Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What do you hope to see in your lifetime?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ohh and an improvement in the rock scene... well, the music scene in general would be good. :yes:
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Um, no, it wouldn't, the chance it would is something like 0.1%.

What is to stop infinite gorillas pressing A for all of infinity?
    it would, thats the thing. however small the chance is, given enough time and the right equipment, in an infinite universe, its bound to happen.
    They say that in an infinite universe, anything can happen, will happen and has already happened somewhere.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    it would, thats the thing. however small the chance is, given enough time and the right equipment, in an infinite universe, its bound to happen.
    They say that in an infinite universe, anything can happen, will happen and has already happened somewhere.

Sorry to repeat myself, but, what is gonig to stop a Gorilla from pressing A for infinity? Or all of them to hit random keys for infinity? Why would they produce the works of shakespere? He had a unique mind. The Gorilla would need a mind INDENTICLE to his to produce his works and have the same influences upon his life at the time Shakespere did.

The chances of that, are so close to impossible as to be impossible. That time period and those places will never exist again UNLESS the universe does go around in one circle. In which case, the gorillas will die in the big crush anyway. Unless they just move into another dimension... where there are many gorillas already from many of these theories. Infinte Gorilla Dimension! Where they all press A, all the time. :p

No, seriously, explain your theory now please, im intrigued by this... I get the feeling it just won't happen. A gorilla couldn't do it, as a gorilla is not human and does not have the same experiences as a unique one-off human called William Shakesprere did. Its the same reason the Nazi's could never clone Hitler the ways they tried: They tried to make a brainwashed boy, many boys, to completley beleive in it. They did. But they were never as good as the original, they never had his life, his experiences to shape their views.

Thats my view now.
  • Options
    I don't want a cure for cancer. I want a preventative treatment.

I'd like to see my future children and have them grow up in an unspoilt wilderness environment to be independent, happy individuals with a concern for the needs of others and a desire to continue to improve society or the lives of those they encounter.

That'll do.

Oh, and a global end to racial, national, economic and political bigotry. No-one's intrinsically evil, each has worth and all should be appreciated.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Actually, I'm not sure that a free of pay and 100% successful cure for cancer would be such a good thing. It might lead to extreme overpopulation.
    Surely it's harsh to have someone of yours die of cancer, but if you look at the big picture, some people have to die in order to maintain balance...
  • Options
    I'd like to see, a cure for cancer, William crowned King, Charles and Camilla's divorce :lol: erm and my wedding day.

Ilora x
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    religious belief's will be seen as a crime if found to be a threat to human life,when in conflict with another.

What do you mean a threat?

There always should be some conflict in ideas, thats how they grow, get better and move forwards. To me you are suggesting the end of debate.

Oh and someone suggested an end to lying, do you really want the truth all the time? I certainly dont.

As for me, a total halt to any 'text speak' would be more than enough for me.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:

I just beat the record and got 25 :/

And Teh_Gerbil, you should some quantum physics. Imagine infinite. If there was an infinite time for the monkeys, then therefore it can be said there is also infinite monkeys. If there are infinite monkeys with infinite keystrokes for an infinite amount of time this means every single possibility that ever could happen would happen. Which does include the entire works of shakespeare.
  • Options
    We don't have infinate.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    We don't have infinate.

We do as a concept, and given that we are not planning to actually work the monkeys in some slave house of words thats all it needs to be.
  • Options
    As a concept, but the universe has existed for a finite amount of time.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:

But was there time before the universe existed? *ponders and gets confused*

It's only a way of explaining the idea that given an infinite amount of time anything that can happen definitely will happen.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:

Hmm, and there we get into serious debate.

Was there something before, and if so what?

And if it was a God who set the whole thing off how was he/she/it created?

And is it just our inability to imagine nothing that leads us to believe in the existance of a God?
  • Options
    I know that this has proberly been said , but what i would like to see in my life time is .....

A cure for Cancer and Aids
    Myself becoming successfull in my career

Oh and the other stuff - wedding , kids happy grand kids
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Hmm, and there we get into serious debate.

Was there something before, and if so what?

And if it was a God who set the whole thing off how was he/she/it created?

And is it just our inability to imagine nothing that leads us to believe in the existance of a God?
    There is a philosophy that says "everything that has a beginning has a caused" which basically means that everything that started, was caused to start by something else.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Random question i know.

So what do you hope to see in your lifetime? Could be anything, i would love to see some spectacular find in space or something like that, like signs of other life in the universe. That would be cool.

But also i would like to see Arsenal win back to back championships and the champions league :) :yes: ...... one day ..... one day.

I always wanted to meet Lady Diana - she was in my home town about 2 miles away about 2 weeks before she died! .. but I didn't see her!
  • Options
    i would like the developing (i.e - Africa) countries to be wealthy.. there to be world peace.. as well as an end to aids and a cure for illnesses such as aids and cancer.
    personally i would like to go travel the world..
    nothing major just what i would like to do :yes: