Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

people vs bankers

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Evading the information provided to address your presumptions once again it appears.

The conclusions of the World Bank and IMF are flawed and based purely on their agenda of promoting the fraud of neo-liberalism as the panacaea for developing nations and thereby roping them into "structural adjustment" policies that perpetually exploit their national wealth. The conclusions that impoverishment is indeed rising are not flawed and empirically verifiable when factoring in the many prevailing conditions otherwise ignored by the corporate hegemonists.
  • Options
    As usual, your position means fuck all to most people

Nice mind reading, how the fuck would you know?
    As I keep saying - start from the material reality of people's lives and go from there...otherwise whats the point

Fuck's sake, I only deal with the material world. The material reality of most people's lives is that they can do what they want but think they can't. The place to start then, is to look at why and how they have been fooled into thinking that they have no, or at best under a political system, 2 very similar options.
    otherwise whats the point?

If you don't alter the thinking behind actions you produce the same results over and over again. If it's possible for one man to be boss, you are gonna keep getting the same type of people wanting to get the job.
    How many people have you convinced?

Not many, that's for sure. Most people get it fairly quickly and then reject it cos they don't like it or have some sort of interest in keeping the myths. There's also a personal attachment to being "English" say that i can understand but is totally fucking mad.
    What activism can people do in their work place with your stance?

You think you have the same experience at work if you know that the company is a fiction? How much shit is done in the name of "the company"? Knowing that's it's all bollocks let's you make your own up if you want, or just not take it that seriously. Quite why you need "activism" I have no idea, just do what the fuck you want and stop worrying about it.
    The fact that there are flaws does not make the conclusions that poverty has shown a downward trend completely invalid however.

Is this down to people working with the banks or against the banks?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Nice mind reading, how the fuck would you know?

Years of political activism and discussions.
    klintock wrote:
    Fuck's sake, I only deal with the material world. The material reality of most people's lives is that they can do what they want but think they can't. The place to start then, is to look at why and how they have been fooled into thinking that they have no, or at best under a political system, 2 very similar options.

You're fucking deluded. You don't deal with material stuff at all, you deal in airy fairy philosophical bullshit, while deluding yourself that you're only dealing with "reality". The reality of most people's lives is that they can't do what they want because of their economic position under capitalism - so that's the place to start - people's everyday experiences in their workplaces and communities.
    klintock wrote:
    If you don't alter the thinking behind actions you produce the same results over and over again. If it's possible for one man to be boss, you are gonna keep getting the same type of people wanting to get the job.

And you're altering people's thinking...how exactly?
    klintock wrote:
    Not many, that's for sure. Most people get it fairly quickly and then reject it cos they don't like it or have some sort of interest in keeping the myths. There's also a personal attachment to being "English" say that i can understand but is totally fucking mad.

Exactly - not many people. Does that tell you something?
    klintock wrote:
    You think you have the same experience at work if you know that the company is a fiction? How much shit is done in the name of "the company"? Knowing that's it's all bollocks let's you make your own up if you want, or just not take it that seriously. Quite why you need "activism" I have no idea, just do what the fuck you want and stop worrying about it.

More irrelevant bollocks. People don't give a fuck one way or the other whether their company "exists" in a philosophical sense or not. What most people want is better conditions, more control over their lives and their time. That is accomplished by solidarity, collective action, realising what people have in common - not with some airy fairy half understood bullshit copied out of some NLP book for fucks sake.
  • Options
    . The conclusions that impoverishment is indeed rising are not flawed and empirically verifiable when factoring in the many prevailing conditions otherwise ignored by the corporate hegemonists.

Go on then, verify it..........
  • Options

Doomed to failure before you start.
    You're fucking deluded. You don't deal with material stuff at all, you deal in airy fairy philosophical bullshit,

Right. Why so emotional mate?
    The reality of most people's lives is that they can't do what they want because of their economic position under capitalism

Which is in their heads mate, nowhere else.
    so that's the place to start - people's everyday experiences in their workplaces and communities.

No, it really isn't. What happens and what people think happens are usually completely different.
    More irrelevant bollocks. People don't give a fuck one way or the other whether their company "exists" in a philosophical sense or not.

It's not a philosohical position. Companies ARE fictional. So why waste energy and effort trying to service what isn't there in the first place.
    What most people want is better conditions, more control over their lives and their time

AND
    That is accomplished by solidarity, collective action, realising what people have in common

I have no idea how you get more freedom for an individual by joining groups. Things work best when everyone does different things. How are you supposed to get more stuff by giving away your freedom to some half assed idea of a group, a group which will have leaders and naturally put you right back where you started.
    not with some airy fairy half understood bullshit copied out of some NLP book for fucks sake.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Doomed to failure before you start.

Eh? :confused: Political action is doomed to failure? Tell that to the suffragetes.
    klintock wrote:
    Right. Why so emotional mate?

Eh? :confused:

klintock wrote:
    Which is in their heads mate, nowhere else.

So the fact that some people are living on the streets while other people own 10 homes is in their heads? I wonder whats in your head sometimes. :eek:
    klintock wrote:
    No, it really isn't. What happens and what people think happens are usually completely different.

Eh? :confused:
    klintock wrote:
    It's not a philosohical position. Companies ARE fictional. So why waste energy and effort trying to service what isn't there in the first place.

OK, so if a company is fictional, then my workplace must be fictional, as must my desk, my computer and my wages. :confused:
    klintock wrote:
    AND

I have no idea how you get more freedom for an individual by joining groups. Things work best when everyone does different things. How are you supposed to get more stuff by giving away your freedom to some half assed idea of a group, a group which will have leaders and naturally put you right back where you started.

Eh? "Things work best when everyone does different things."? How do you work that out? If everyone in my workplace was doing different things, nothing would ever get done. You're cracked in the head.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for an apology from you for posting my email address on www.isitfair.co.uk
  • Options
    Eh? Political action is doomed to failure? Tell that to the suffragetes.

Tell em what? That despite all the efforts of many good people theres still a collection of individuals forcing their view of the world on others? They would agree. By using the political process you continue it. It's the process itself that is the problem, not the men and women who use it, by and large.
    So the fact that some people are living on the streets while other people own 10 homes is in their heads? I wonder whats in your head sometimes.

Where else is it? How do you know that you own something?
    OK, so if a company is fictional, then my workplace must be fictional, as must my desk, my computer and my wages

See, you always get this backwards. First someone thought up all the different things they wanted to happen, then they convinced others to make them physically apparent. You are taking the existence of your desk as proof of a company. The desk is there because people believe there is a company, not the other way around. It goes individual belief - convince - action - stuff to point to.
    Eh? "Things work best when everyone does different things."? How do you work that out? If everyone in my workplace was doing different things, nothing would ever get done. You're cracked in the head.

So we should all do the same job? How does that work?
    Oh, and I'm still waiting for an apology from you for posting my email address on www.isitfair.co.uk

I am sorry if that annoyed you.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Tell em what? That despite all the efforts of many good people theres still a collection of individuals forcing their view of the world on others? They would agree. By using the political process you continue it. It's the process itself that is the problem, not the men and women who use it, by and large.

Which process? You'll have to be more specific.
    klintock wrote:
    Where else is it? How do you know that you own something?

You're fucked in the head mate. Go tell the next beggar you see that "its all in his head". I'd predict they'll either (a) punch you or (b) think you're worse off than they are.
    klintock wrote:
    See, you always get this backwards. First someone thought up all the different things they wanted to happen, then they convinced others to make them physically apparent. You are taking the existence of your desk as proof of a company. The desk is there because people believe there is a company, not the other way around. It goes individual belief - convince - action - stuff to point to.

More irrelevant 6th form philosophising.
    klintock wrote:
    So we should all do the same job? How does that work?

Eh? What the fuck are you wittering about now? :confused:

klintock wrote:
    I am sorry if that annoyed you.

Of course it annoyed me you cheeky little cunt.
  • Options
    Which process? You'll have to be more specific.

The process where you convince people that fictions exist and so gain control of them, make them predictable and so on.
    You're fucked in the head mate. Go tell the next beggar you see that "its all in his head". I'd predict they'll either (a) punch you or (b) think you're worse off than they are.

>sigh< More irrelevant fuckwitted missing the point.
    More irrelevant 6th form philosophising.

That was much easier than thinking wasn't it.
    Eh? What the fuck are you wittering about now?

I have no idea what you were talking about either.
    Of course it annoyed me you cheeky little cunt.

How would I know that? I would have found it funny. But then we are all different.

Btw, the blagsta/klintock abuse ratio is firmly in the plus column on your side, I feel no offence though. Would you just knock it off though, it's tedious and wastes my time reading it and yours writing it.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Too many years perhaps??
    You're fucking deluded. You don't deal with material stuff at all, you deal in airy fairy philosophical bullshit, while deluding yourself that you're only dealing with "reality". The reality of most people's lives is that they can't do what they want because of their economic position under capitalism - so that's the place to start - people's everyday experiences in their workplaces and communities.
    The reality of most people's lives is that they are pig-ignorant lazy and lacking in any ambition thus casting themselves as frevent worshippers at the altar of Chav-ism.

More irrelevant bollocks. People don't give a fuck one way or the other whether their company "exists" in a philosophical sense or not. What most people want is better conditions, more control over their lives and their time. That is accomplished by solidarity, collective action, realising what people have in common - not with some airy fairy half understood bullshit copied out of some NLP book for fucks sake.
    "Solidarity, collective action" - lets man the barricades comrades, the revolution is nigh.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    The process where you convince people that fictions exist and so gain control of them, make them predictable and so on.

Sorry, you're not making any sense. Again.
    klintock wrote:
    >sigh< More irrelevant fuckwitted missing the point.

You don't appear to have a point, beyond schoolboy philosophising.
    klintock wrote:
    That was much easier than thinking wasn't it.

Write something intelligible and I'll think about it.
    klintock wrote:
    I have no idea what you were talking about either.

Yes, that's quite clear,
    klintock wrote:
    How would I know that? I would have found it funny. But then we are all different.

So you'd find it funny for a complete stranger to plaster your email address all over the net without your knowledge? Don't give up the day job.
    klintock wrote:
    Btw, the blagsta/klintock abuse ratio is firmly in the plus column on your side, I feel no offence though. Would you just knock it off though, it's tedious and wastes my time reading it and yours writing it.

I'm just responding in kind.
  • Options
    Hidrick wrote:

The reality of most people's lives is that they are pig-ignorant lazy and lacking in any ambition thus casting themselves as frevent worshippers at the altar of Chav-ism.

That may be your life, but don't mistake your projections for reality.
  • Options
    Sorry, you're not making any sense. Again.

Seems perfectly fine to me, and you are unintelligible to me.
    You don't appear to have a point, beyond schoolboy philosophising.

This means what, exactly? Appart from the usual fuckwit patronising that is. :confused:
    Write something intelligible and I'll think about it.

So you'd find it funny for a complete stranger to plaster your email address all over the net without your knowledge? Don't give up the day job.

>cough< pot, kettle etc.I apologised for the fact that you had a problem with it, what more do you want me to do?
    I'm just responding in kind.

Oh. Ok. Can't remember calling you any names myself, but still. I have pointed out that some of the stuff you write is stupid, but that's not the same as calling you anything.
    That may be your life, but don't mistake your projections for reality.

Well that's all from me on this, cos you are obviously a troll from the other end of the spectrum as RK. Same style, different content.
  • Options
    Just a couple of things before you go back on ignore...
    klintock wrote:
    >cough< pot, kettle etc.I apologised for the fact that you

...you're the one that started this childish little row by plastering my email address all over another forum. You're also the one who appears to be trolling with your endless bullshit about how you're a hypnotist (yeah, right) and how you and only you knows the answer to everything, cos you read an NLP book once. Grow up.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I think you're confusing price and value.

Perhaps I am :chin: Could you explain to me the difference in order to clear up any possible confusion ?

seeker
  • Options
  • Options
    okay, I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but - that's how all banks lend money.
    this is A-level economics - if you put £100 in the bank, the bank might lend out £90 (from the £100 you originally desposited) to someone else. Thus 'total' money in the economy = £190, although there's actually only £100 in reality. That's why you can't take out all your money from the bank without giving advance notice - otherwise the banks would collapse. There are safety requirements, like the banks have to have a certain reserve ratio (eg. in the example that I have given, the bank didn't lend all the £100, it kept back £10, thus the reserve ratio is 0.1) this can be changed through policy - the government can higher (in times of inflation) / lower the required reserve ratio. Also, many government operate a deposit insurance scheme, where they promise to pay back any money that a depositer may loose should the banks collapse.

but that's basically how it works, in simplfied form. and all banks do it. it's not that the money doesn't exist. it does exist. and therefore, this is not money creation. money creation is printing money, like the Fed or the Bank of England does.
  • Options
    Ahh. Fair enough, i see we might nave jumped a few steps somewhere.

Who's money do you think the banks are lending out?

Is it explicitly stated to those people that that's what is happening?

Where the hell does the money come from to pay the interest?
    but that's basically how it works, in simplfied form. and all banks do it. it's not that the money doesn't exist. it does exist.

Yes, the initial money does exist, but, and this is the important bit.....it's not the banks money.

While what you say is true, it goes much further than the £190 you quote.
    the reserve ratio is 0.1

Yes, and once the loan money is put back into a bank (as it is almost certain to be) then it's done all over again and again. I loan £5000, and pay it to you for a car. You put that money in the bank, and the bank lends it out again to someone (or £4500 of it) and it happens again. And again.

On top of all this, the banks want interest on money that never existed in the first place!

So, a good question is - Why don't we have superinflation?

1) Taxation

2) the banks write off debts between themselves to keep it stable. (imagine a string of people that instead of getting mortgages just moved around in a circle)

Which means that they have total control over the economy, and therefore the government and of course, everything else.

This of course leaves aside entirely the value of fiat currency - i.e. it's only worth the paper it's printed on.

In 1850, the average house would have cost you 100 gold bars. These days it will cost you ....100 gold bars. the difference in "financial" terms is massive, but that's a measure of devaluation alone.