Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

lottery winner

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd give money to family, friends and charity, a big house, car, a big holiday and lots of drugs.

I'd invest alot of it and be making money while i'm spending away going nuts.

If only i did the lotto maybe i could actually win, someone wins.
  • Options
    id phone up a financial advisor and tell him i dont wanna spend it for 5 years, and what can i do with it. then id hide it away somewhere, get my maths degree, come out of uni and use it to fund my actuarial studies, and then buy some property on the side.
  • Options
    id phone up a financial advisor and tell him i dont wanna spend it for 5 years, and what can i do with it. then id hide it away somewhere, get my maths degree, come out of uni and use it to fund my actuarial studies, and then buy some property on the side.

You'd become an accountant if you won the lottery? :eek2: Thats an interesting choice...
  • Options
    I'd give 10% to charity firstly. Then depending on how much the win was I'd buy a nice flat in London and a big villa on the beach in California. Whatever was left would be put in savings to get interest or on shares. Nice planning what I'd do with it but it's so, so unlikely and I only play occasionally anyway.
  • Options
    move to canada and then i would have 8billion and just be even more happy and get a cat mabe and a dog and buy in to island records cos some of my fave bands are with them (fightstar)
  • Options
    I'd give 10% to charity firstly. Then depending on how much the win was I'd buy a nice flat in London and a big villa on the beach in California. Whatever was left would be put in savings to get interest or on shares. Nice planning what I'd do with it but it's so, so unlikely and I only play occasionally anyway.

So you'd just go, ok then, I've won the lottery, lets sign a £400,000 cheque to the RSPCA? Not saying thats not a charitable idea, just saying that since all the proceeds of the national lottery go to charity anyway... *shrugs*
  • Options
    i would:

- pay off my parents' debts and pay their morgage and all that jazz
    - pay for my brother to go to uni
    - pay for my sister to go to drama college
    - give money to my school (unit for kids with health problems which has no money for anything)
    - take the rest with me to africa where i could spend it helping people build better lives for themselves.
  • Options
    With £4 million, my lifestyle wouldnt change drastically.

Finish uni, buy a nice flat in the west end of glasgow or maybe edinburgh, possibly learn to drive, travel a bit...

Would give some to my parents, and help out some people i know struggling with finance etc...

probably donate about a 1/4 to charity.
  • Options
    I bought a ticket for last nights lotto, for no particular reason other than myself and a friend decided to get one.

I got one number..

:/