Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why should I vote?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If I give consent then I am happy for something to happen. In this case, a gun to me head, I am forced to do something against my will.

So taxation is not consensual then.
    What I am arguing is that you can imply that you have given consent to be oppressed, however by subverting the system you are acutally demonstrating that you don't consent at all.

Previously you stated that it could be implied that I agreed to taxation because I lived in a certain area. If I then act in a way that "subverts" the system do i then remove my consent?
    So, are you arguing that there is no entity, no collection of people, who work together to achieve mutual aims?

Yes. It has no seperate existence.
    Actually it's a used to be... how far would you like to go?

All the way. Turning nouns back into verbs shows whats going on more often than not.

And so on.

Really, don't vote - it legitimises Killers, thieves and liars, conmen and crooks.
  • Options
    Is it me or is Klintock losing it big-time. Beam him/her up Scottie! :)
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Is it me or is Klintock losing it big-time. Beam him/her up Scottie! :)

not really...underneath all the jibberish that's prevelant you've got some valid points...
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    not really...underneath all the jibberish that's prevelant you've got some valid points...
    Who is the "you" in this?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Who is the "you" in this?

2nd person plural...
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    I presume you know the huge leap in personal wealth and growth that came from leaving bartering behind us?

Could you provide the factual details for that statement?

seeker
  • Options
    erm can klintock ever manage to quote something properly

so i can tell what exactly is been added to the argument

plus he must rely on others, end of the day, hes using a phone line to connect to the net
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    So taxation is not consensual then.

Not for everyone, but those who dislike seem happy to reep it's benefits IME.

Previously you stated that it could be implied that I agreed to taxation because I lived in a certain area. If I then act in a way that "subverts" the system do i then remove my consent?

No I didn't. I said that because you take the benefits of the tax system, you consent to the tax system being there.
    Yes. It has no seperate existence.

Neither does a tree, but that exists, non?
    Really, don't vote - it legitimises Killers, thieves and liars, conmen and crooks.

No it doesn't, it gives my implied consent to their actions. If I vote for the person who then carries out the acts you mention.
  • Options
    Trees don't exist either. It's another useful division of perception that isn't there in the real world.

"Government" by the way it operates must steal, lie, and kill. No matter who gets in, who you vote for you are legitimising theft, murder and deceit.

I really cannot get my head around the assertion you make about taxation. Could you explain it a little further from me?

You seem to be stating that if the government tax all your money away and use some of it to buy you medicine, by using the medicine you have agreed to have all your money removed. Did I get this right?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Trees don't exist either.

:lol:

I'm sorry, but how can you expect me to take you serious when you say things like that?
  • Options
    Well, if you think about it, how do you know that there are trees?

You go through a listing procedure to identify a "tree". But isn't it the case that you have a set of experiences that you are labelling as "tree" rather than there is a thing called "tree". By seeing a tree you are not seeing a branch, not seeing a forest. You missed the glade and the the leaf. It's not a thing in of and of itself it's a division of your total experience.

If it's a little hard for you to grasp the idea that language isn't experience, please move on to my more politically pertinent points.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Trees don't exist either. It's another useful division of perception that isn't there in the real world.

"Government" by the way it operates must steal, lie, and kill. No matter who gets in, who you vote for you are legitimising theft, murder and deceit.

I really cannot get my head around the assertion you make about taxation. Could you explain it a little further from me?

You seem to be stating that if the government tax all your money away and use some of it to buy you medicine, by using the medicine you have agreed to have all your money removed. Did I get this right?

trees exist got over it and remove whatever is clogging up your rectum
  • Options
    I swear to god I'm getting work to send out copies of Descartes' Discours de la Méthode soon, just so people can actually read the whole book rather than the chapters on a damn reading list.
  • Options
    Yeah. It's also pretty irrelevant to the thread even if it is the source of the conmens power. Lets stick to the "politics" bit.

• Options
    klintock wrote:
    Yeah. It's also pretty irrelevant to the thread even if it is the source of the conmens power. Lets stick to the "politics" bit.

nothing you usually say seems to be relevant
  • Options
    Yeah.

Well, Mr. G

If you can't see the relevance of the arbitary nature of a country (the excuse for the death of millions and the continuing control of millions) or the importance of not voting because it legitimises killers, thieves and liars, perhaps you need to have a shufti at how you see the world.

Don't vote for them they are seeking legitimacy not for permission.

• Options
    seeker wrote:
    Could you provide the factual details for that statement?

seeker

Money allows for easier trade, its hard to take 150 sheep to America and swap it for some grain, where as its much easier to take money.

Trade makes people richer.

Unless of course you would like us to go back to a time when there was next to no trade, we lived on our own farms and died at age 35.
  • Options
    Bongbudda,

We started using currency (as a race) in ancient babylonia. It's hardly the massive surge to the presnt day you are claiming it to be.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Bongbudda,

We started using currency (as a race) in ancient babylonia. It's hardly the massive surge to the presnt day you are claiming it to be.

So you're saying we would still be as rich as we are now if we never used currency and always used barter?
  • Options
    Nope.

But it's not the factual detail that seeker asked you for.

The fact that we had money for millienia before our current success must mean that it's not solely (or even partly) for -
    huge leap in personal wealth and growth that came from leaving bartering behind us

We switched from bartering to money and carried on as normal for thousands of years. Nothing changed.

What was the first money, btw?
  • Options
    Whatever, you have bored me into submission, well done. I have absolutely no more energy for this pathetic pointless back and forth.