Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Men and why they piss me off

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Bloody hell...

I can't have five minutes privacy in this house... hey I wanna check my Emails and my Stepdad does not know what the word 'knock' means (plus he's been known to read my letters)...

Anyway I'm sick of men. I'm sick of being looked down upon or ignored because I'm a woman. I'm sick of people assuming that a man will know more than me on a particular subject because he's a man... I'm sick of people who 'respect women' yet segregate them from 'boy things'.

Want an example?

Last year I went camping with my lad mates and they built a shitty fire... I took it apart and rebuilt a chimney because these guys have no idea what they're doing... Like they just play a lot of videogames and stuff. And after fucking up the fire by dropping a huge wet log on it twice and having me fix it they're all like "well done lads, nice fire" when I'm the one who built it and tended to it (I have experience with the great outdoors, real backwards cooking ect).

Sooooo I can't go scouting with the lads in case I get hurt, but I sure as hell can cook for all eight (or thereabouts) of them.

So here's the question. Why do men pretend to be so honourable and chivalrous when really all they're doing is talking down to women and excluding them from activities? I'm sick of feeling inferior because I have a womb in social situations. I'm sick of people spouting out shit that they think they know because they saw it on a film or computer game... It's so annoying.

And yeah... There are nice guys somewhere.

So guys, do women make you feel the same way? Ladies, do you agree?

Comments

• Options
    What a lovely rant. I particularly like your scathing generalisation. I hope you have a strong sense of irony. Could you possibly be more whiney?
  • Options
    I wanted to know if I'd been too harsh on you here, so I checked out your website.
    ~*MoonRat's final words*~

If you've actually bothered to read this far down I'm sure you're thinking "thank God that sanctimonious little bitch has stopped whining".

:D
  • Options
    Is it your time of the month or something? Maybe you;re just having a bad day in terms of guys cos, the campfire thing? yeah, all blokes do it. it;s a man thing. it's part of their charm. there are some really decent blokes out there-why don't you stop with the bitching and moaning in threads like these (cos it won't get you help or support, it'll get irritated people asking you precisely what you are aiming to achieve by the bitching and moaning) and go and find some decent dudes? they do exist, i promise.
    Sorry to be so unsupportive. But whining doesn't help, as i'm sure you've realized by now!!!!! seriously. if people start trying to do "I'm better than you cos i have testicles" tell them where to get off. women can have (figurative) balls too!!
  • Options
    to be honest i think its just you and the men that you know
  • Options
    wow calm down moonrat...

i act the way i am to everyone...gender means nothing these days...i'll be chivalrous to men, i'll be chivalrous to women, i'll also be a dick to men, i'll also be a dick to women, just depends on my mood really...

ETA: just reas the last part btw...recently i fell for a girl, something serious and she just ended up wrecking my head, being all unpredictable and all that, but thats just bad luck, nothing to do with her being a girl really...boys will be the same i reckon, everyone has their good and bad points, just let me say that...
  • Options
    chill, i think us women are just as bad sometimes!
  • Options
    AmsyBamsy wrote:
    Is it your time of the month or something? Maybe you;re just having a bad day in terms of guys cos, the campfire thing? yeah, all blokes do it. it;s a man thing. it's part of their charm. !
    wtf?
    Oh well, theres proof that women can be patronising too.

I think you need to hang round with different people moon rat, or at least stand up for yourself when people give someone else the recognition for what YOUVE done. Both men and women seem to treat other people differently according to their sex. Its very annoying, but if you stand up for yourself, maybe theyd be less likely to do it next time.
  • Options
    wtf?

I think you need to hang round with different people moon rat, or at least stand up for yourself when people give someone else the recognition for what YOUVE done. Both men and women seem to treat other people differently according to their sex. Its very annoying, but if you stand up for yourself, maybe theyd be less likely to do it next time.

Ginnusius says: If you read your horoscope every day then one day it will be true.
  • Options
    Some men are like that, but not all. Some women are just as rude to guys...inequality or whatever works both ways.

About your stepdad- just tell him to knock in future!
  • Options
    I think Moonrat is pretty fair in slagging off a lot of men for being mysogynstic pricks. Of course it works both ways, but let's be honest here, if men weren't mysogynists women wouldn't earn 66p for every £1 a man earns.
  • Options
    Men want pride. They can't accept a woman being better.

Not all men are like that....And was I there for the fire thing? Bersham?
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    What a lovely rant. I particularly like your scathing generalisation. I hope you have a strong sense of irony. Could you possibly be more whiney?
    Said that there were nice men out there and it's not often I rant about anything.
  • Options
    wtf?

Yeah maybe I need to hang around with a different crowd, I guess you're right. But still it's something that's seen a lot, people's attitudes towards each other concerning gender.

For example it's not PC for a man to be sexist in certain ways, but at the same time it seems to be accepted in other ways. At the same time women can make jokes about men that are acceptable, but would not be if reversed.

As for generalisations... Not every man is like that, just the majority that I've encountered. Perhaps in university (I'm going from a small working class town to London) it'll be different.
  • Options
    Simply put: Their masculinity is threatened.
  • Options
    junker wrote:
    Simply put: Their masculinity is threatened.

Yup :yes: Sorry guys it is true.
  • Options
    I felt like that a lot when I was younger especially. I mean, most of my friends are male, but they used to be and still in some ways are, just having 'lads nights' and when I did D of E, there was this whole boys against girls competitiveness, laughing at our problems when it decided to piss it down at the campsite when us girlies arrived and the wind and rain made it a struggle to hitch the tents up, but strangely the first to glide into our tents when our tastier grub was served up with comments relating to 'our place' as women. Find it hard to still break in to the lad cycle - I mean I can take an interest in the stuff they do, becoming an honourary lad because I can play poker but still feeling like a total girlie...which yes I am but after so long, I'd love to be able to join their conversations more easily and such.

Admittedly, women can be toads as well, but this is more about like, wanting to feel included. Sometimes I feel like the blokes have a really good laugh and crack all the funnies, and I couldn't pull off the lad humour without them being evil (they do do this alot, my lot anyway) and deliberatly being quiet and looking at me, just because I'm a girly attempting humour.
  • Options
    I get this all the time as i live in a house with 15 lads.

i dont mind the "your a woman" comments when its obviously a joke, infact i dont really mind the coments as atleast they are sayi ng what they think.

its the little things that make me feel like im being left out that hurt.

Like when they all go and play pool. granted im not the worlds biggest pool fan but they dont know that. i dont get invited because im a girl. Its not that they think i would be shit either because i can beet atleast 12 of them every time in a game of pool, but thats what comes with 3 years of a pool table in your living room lol
  • Options
    Find it hard to still break in to the lad cycle - I mean I can take an interest in the stuff they do, becoming an honourary lad because I can play poker but still feeling like a total girlie...which yes I am but after so long, I'd love to be able to join their conversations more easily and such.

i know the feelings sometimes but in reverse. that and as much as both fo my best mates are girls and stuff, there are lots of times when i do feel left out cos obviously there's certains things that they're gonna be able to feel conmfortable talking to their girly mates about. Just a bit crap at times when i want to try and help, e.g. if they're blatently upset about things but just being a bloke immedietly puts a barrier in the way of things.