Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What would the hidden cameras at your job catch you doing?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Personally, I do a lot of dumb stuff while at work (and also when I'm not at work) but if there were hidden cameras at my job they would probably catch me dancing a lot-- and saying 'work it, work it, worrk it' while I dance. I don't really know why I do this-I just do?

what about you all?

Comments

• Options
    Day dreaming.

Or drinking coffee.
  • Options
    Scratching my balls and generally pissing about on the internet. Like at the moment, I have a lot of PHP to code but I simply can't be fucked.
  • Options
    Um nothing particularly out of the ordinary for my job tbh. I'm not really in a place to do much random crap as I serve people..and that would not make a good impression :/
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't have a job, but I'll say I'm very lucky there are no hidden cameras in my house...

...that I know of... /me looks around scaredly
  • Options
    yeh I'm all paranoid now ;[ grrr

I knew I shouldn't have looked at this thread.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Sleeping.
  • Options
    Looking for hidden cameras :nervous:
  • Options
    Well, drinking at my desk, sleeping, generally fucking about in the office. Me and one of the boys tend to have a race from one end of the call centre to the other which is fun.

We are a law unto ourselves over night, since I'm the shift leader too :D haha

And obviously wanking if the toilets had cameras.
  • Options
    And obviously wanking if the toilets had cameras.

Someone at school got caught.. teacher walked in... sick. But we all laughed... what'd they put on detention form?
  • Options
    Sleeping. Laughing and swearing on (far too many) internal calls. Emailing. Dancing.
  • Options
    Wanking gets you detention? What kind of totalitarian schools ya got over there?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Hiding from work, sending stupid emails and phone calls across the office going "HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLAWWW", abusing my Polish collegue, printing off coursework on the work printers, deleting customers emails, etc...
  • Options
    i know where all the cameras are, as i often use them to snoop on staff at the end of the night when the customers have left and they are cleaning up
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Someone at school got caught.. teacher walked in... sick. But we all laughed... what'd they put on detention form?

I find it somewhat disturbing that the teacher walked into the toilet cubical to be honest.
  • Options
    Scratching my nose and drinking lots of tea.

But my boss knows I do that anyway, and is happy. So long as I make him tea too.
  • Options
    Surfing the net far too much...although my manager doesn't care as he regularly walks past and sees that.

Singing and dancing to the music...that shouldn't really be on my works laptop.

Those little kisses and hugs with my fella when no ones looking.

Planning holidays, talking about peacocks (like now) and generally nothing at all.

Other general skiving techniques....but then as long as the tasks I have to do get done each week no one cares if I even turn up really so it's all allowed.
  • Options
    Day dreaming and forgetting what I was in the middle of. Followed by the odd five minutes of trying to look like I'm doing something before I remember what it was I was doing.
  • Options
    pinching strawberry out of the fridge...dressing fights...water fights...fag breaks all the time...actually ive been caught doing most of that lol
  • Options
    Sitting on here, coloring and making paper snowflakes.

My favorite pastime being taking post it notes and a see thru pen and coloring them solid and seeing just how quick I can make the ink run out.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    I find it somewhat disturbing that the teacher walked into the toilet cubical to be honest.
    Was in the Urinal mate.
  • Options
    Erm well work at a supermarket, probs catch me lobbing stuff that people have left behind on the checkouts in random places as i can't be arsed to find where there meant to go. Lazy i know but i don't care.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Was in the Urinal mate.
    my god that guy deserved to be caught. Did he not think to go in the cubicle?!? what a loser.
  • Options
    there are cameras everywhere in my work

they generally catch me dancing, stealing pop from the pump when im only allowed water, eating the snacks as i put them in bowls to give to coustomers, sneakily checking my mobile. doing a hell of a lot of nothink

thats about it im generally very good at work :D
  • Options
    my god that guy deserved to be caught. Did he not think to go in the cubicle?!? what a loser.

Or just wait until he got home?!
  • Options
    They would discover why they keep having to call out HP to repair the photocopier.
  • Options
    Fuller wrote:
    They would discover why they keep having to call out HP to repair the photocopier.

lmao, been making dodgy copies eh?

It amuses me Andrew, that you've been here so long, yet have like the lowest post count ever. In your case it really should be quality not quantity.
  • Options
    not showing up.
  • Options
    not showing up.
    :lol:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    Scratching my nose and drinking lots of tea.

But my boss knows I do that anyway, and is happy. So long as I make him tea too.
    You should be glad he doesn't make you scratch his nose as well.
  • Options
    Using my mobile phone when I shouldn't be.

Talking to staff on their breaks when I should be doing work.

Generally, me skiving.

Funny you should mention a mobile phone and I should mention hidden cameras-well actually not that funny. My job doesn't have hidden cameras but they do track your internet use-doh! ---so as I was spending an hour playing this damn texting game at www.textfast.t9.com (dont play it at work apparently) they were tracking my productivity or lack there of. You know I much prefer written warnings to verbal ones--at least you dont have to sit there---new thread idea!!!