Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Question. MSc or BSc

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    a masters is more than just another year, its actually doing some real research, okay not the full whack what a phd is, but youll be doing a large amount of reading, logically analysing and writing up - surely one of the most difficult skills there is out there

off the politics, if you want to do a masters, and really learn something, apply for it, if you change your mind later on, you can do so, normally by the begiining of 3rd year (which im approaching and unsure still)

shyboy, apply for what you want to do, and work your socks off for it! :D ALevels as a whle are a measure of effort and training, so you can do it :)

Thing is, I don't think I want to go into a maths research job, but more applied maths. When I get a maths degree I'm going to try and get a business / analyst typey job (i want to do maths, operational research, statistics and economics at warwick) and then after 4 or 5 years see if I can do an MBA and then go in for the top jobs etc.

Doing actual research wouldn't be my cup of tea if you get what I mean. But then maybe there's more to a masters than a dissertation etc.