Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bushisms

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :lol::lol: were you just not watching the news back in 2000? it was well agreed upon that Bush didn't win the popular vote, but he did win the electoral college. Then the liberals made a big stink over it.

I have no idea why you're laughing. You make a claim that its indisputable that Bush didn't win the election. I point out that at least some research shows that he won Florida - which at the very least means that some evidence disputes your claim.

Now you seem to be admiting he won the electoral college - ie he won the election.

Whether or not he got more of the popular vote is irrelevant. Liberals cannot change the system from an electoral college to popular vote, just because it didn't get the result they wanted.
  • Options
    I'm laughing at your wild misinterpretations, and condescending arguments :p

Matadore made the argument that "bush was twice the elected leader of the U.S." (or some such thing, honestly i don't want to go back and look for the actual quote). he made that argument in an attempt to point out that we chose him to be our leader, but the truth is that we didn't we chose Gore. I don't particularly want to dispute whether or not Gore won Florida (we'll probably never know).
  • Options
    we know for sure that he didn't win the first one (that’s undisputable, even if you don't question all the foul play). the second time is still under scrutiny

I've put in bold your comments that it was undisputable that he didn't win the first one. I disputed it. You are now backing down and saying well he didn't get more votes.

Excuse me if I'm confused what your argument is as you seem unsure of it yourself.
  • Options
    i meant that he didn't win by popular vote (as Matadore had tried to make it seem).
  • Options
    Lol, what is he like..
  • Options
    The mythology surrounding Bush's intellect is amazing. Now I personally wouldn't vote for him but I'm given to believe that he's actually a very astute person pretending to be a simple Texan fella because he knows that a lot of people love that kind of thing - especially because it's much harder to believe that a slightly dim, tongue-tied president would be able to decieve you.

BTW, I couldn't help noticing that some of those quotes are actually from Dan Quayle.