
    aaw, maybe she likes men in suits?
  • Options
    Not at all.

It's always good to know people have wonderful taste.
  • Options
    I love getting compliments, from anyone, I just dont get them that often.
  • Options
    Compliments............what are they :(
  • Options
    hey, a compliment's a compliment. as long as it's sincere and not fished, it's worth something.

:thumb:
  • Options
    i work in a bar and i always get chatted up by old drunk men :( the young ones do it sometimes too but i dont believeit when they do it....

not that i believe old guys....but.....er....i dotn believe any good looking young men could be attracted to me :eek2:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    If anyone at all said I was good looking I'd be flattered. Especially if it was a woman, but not necessarily I guess.

But such a thing never has happened... The only person who I remember ever saying I look good was my mum. In fact, a few weeks ago a group of 14 year old girls said I was ugly... Ouch.
  • Options
    id be well happy, if its off my mates i take it as you look better than you usually do, but thats just cos im miserable lol
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    Compliments............what are they :(

Workie Ticket:)
  • Options
    I wouldnt mind it too, www.pinbuddy.com
  • Options
    im happy to receive compliments from anybody, but y`know, when its all the time, it can get tiresome :P
  • Options
    My mom tells me I'm pretty, but thats becasue I look identical to her :p Other than that... compliments are always embaressing though.
  • Options
    i'd be flattered, kinda chuffed actually. Everyone wants to be told they're attractive, its just natural to enjoy feeling better than others
  • Options
    Better to be told your hot than not.
  • Options
    But ask yourselves. When someone says you're good looking, do you believe it yourself? Or do you, like me, say "thank you" but feel a little embarrassed and not quite sure whether to believe it?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    But ask yourselves. When someone says you're good looking, do you believe it yourself? Or do you, like me, say "thank you" but feel a little embarrassed and not quite sure whether to believe it?
    errr, I believe them. If they didnt mean it, then they wouldnt say it.
    Its subjective anyway.
  • Options
    Apperantly the drunker I am, the hotter I am, thats when the few compliments come.
    Though when the very rare compliment does come, I say, "heh" give a look similar to :/ and don't believe it.
  • Options
    im happy to receive compliments from anybody, but y`know, when its all the time, it can get tiresome :P

I feel your pain:)
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I feel your pain:)
    I know, I know. Its not easy being a sex symbol is it?
  • Options
    I know, I know. Its not easy being a sex symbol is it?
    Not letting compliments go to your head then? :p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Not letting compliments go to your head then? :p
    LOL.
    in all seriousness. I have a bit of an issue sometimes. I spent so long at school being told i was ugly, would never get a boyfriend etc, then when I left school, i kind of blossomed a bit and started getting attention, but it still took me ages to believe it when people said i was attractive, and still sometimes I think people are taking the piss, but im getting more and more confident, and now its at the point where at least I know im not a minger and can actually gratefully receive compliments and appreciate it.
  • Options
    in all seriousness. I have a bit of an issue sometimes. I spent so long at school being told i was ugly, would never get a boyfriend etc, then when I left school, i kind of blossomed a bit and started getting attention, but it still took me ages to believe it when people said i was attractive, and still sometimes I think people are taking the piss, but im getting more and more confident, and now its at the point where at least I know im not a minger and can actually gratefully receive compliments and appreciate it.
    Kids can be so cruel, can't they? If you're good-looking, they try and drag you down. If you're clever, they try and drag you down. If you're successful... well, you get the idea.
  • Options

*nod*
    Kindof know what you mean :)
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Kids can be so cruel, can't they? If you're good-looking, they try and drag you down. If you're clever, they try and drag you down. If you're successful... well, you get the idea.

I wasnt good looking at school though, I was a complete munter. dodgy teeth, dodgy haircut, big ugly glasses, spots etc.
  • Options
    I wasnt good looking at school though, I was a complete munter. dodgy teeth, dodgy haircut, big ugly glasses, spots etc.
    Sounds like me. A few weeks ago, I showed nicebutdim23 a picture of me at school. I looked like a reject from the Beatles. Gave her a bloody good laugh, though!
  • Options

I was awful at school too. Same things, pretty much.

People actually said they were amazed when I got a girlfriend. I didn't believe anyone fancied me until I did get one, and I still have trouble believing it sometimes.

I still cringe whenever I see pictures of myself from school. I won't let the wife see them.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I still cringe whenever I see pictures of myself from school. I won't let the wife see them.
    Me neither!!!!
    in 9 years i dont think i let my ex husband see a school photo, and im unsure about whether to let new guy see one. Just makes me feel anxious. Im funny about whether to show him pics of me when id just had Lenny too, as i got so big and fat.
  • Options
    I'm actually ashamed of them. Rather pathetic, I know, but I am.

I know she wouldn't care, but I do. I did look a complete twat.