Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wierd guy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went on a date a few days ago, and the guy seemed really nice. We chatted about loadsa stuff, and we got on well. But there is one prob: I think he is obsessed with sex. My ex didn't seem to be this mad about it, but the new guy keeps mithering me all the time for it. He says he doesn't normally wait for girls.

Is this normal, are a lot of guys like this??

Comments

• Options
    yes a lot of guys are like, its one of the ways of the world unfortunately, if guys can get it else where they'll usually take the easy option, thats if they are a shit.
  • Options
    yeah koe is correct - but not all men are like that, however lots are.

i think it'll show you for certain how much he really likes u if he takes the easy option and finds it somewhere else.
  • Options
    most men would never say no to sex. some want it more than others though. sounds to me like he justs wants to use you for a shag really. and if he doesn't wait for girls, he's not worth it. by saying that, he's basically saying 'sleep with me or you won't see me again'.
  • Options
    I went on a date a few days ago, and the guy seemed really nice. We chatted about loadsa stuff, and we got on well. But there is one prob: I think he is obsessed with sex. My ex didn't seem to be this mad about it, but the new guy keeps mithering me all the time for it. He says he doesn't normally wait for girls.

Is this normal, are a lot of guys like this??

He's a slut. He'll probably take what he wants and you'll never see him again.
  • Options
    Ive told him I'm not a slapper, and I would like to get to know him better, and he tells me that he does want a proper relationship, but it doesn't seem like it...all he wants is sex!!
  • Options
    Ive told him I'm not a slapper, and I would like to get to know him better, and he tells me that he does want a proper relationship, but it doesn't seem like it...all he wants is sex!!

trust your instincts.

tell him to f off.
  • Options
    Hes giving you mixed messages. Hes going between what he thinks you want to hear (I want a proper relationship) and what he actually means (I dont wait around for girls)
    If he seems obsessed by it, and thats a bit of a worry before you even start, then its not good news tbh.
    Id give him a wide berth.
  • Options
    Sounds like a wanker. If your looking for more than a one nighter id get shot of him!
  • Options
    Shorly he could want to sleep with her and want a prober relationship,

I wouldnt jump to conclusions that he's just after a shag althrough I wouldnt rule it out, I would say most likly he wants some kind of a not too serious relationship, but a relationship none the less.

Its very difficult (for a man) not to think about sex or to try especialy if youve been on more than one date.
  • Options

Its very difficult (for a man) not to think about sex or to try especialy if youve been on more than one date.
    I dont think thats true.
    I think its very difficult for SOME men. Those men should go for likeminded women, not women who are freaked out by it or who are after something more than that.
  • Options
    if he wanted to go out with her...as in a relationship, then he ought to wait until she's ready and not pressurise her!
  • Options
    if he wanted to go out with her...as in a relationship, then he ought to wait until she's ready and not pressurise her!

And if you want to go shopping you should wait till youve saved up before buying that shirt/dress/shoes you realy want,
    If you think you should lose a bit of wait then you shouldnt take a chocklate bar when offered,
    Etc,,etc,,etc,,

But its not so easy is it, one might say its almost human to be impatient
  • Options
    And if you want to go shopping you should wait till youve saved up before buying that shirt/dress/shoes you realy want,
    If you think you should lose a bit of wait then you shouldnt take a chocklate bar when offered,
    Etc,,etc,,etc,,

But its not so easy is it, one might say its almost human to be impatient

yes but if he had any respect for her, he wouldn't pressurise her for sex. he wouldn't say 'i don't wait around for girls'. he wants a shag, end of. and there's no way of dressing it up to make him look good!
  • Options
    I dont think thats true.
    I think its very difficult for SOME men. Those men should go for likeminded women, not women who are freaked out by it or who are after something more than that.

I said 1stly not to think about it, thats difficult dont deny it,
    and 2ndly I said its difficult not to try, I dont mean hassel endlessly but make a polite attempt,"you like me to walk you home ?" then try a bit of snogging.

I sence a bit of hypocracy regarding this, if a women wants sex and the man tries very good, alls happy.
    if she dosnt want sex and the man tries (I mean a gentel attempt not scarey) then he's to be watched and not trusted.

When a couple has sex for the first time its almost always the man who makes the first attempt, youd rather he never tried or what ?

Take no for an answer, well of course Im not arguing that he shouldnt.
    theres degrees and it depends on what happening in this specific case.
  • Options

I disagree entirely, when im out on a date, im out with a person I like and want to get to know better. I want to know what she does for a living, what hobbies she has, where would she like to go on holiday / where has she been etc

Im NOT out with my next conquest, this seems to lack respect imho

Or have I misread what you said ? :)
  • Options
    I said 1stly not to think about it, thats difficult dont deny it,
    and 2ndly I said its difficult not to try, I dont mean hassel endlessly but make a polite attempt,"you like me to walk you home ?" then try a bit of snogging.

I sence a bit of hypocracy regarding this, if a women wants sex and the man tries very good, alls happy.
    if she dosnt want sex and the man tries (I mean a gentel attempt not scarey) then he's to be watched and not trusted.

When a couple has sex for the first time its almost always the man who makes the first attempt, youd rather he never tried or what ?

Take no for an answer, well of course Im not arguing that he shouldnt.
    theres degrees and it depends on what happening in this specific case.

:mad:

like mollow said, firts dates should be about getting to know eachother. unless that is, he wants to get his leg over. i;m not saying all lads are like it, but this one is clearly a tart.
  • Options
    Mollow wrote:
    I disagree entirely, when im out on a date, im out with a person I like and want to get to know better. I want to know what she does for a living, what hobbies she has, where would she like to go on holiday / where has she been etc

Im NOT out with my next conquest, this seems to lack respect imho

Or have I misread what you said ? :)

If your going on more than one date then the thought will cross your mind,
    personally youd know in most cases if she wanted it soon or didnt,
    dont tell me youd never think of it.

Its disrespectfull to never think of a women as anything more than a sex object, but trying to have sex with one dosnt necessarly mean that.

What do you do if your on a 2nd date or 3rd date and the girl indicates she'd like to have sex what would you say, "no im not interested in that"
  • Options
    If your going on more than one date then the thought will cross your mind,
    personally youd know in most cases if she wanted it soon or didnt,
    dont tell me youd never think of it.

Its disrespectfull to never think of a women as anything more than a sex object, but trying to have sex with one dosnt necessarly mean that.

What do you do if your on a 2nd date or 3rd date and the girl indicates she'd like to have sex what would you say, "no im not interested in that"

you're missing the point here.

if you say to someone on/after your first date that when it comes to sex you don't wait around..then you're clearly not wanting a relationship. he has toldh er he wants to be in a relationship with her so he can have her way with her. stop being so naive.
  • Options
    Thanks 4 all you replies. I have come to my senses and told him to pi*s off :)

He really did seem creepy, all he wanted was a shag and thats it. Well I'm not a bloody prostitute!! Plus, I'm letting no creepy wierdos around my daughter...only normal guys! x