Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Finding yourself again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It feels so strange when you come out of a relationship trying to find yourself again. Im realising that my ex made me introverted and worried in the end. I am remembering things that i used to enjoy before i met him. Im thinking i may rather be with a woman next time round. I semi dated a woman for the first time after breaking up with him who was passing through the country and she made me feel good about myself and brought a smile to my face. Maybe its time to try out my other side more. Today when i was out i checked out more women than men.

Comments

• Options
    have you dated many women before?
  • Options
    Only this one (one of my two rebounds). Think ill join the LBG Society at uni! After dating a guy whos had boyfriends its making me more curious!
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:
    Only this one (one of my two rebounds). Think ill join the LBG Society at uni! After dating a guy whos had boyfriends its making me more curious!
    yes do. I'm considering doing that, but then I'm always worried I won't be accepted in to groups like that. I've met so many gay women who feel threatened by women who are attracted to more than one gender. It's cool though that you're comfortable enough with yourself to do something like that. ;)
  • Options
    im trying to find myself again, but i managed to get hurt again!

i need some quality me time....
  • Options
    Moonrat - I know what you mean about people not getting it when its two genders! Can make it hard. I do have some funny images of it being like Alcoholics Anonymous or something lol, but people tell me its just one big social thing :) One of my friends is joining it at her uni, so thats encouraged me a bit.
    Dinted - Me time is definately needed after being hurt!
  • Options
    Are you sure that you are not just feeling that you would rather be with a women because of how your ex made you feel Fairy, i could be completely wrong but not all men are the same.........x
  • Options
    Are you sure that you are not just feeling that you would rather be with a women because of how your ex made you feel Fairy, i could be completely wrong but not all men are the same.........x

No, i go both ways. Whoever crosses my path next whether they be male/female does not matter to me as long as i like them.
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:
    No, i go both ways. Whoever crosses my path next whether they be male/female does not matter to me as long as i like them.

:thumb: Cool hun!

Although i just dont get the whole girl on girl thing! i love men! I mean experimenting is one thing but a long term relationship....hummm.......i am not being closed minded, just doesnt do it for me :)
  • Options
    :thumb: Cool hun!

Although i just dont get the whole girl on girl thing! i love men! I mean experimenting is one thing but a long term relationship....hummm.......i am not being closed minded, just doesnt do it for me :)
    It's odd... It's like... Why am I staring at that girls ass and liking what I'm seeing?

The next day you're asking yourself why there's something sexy about a man's upper body.

However I've heard that some women do decide to go for women instead of men after bad experiences. A fair few gay women I know have been raped or abused bad, but I don't think that turned them 'gay'. I think most people are 'bisexual' to a point.