Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Me and my GF

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey

i been with my girlfriend for about 1 year and a half or so... but all my
a-levels are stressing me out and they are giving me mixed emotions i think.

i feel like i dont love her any more another girl has popped in to my life who i have feelings for we have got very close twice touched tongues but the tongues did not go in each others mouths also is that cheating shall i tell my girlfriend ?

also part of this is that shes going to uni in sept so i know we will be breaking up then. :eek2:

its confusing me i been thinking if i split with my gf
what happens i made the biggest mistake of my life
she wont be here to call up any more when i want some one to talk to or just having her over
i stuffer from anxiety what happens if it goes up the wall.
and i just dont want to hurt her and im scared of what to do... :nervous:

Comments

• Options
    When a relationship comes to an end, someone is always going to get hurt. Its rare when neither are hurt, so you really have no control over that.

if you want my advice, I'd have to say your going to have to let her go. At this point, your just dragging her. And evenutally, she might notice it. And you've said that you've cheated on her, sorry, but bad move. The problem with that is that girls talk, so she might hear about it from someone else and she might be a little upset you didn't tell her or just the fact that you did it. I'm not saying she might find out right away, but she might find out later on.

Well, that's all I can really say. Hope I was of some help.
  • Options
    i think the best thing to do is finish with your girlfriend. Not just because u cheated, but also bcosof how your feelings have changed+also the way you assume ul split with her once she goes uni. That alone said to me that u were in a bad relationship, if u didnt even want to make it last thru uni years.
    B honest with your g.f, but its up to u if u tell her about this other girl or not. i personally wouldn't - a break up will be hard enough for her, never mind telling her you cheated aswell. Id spend sometime time alone, or with ur mates+get ur A-levels outta the way b4 u try and get with this other girl!
    SBG
  • Options
    i think you already know what you want to do from what you have said in your post. basically if you don't love your girlfriend anymore it must be hard see how your relationshiip can go any further. i think you'd be better ending it now. the longer it "drags" on and you carry on in a relationship you are not interested in, the harder it will be to end. it is inevitable that breaking up hurts, but it might be better to move on... where you can both ultimatly be happier, than stay in a relationship you don't want to be in, which will just make you miserable, or guilty if you are cheating on her.
  • Options
    yeh i see what u mean but i always ask my self what happens if i make a mistake this is my first love so i have never been this way before :banghead:
  • Options
    you can't string her along just so that you have somebody to talk to when you need her.

Put her out of her misery, be a man about it
  • Options
    but what happens if i make the wrong choice :crying:
  • Options
    eseses wrote:

try not to think about it that way, make the choice you think is right, and live with it, as hard as that may be, it's the only way to do it...
  • Options
    eseses wrote:

in my opinion, you made your mind up when you kissed this other girl.
  • Options
    but it was not really a kiss... it was just a quick touch nuffin more no more then 1 sec :nervous:

it was nearly a kiss i would say but you might call it a kiss ?
  • Options
    eseses wrote:
    but it was not really a kiss... it was just a quick touch nuffin more no more then 1 sec :nervous:

well if it was very nearly a kiss, then it means you wanted to give said girl a good snogging, which must mean you're not in the right place, being in the relationship you're in at the moment...
  • Options
    Awww sounds like your feeling a bit all over the place at the moment.
    To be honst though it does sound as though you and your girlfriend have drifted apart and that you dont feel as strongly for her as you did.Sometimes these things just come an end naturally without anything to cause it such as a disagreement or whatever.
    The fact is you cant stop thinking about this other girl and wanted to kiss her.This is unfair to your girlfriend to keep it from her so id do the good thing and have a talk about it with her.Chances are she wont be too impressed,but will be thankful that she found out sooner rather than later when you might end up cheating on her.
    If you go about things amicably theres nothing to stop you being friends when/if you break up.Good luck whatever you do...:)
  • Options
    eseses wrote:

If you have to question whether it was cheating, then it obviously is. A good way to tell if it was cheating is to think how you would feel if she did the same thing with someone else.

And as has been said before, it sounds like this isn't a good relationship, if you think you're gonna break up just because she's going to uni, then it's not worth it. You're just drawing out the pain. For you and her.
  • Options
    It will cause her more pain to find out tat you cheated on her without telling her. Yes, It's cheating. It doesn't matter how "long" you were kissing the other girl. Having feelings for someone lse is cheating. It's not fair for you to not tell her. she probably she tells you that she loves you, and I'm sure you say the same thing to her everyday. It doesn't feel good to be lied to, even if you don't know it's happening. It'll hurt her to stay with you. Even if she doesn't know. It's a cruel thing to do---to lie bluntly in front of someone who loves you. You are using her, and you have to tell her.
  • Options
    i cant tell her i done that it will break her heart and i dont wanna do that to her but the guilt im living with is causing me pain :crying: i suppose it was cheating but i tryed to make my self think it was not
  • Options
    Well yes that is chaeting, Just admit that things aren't at their best and you don't wanna stay if things countine to go south. She if she is willinging to work at things and go from there. If not then you did all you could and you were honest so you can't regret that and if she is then things could be better than ever and still no regrets
  • Options
    Then don't. You don't have to tell her, but do you think its any better to lie to her and also lead her on? As I said, she will eventually notice that you are, and its not going to be good. You need to step up and let it out, wither that be about the cheating part, or the break up part.
    If you want to be with this new girl, then you need to be a man and get the job done! But your game face on, and let the show go on! :p