Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Experienced/Inexperienced

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you prefer a new partner to be experienced or inexperienced in the bedroom department and why.

Personally I prefer inexperienced. I find that people with little/no previous experience are far more willing to be guided and learn how to please you thus ending in far better lovers. I've had 2 guys who've known exactly how I like to be pleased, one being my ex finace and one the guy I'm with now. Both had little to no experience but turned out to be fantastic lovers.

I've also been with guys with loads of experience and they've been crap in bed, unwilling to change their normal techniques becuase obviously they were tried and tested. The fact that every womans different and they didn't work for me didn't seem to matter.

I'm not saying that every guy I've been with who was experienced was crap but I woulnd't put any above average. Also not saying that all the inexperienced guys I've been with have turned out to be brilliant lovers...just an overall comparison of both.

So on to the final question...do we all become too confident in our sexual abilities with practice and stop listening and wanting to learn to become better. Or is it just that habits are hard to break and once we have something we find works it's very difficult to change that.

Comments

• Options
    inexperienced.

guys who put it about usually think they know EXACTLY what girls like, and they won't be told any different.

if they've not been about much, you can teach them exactly how you like them to do everything, and they listen. it's a beautiful thing.
  • Options
    That's a tough one. My exboyfriend was inexperienced, so when he tried to pleasure me and knew he could be doing it wrong, he did let me guide him and in no time he was getting even better.

But then experience is good as well. I'm going with this guy for casual sex, simply cause it's more fun. I feel that when I was with my ex, he was too shy to ask me for things and so can I. But with the experienced guy, whatever he asks, I'm always up for doing. He kinda brings it outta me. WHich makes the sex even more exciting. He does lack on the whole being patient in trying to stimualte my clit to help me orgasm. So I have to do that meself usually.

Awk I like both for different reasons.
  • Options
    Every woman I've ever slept with has had more sexual partners than me. They seem to like that - and frankly, so do I. It means I don't look stupid when I say "but I don't know how to do that". They're more than willing to show you! :naughty:
  • Options
    Experienced. I have bailed out with "I'm sorry, I don't do virgins"

I might be prepared to deal with inexperience as part of a long-lasting loving relationship, but otherwise it just isn't worth it.

IMHO, of course
  • Options
    I dont think its a matter of experience VS inexperience....surely its your attitude that makes you a good lover?
    Even if you've slept with a 1000 people, if your willing to learn and listen and so on, your vast experience obviously hasnt made you a bad lover....

But to answer the question, id probably have to side with experience as i would find it awkward and a tad uncomfy being the guiding hand. I prefer to be on an equal footing with my sexual partner...not that you actually have a choice in it i guess, but in an ideal world...etc etc
  • Options
    I prefer inexperienced men. its always nice exploring the unknown.
  • Options
    Er, probably experienced. My first two partners where inexperienced, and so the sex was always not as 'freeflowing' as it might have been. Then I met my current boyfriend, who had slept with 6 before me, and the sex was suddenly much better, because he wasn't nervous and so it greatly chilled me out.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    inexperienced.

guys who put it about usually think they know EXACTLY what girls like, and they won't be told any different.

if they've not been about much, you can teach them exactly how you like them to do everything, and they listen. it's a beautiful thing.

'tis true!
  • Options
    My current gf(now fiance) was a virgin and a very special one at that. I knew she was shortly after we started dating and I had this extremely strong feeling for her. We had a bond from day one. I didn't want to rush her into it. I wanted it to be an expression of her feelings for me and it was about 8 months after we started going together that we had sex for the first time. She was 22 at that time. She is everything I have ever wanted in a mate. The fact she was a virgin has strengthened the bond. Everyone is different and we all have different visions, quirks and obsessions.
  • Options
    I prefere experianced, only because I'm inexperianced myself.
  • Options
    my current boyfriend and i are equally inexperienced, which is ideal as i don't feel awkward asking him about what he likes and vice versa. i've been with a more experienced guy, who wasn't the most considerate of people as he thought he knew everything :no: , so most of the time i was in pain. not good.
  • Options
    I prefere experianced, only because I'm inexperianced myself.
    Ditto. Although it sometimes gets annoying that they think they know what I like. Ho hum.
  • Options
    I prefer them to be less experienced BUT to think I am less experienced! That way they think they can show me stuff.
  • Options
    How many partners does it take for one to be considered experienced?
  • Options
    elsa wrote:

I don't think it takes a certain number of partners. But a certain amount of time having sex, especially in relationships where you can experiment and learn what someone wants.

A person may have had 20 one night stands but I wouldn't say they were experienced. Someone else may have had 1 sexual partner for 6 months say and they could well be. Although I wouldn't have classed myself as experienced after 18 months with my first bf, having sex day in day out....yet by the time I'd been with my next guy for 3 months I knew far more what I was doing.
  • Options
    inexperienced - The lad i am seein lost his virginity to me 4 years ago and has ever only had be so everythin he knows i taught him
  • Options
    elsa wrote:
    quality not quantity